Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Phish, Salvia, Shpongle

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineHawkeye2
Resident TranceAddict

What went wrong?
    #4091784 - 04/24/05 04:18 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I was just sitting here thinking about things and I remembered a trip I had about a month ago, a trip that could have been amazing but seems to have been ruined by my own paranoia and possibly ego. Here it is, and I want to know what you guys think happened, like why I freaked out and what I could have done to prevent this freak out.

My friend and I picked up a quater and a half 8th (3/8). Since I paid, I let gave him around an 8th and ingested a quarter for myself. It was a beautiful winter night, light flakes coming down on the ground, and we were excited at the prospect of a happy trip. We were fully armed with trippy toys, a good bag of middies, and our eager little brains.

I drove his girlfriend home about t+:15. We were coming down from some bud we had smoked while at my dealer's house, so we were pretty straight. As we began to drive back, at around t+:35, I felt something in my body. It was very similar to a stoned feeling except it had a very weird feeling about it. I knew from experience that this was the start of my trip.

We arrived at my house and I was very excited. My body filled with anticipation as the psilocybin was pumped into my veins. I felt very stoned and then the visuals began to manifest. The walls and ceiling began undulating and pulsing, typical visuals. At about t+1:00, we began to come up VERY hard. I usually think of this stage as uncomfortable, but this time it had a very different feel. The first 15 minutes of the comeup were uncomfortable with a stoned feeling but the knowledge that it was definitely not pot, and uneasiness of what awaited.

Anyway, we sat on my bed chatting for a bit. I told him stories and things that happened while I was away at school. I felt alot of love for him, sometimes he really bothers me but this time I was eager to share with him some of the amazing experiences that happened to me while I was away.

This is where things get fuzzy. At t:2:30, this is where I made my first mistake.

A thought popped up in my mind: POT! Oh how my trip would skyrocket with some THC. My mistake? Smoking before my peak.

I packed my little pipe and took a rip. After two bowls, I hit my plateau at about t+3:00 just as the weed started to hit. Things became VERY disorienting and VERY fucked up. The peak was FAR too intense for me and I was simply not prepared for it. As this was happening, my grandfather walked in and began talking to us, asking about our plans for tomorrow, etc.

He was being perfectly friend and had no idea what was going on, but when he left the room and shut the door, I lost it. I became obsessed with the idea he knew we were tripping and that he would hate me forever and that everything was fucked up. I became very stressed about my life. I looked to my friend for assurance. "Does he know? are you sure he doesn't know? How do you know if he knows!" My friend was great and kept reassuring me that no , he doesn't know, he was acting perfectly normal, however my vision of reality was very obscured and I did not know normal from bizarre.

Every few seconds I would ask "Does he know?" After I asked, he'd reassure me, and i'd feel better, but then the negative feelings would overcome.

Then it finally came out: "I'm going to kill myself." The words just slipped out of my mouth, it sounded so alien coming from me, I've never said that before. I didn't realize the impact of what those words meant at the time. I didn't even think I was going to kill myself. I just felt stressed and my brain said "this is what you're supposed to say." So I went with it. "I'm going to drink bleach, I'm going to kill myself, my life is over" My friend tried to talk to me, he wasn't nearly as messed as I was, and he began to cry, saying "No you're not, no you're not, your life isn't over, he doesn't know.." I asked him if he was crying and he said "Yes, you're scaring me." I didn't realize that people cry when they're sad, and didn't know why he was crying over me.

The plateau was over at this time. The entire peak was spent asking "Does he know?" and telling him I'm going to kill myself. I came down and regained myself a little more. At this time, I don't know, my friend accidentally elbowed me in the nose and, though it didn't hurt a bit, I began to bleed from ny nose.

"Oh my god, I'm bleeding." I flipped out. I blew the bloody nose way out of proportion, I could feel my heart pumping the blood out of my body through my nose and I thought I was dying. The bloody nose ceased, but as it was a chilly night, my nose began to run due to the winter weather. 10 minutes later, I said "I'm still bleeding, my nose is running!" and he said "It's just cold it's not bleeding your nose is just running from boogers." I asked, "Is that normal? To peoples' noses run inside?" He reaffirmed me yes, and after some thought kind of forgot about it.

Keep in mind that this entire time I was still asking every few minutes if he knew, I simply would not accept no as an answer. It seemed almost impulsive.

At around t+5:30, my friend was going through my wallet and playing with my ID. I don't know how, but he snapped it down the middle. I began crying. I simply did not understand what had happened and why he would do that.

"Look, we can fix it tomorrow, just tape it" he reassured me. I let this topic go too.

At this time, I really had to go pee. I told my freind this, and he said, "Go." I tried to stand up (this entire time we were laying on my bed, I have a large bed, and I feel very comfortable chilling on my bed with my friends just listening to music and talking).

As soon as I stood up, I nearly fell down. Every time I moved my leg, it felt like I was moving it a million times. It felt like time was rewinding a hundred times and I made that action over and over. When i moved my arm, I almost felt like a spider because it felt like my arms were moving a hundred times every time I did something with them. I simply could not walk.

At this time my friend decided he had to pee as well. I begged him not to go out there, telling him he couldn't walk straight, but he opened the door and went without trouble. I was mad at him briefly for disobeying me, but got over it.

I knew I was coming down at this point, probably t+6:30, but still was tripping very hard. My obsessive compulsive disorder took over. I cleaned my room and cleaned my room, every drawer had to be shut, everything had to be off my floor that wasn't supposed to be there, I reopened and reclosed my drawers many times. After my wigout, I realized that I was being stupid and OCD and said to myself, "What am I doing?!", so we decided to enter an after-trip chillout phase.

We shut all the lights off and put on our favorite mix CD. It contained Juno Reactor, Shpongle, and Infected Mushroom. I shut my eyes and became enthralled in the music. Vast expanses of full colorful 3-d tetris like shapes enveloped my vision, and I went into a trance watching these awesome visuals and fractals, listening to music. The visuals were very similar to winamp's milkdrop visualizer, and I think they were partly inspired by this.

It was now around t+8:00 and I had pretty much regained my senses and was laid back tripping, in a very comfortable place in my head. I was still tripping pretty nicely, getting good visuals but the mindfuck was pretty much gone. At this point we smoked another bowl and ventured outside for some cereal. It was about 1:00 AM and everyone in my house was asleep. We got some cinnamon life and ate what was probably the best bowl of cereal in my life. The swirls of cinnamon in my milk amazed me. I stared at them and they turned in to orange balls. The milk took on an infinite depth and the balls seemed to strech inward, to the ground, all on this milky shiny surface. Then the swirls turned into fractals, still orange in hue, and I was very entertained by this.

We smoked a few cigarettes, which were also amazing, chatting about our trip, joking around about my obsession with asking, "Does he know?" I was asking this almost the entire night up until our chillout phase. I must have asked that question a hundred times no exaggeration. We smoked some more weed, listened to some music, and slowly fell asleep at around t+13.

Well, that's my trip, quiet an abridged version, and between then and no some events were undoubtedly forgotten and I didn't capture all the details of this experience, but I just want some input. I freaked out pretty badly, as is evident above. I think my mistake was worrying so much about what other people knew. The funny thing is, my grandfather never knew and if he had, he really wouldn't have cared much. They have seen me tripping before and didn't mind much. I became overly obsessive and way too worried. This experience taught me ALOT, more than can be documented here. It taught me that I still have alot of problems, and I am worried WAY too much, and my OCD is pretty bad, I just hadn't noticed it before this.

Luckily, I have tripped after this and had a wonderful time, but the comination of not being mentally prepared, smoking right before the peak, and not letting go of my emotions ruined the majority of a time that could have been the most significant period in my life.

Quiet a long report, if anyone even takes the time to read it I'll be surprised and grateful, but I just wanted to get my thoughts documented and maybe see what others think about this trip!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineShroomySam
Stranger
Re: What went wrong? [Re: Hawkeye2]
    #4092003 - 04/24/05 05:21 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Wow. I can definately relate to what happened with you, except ive never smoked weed during the trip. That happend to me once during my second trip. I accidnently banged my knee on a deck in my basment and I was sooo POSITIVE that my parents heard and that they could tell, just from that noise, that I was on drugs. I really freaked out. But within an hour of that I was just sitting on my sis's bed joking about how stupid I had been. But later that night I too fell into a negative thought spiral that wouldnt stop till I finally got my peak/thoughts under control.

All in all, I would not call that a "bad" trip. Just a trips whos lessons were taught alittle harsher.

OfflineHawkeye2
Resident TranceAddict

Re: What went wrong? [Re: ShroomySam]
    #4092385 - 04/24/05 07:26 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the response! Good to know that others relate. Funny how things can get blown out of proportion so easily on shrooms. :-)

InvisibleDa_Vine
eat me
Male

Loc: jamaica mon
Re: What went wrong? [Re: Hawkeye2]
    #4093150 - 04/24/05 10:58 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

like you said man the weed, what i do is smoke later or the next day after consuming and it will bring it right back you can do this for a day or two depending on how much you take.

OfflineAbermelin
Gnome Hat

Loc: In The Mycelial Network
Re: What went wrong? [Re: Da_Vine]
    #4093534 - 04/25/05 12:41 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

thats what you get for doing psychedelics in an uncomfortable environment. And doing strong doses of mushrooms while you have a mental disorder isnt quite a good idea either.

yeah, your friend being unsupportive, elbowing you in the nose, and ripping your ID in two. thats sounds pretty strange.

perhaps you take an maoi? that could have potentiated the trip well beyond a heroic dose.

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: What went wrong? [Re: Abermelin]
    #4093776 - 04/25/05 01:38 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Sometimes the mindfuck just dominates, and there is nothing you can do about it...

I ate 5.5g's with two other friends and my parents were out of town, the whole house to ourselves....perfect enviroment right? I ended up convinced that my entire family somehow knew that I was on mushrooms and they were comming home when in reality they were far far away in a different state. I could hear my dads voice in my head saying something about how he knows what I am doing. I also went into this paranoia phase of turning on and off the same light in my garge for like 30 minutes. I would shut it off, walk out of the garge, then re-open the door just to "make sure" it was off. I would then pace back and forth doing this over and over, I managed to put large holes in my socks. I didn't have a "bad trip" and it dosen't sound like you did either, but sometimes things just get really weird really fast and you can't do much but hold on.

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

Offlinetomme~
Toast lover
Loc: England
Re: What went wrong? [Re: Cubieman420]
    #4094204 - 04/25/05 05:54 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Lots of things in this thread are familiar to me too. Last time I tripped I had an empty house so thought everything was good. I started worrying about various things and for the first hour I was wondering around outside turning on and off the light in the conservatory. In the end when I went in and listened to music with my friend I felt alot better and it turned from utter confusion to an amazing experience.

Recently I have found it hard to find a good setting, I think this is mainly me being paranoid and worrying too much. I do sometimes get quite paranoid at night anyway so I think next time I will have a nice summery evening trip in nature.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: What went wrong? [Re: tomme~]
    #4094584 - 04/25/05 11:21 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

A good setting is a nice secluded spot in the forest or park.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineAbermelin
Gnome Hat

Loc: In The Mycelial Network
Re: What went wrong? [Re: mecreateme]
    #4094599 - 04/25/05 11:26 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

yeah, why the hell are you doing shrooms indoors?

InvisibleAdden
Saprotrophic Specimen
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Amongst the Dunes
Re: What went wrong? [Re: Abermelin]
    #4095276 - 04/25/05 03:49 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Dark rooms, security, warm blankets, baked rooms, readily available food/drink, entertainment if you need to get your mind off things, seclusion if you want to get your mind ON things.. the list goes on.

The tripping outside vs. tripping inside debate is a worthless pissing contest.. you like one, you like the other, you like both. Its all personal preference.

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: What went wrong? [Re: Adden]
    #4095478 - 04/25/05 04:37 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Its nice to have somewhere to chill during the comeup, then once you get comfortable with your trip, leave and do whatever then comeback to the house. Thats how my trips generally go. My last trip (one of my best LSD experiences) was in Winter Park, Colorado with a buddy. We had a cabin up in the woods all to OURSELVES, and it was a nice cabin too, heated, TV, full kitchen and all. It was so nice to sit on the deck, sip on tea, and gaze through the tall pines at the wispy clounds that seemed so close and the full moon. Then go back inside and watch the primus and phish DVDs, then repeat......I just love having perfect trip settings, it really makes all the difference.

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

OfflineHawkeye2
Resident TranceAddict

Re: What went wrong? [Re: Cubieman420]
    #4098864 - 04/26/05 02:43 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

We didn't trip outside because it was subzero and snowing. In my room on my bed was simply the most comfortable environment I can think of, if anything this saved me from an all out freak out. Had I been in a place where I felt remotely uncomfortable I would have flipped out and ran into the cold. I don't think setting had much to do with this trip, maybe it's because I'm so prone to worrying. I remember the first time I smoked salvia I spent the entire trip searching the ground for a piece of bud I dropped in a corner. Of course I found it as soon as I came down.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Phish, Salvia, Shpongle

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience