Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Loc: Chocolate City
you can't spell CORONAdo without....
    #4092300 - 04/24/05 06:59 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I hate weddings...

Normally I don't, but the last two weddings I went to were crap. The most recent being last night at this place:

http://www.hoteldel.com/

The hotel del coronado... one of the fanciest hotels in the northern hemisphere. Rooms START around 300 a night or so. Went to a wedding for a distant cousin.

The guy throwing this bad boy throws 100's of thousands on the wedding. I recognize a few ppl there from clients and work and such (mmmm seeing hot chicks from work in their weding get ups and high heels.. drools)... but other than that I barely knew anyone... so I get drunk as shit.

I get stuck at a table with a bunch of real estate moguls... all early 40 something year old milionares and their spouses. I get stuck next to this single aussie chick that was in her 30's, but she didn't seem to responsive when I tried to engage her in converstaion. I guess I didn't look like I had as much money as everyone else. Psssht.

There was a fucking CHOCOLAET FOUNTAIN... that's right... a fountain spewing chocolate..

After hitting this up I decide I'm bored out of my mind.. as most of the people there are middle aged millionares as well... bla bla bla "million dollar this"... bla bla bla "made 50k off this million and a half house that" bla bla bla...

zzzzzzz

231423423 jack and cokes, 23490842 coronas, and 234923 snubbings from all the snotty single chicks later, the only kindred soul I find there is one of my distant cousins... a 13 year old kid, Tony. (that looks and has the maturity of a 16-17 year old). We both decide that we're bored shitless and the people are annoying as hell so I tell his dad that we're going to chill around the hotel. We end up wandering around the city of Coronado instead.

I'm drunk as fuck... don't realize I have an open beer in my hand... as we go stumbling out of the building into town. You should have seen the look on his 13 year old non-experienced face when the cops roll up to confront me about it. He almost pissed his pants. I was used to the cops though.. heh... They were pretty cool about it. I offered to throw it away.

I kept trying to get this kid to drink. I'm such a great influence, aren't I? I was bored and this was the only kind of amusement I could find. I managed to get him to take a few sips of whiskey/coke and some beer.

The whole time this real estate tycoon, Chuck, a former NYC cop is getting on my ass for not hooking up with the snotty bitches in the room. I'm like "Dude. I've tried. It's pointless. They're just a bunch of stupid ho'z".

"THey're ALWAYS just a bunch of stupid hoes! What are you gay? Are you afraid of girls".

Everytime I walked back in to the wedding party, I had to deal with this kind of shit. There was one 34 year old chick that was there that was from a client's office. I always saw her around the office and was kind of attracted to her. The only time it looked like I was about to have some fun when she was drunk and tried to get me to dance with her, this Chuck guy grabs me and tries to drag me around to talk to this snooty biiiiaches. RRRG!!!

The morning after I was in one of those hangover modes where you just want to stare at the wall and blank out. Instead, I have to hit this brunch where everyone's up in my grill piece either trying to get me run around with the video camera to ragging on me or what not. The last thing you want when your brain is traumatized from liquor is 5 million people getting up in your face.

The free liquor was about the only part of the night I enjoyed.

I had an extra +1 to go with me, but couldn't find a female friend in the socal area that wanted to/could get off work to go. I should have posted it here seeing if any shroomerites wanted to go. I almost lost my sanity... could have used someone there to ground me.

The last wedding I went to a year and a half ago... twas my last night on a two week stint back in Baltimore. All my friends were there, which was the problem. My ex g/f is there with the OTHER friend of mine that she left me for (only one month earlier). They stuck there's table right near mine to, so the whole night I was sitting there just daydreaming about smashing them in the head with a metal garbage can.

I used to love weddings as a kid. The past two times though, ugh... traumatizing. If I ever get stuck at another fancy pants wedding out here, I'm dragging one of yall's shroomerites asses with me.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Re: you can't spell CORONAdo without.... [Re: BrAiN]
    #4092302 - 04/24/05 07:00 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I'll post some pics later tonight when my mom uploads the pics from the camera. You guys get to see BrAiN in a pimped out wedding get-up.

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #4092347 - 04/24/05 07:13 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Should've taken 40 with ya.  Not only is he in San Diego, but he's a stud with the ladies.  You two could've pimped all those snotty rich bitches all night.

I hate snotty rich people.  But free booze/food is always fun.  I take advantage of every opportunity to go to fancy weddings and parties.  I'm happy to blow some rich dudes money whenever possible!  :grin:

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Re: you can't spell CORONAdo without.... [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #4092354 - 04/24/05 07:15 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I was actually thinking about callnig 40 when i was down there... it's right by imperial beach

but i didn't have his number

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
    #4092357 - 04/24/05 07:16 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Good read. Do show some pics.

--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Re: you can't spell CORONAdo without.... [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #4093239 - 04/24/05 11:20 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

http://www.bulala.com/wedding/

there's the pics.. i'm the one with the red tie

this wedding was hardcore 6 digits

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
    #4093368 - 04/25/05 12:00 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

That is a pretty nice hotel. Love the suit!

--------------------

Invisiblericochet
Re: you can't spell CORONAdo without.... [Re: CherryBom]
    #4093379 - 04/25/05 12:03 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

bittersweet story. nice suit. my condolences.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub