Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineralphie
Stranger
Misting PMP
    #4091992 - 04/24/05 05:18 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

All you people say to mist and fan fruiting chambers numerous times a day. How long do you keep this up for? Also, I have a poor man's pod with a big ass pump blowing in lots of air constantly through a couple of bubble wands under all the perlite. I also have a couple of holes on the other side of the chamber, allowing continuous air exchange. The building instructions says that it is self sufficient. Do I still need to fan?

Also, while I have your attention, two more questions...

Is adding wild bird seed to brf/verm increase the nutritive value, thereby increasing the potency of the mushrooms?

And do mushrooms get messed up if you introduce daylight during their night-time? I know cannabis plants get screwed up if they have light during there darks hours, so is this the same for mushroom? I ask because if it is not bad, I would like to fan at night too.

--------------------
There must be some kinda way outta here said a joker to the thief.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinegratefulredhead

Loc: Off the map....
Re: Misting PMP [Re: ralphie]
    #4092022 - 04/24/05 05:26 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

if you have lots of air coming through, you probably don't need to fan. judge that by how the pinning/cropping goes.

wild bird seed increases nutritive value, yes. some say this will increase potency, some argue that it will just increase growth and yield.

i don't think it will matter with the light cycle, as long as there is a steady on and off pattern, something like they would get in nature. if there is a bit of light now and then during their "dark time" it should hurt them.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation