Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineemptywisdom
simple being oflight
 User Gallery

Loc: Lemuria
Just when you think you have a unique style of guitar playing going...
    #4091832 - 04/24/05 04:33 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

You (I) end up hearing a band called six organs of admitance who are already doing well what you've spent the last two years working on. I suppose this was inevetable.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: Just when you think you have a unique style of guitar playing going... [Re: emptywisdom]
    #4091838 - 04/24/05 04:34 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Don't let it set you back... just keep expanding your style.

Hell, maybe you'll even catch a ride on a big wave they create...

Offlineemptywisdom
simple being oflight
 User Gallery

Loc: Lemuria
Re: Just when you think you have a unique style of guitar playing going... [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #4091929 - 04/24/05 05:03 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I don't think they're gonna create any BIG waves... But yeah, I'm just using it to feed my creativity and as a reference point to where I need to be with my ability. Simply put, if they are better than me than i'm not good enough yet, pretty simple measureing tool. i've been going through a few of there albums and notice that. while sticking to a primary style of fingerpicking, they do change up the tone a lot, much like myself, but only one seems to have really hit close to what i've been working on. "dark noontide" I've been developing the same overall style, but this one album cathes the tones and themes i've been developing as well. It's a cool discovery but it's also a little disapointing. My main goal as a musician is to make the ideal music I would like to hear while not consciousley imitating anything else that come before me. While I have not been imitateing them, I now feel like I need to branch of in a diferent direction from here on now that I am familiar with thier music. I see this as a good thing, but it reminds me of how far I have to go to get to where I want to be, and it's a bit frustrateing. Of course the journey is, after all, where all the fun is...

--------------------

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: Just when you think you have a unique style of guitar playing going... [Re: emptywisdom]
    #4091947 - 04/24/05 05:06 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I hear you man, I'm on the same journey... it's a daunting journey... maybe even the most daunting we could have chosen... but it's not about the destination, it's about the journey. So just keep plugging away, and enjoy the process... :smile:

Invisibleknumb
skull
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: top, bottom, strange, cha...
Re: Just when you think you have a unique style of guitar playing going... [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #4095351 - 04/25/05 04:06 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i have been listening to school of the flower lately and its quite a good album. dont worry about making completely original music. just make music you like. if you sound similar to 6OoA that isnt a bad thing. (its probably a good thing) dont worry if their "better" than you or not either. all that matters are the sounds you make.

k

--------------------
----------------------------------------
we hope that you choke

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
    #4095455 - 04/25/05 04:32 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

it shouldnt really be about this man, you should just be enjoying the music and playing.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Offlinedidjin_d
mmm....
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Just when you think you have a unique style of guitar playing going... [Re: Locus]
    #4095645 - 04/25/05 05:17 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

No music is completely original. Music has evolved through generations and will continue to do so for ever. Don't worry about being the first to ever play something, because it's probably not gonna happen. And that's fine! People enjoy the familiarities they hear in songs, if it is totally unfamiliar it probably won't be as enjoyable.

BUt I do understand where you are coming from. As a guitarist I used to try to be completetly original, but lately I've been letting my influences inlfuence. It's actually very helpfull and entertaining, just make sure you keep a wide variety of influences.

--------------------
" learning how to cook will save you money, usually make you healthier, and occasionally get you laid. "
-Shags420

"Most of the people who ask the question 'Do any psilocybin mushrooms grow around here?' would rather change their way of looking at reality rather than face the difficult and discouraging task of transforming reality itself"
-David Aurora, Mushrooms Demystified

Offlinelarryg
Traveller

Loc: Eastern Iowa
Re: Just when you think you have a unique style of guitar playing going... [Re: didjin_d]
    #4099146 - 04/26/05 03:43 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Its true that its pretty much all been done.. Just play what you enjoy.. Don't worry about it..

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media