Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Coir, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinenambi
journeyman
 User Gallery
When do I put these fpr fruiting (see pics)
    #4091404 - 04/24/05 01:38 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I've been having a string of bad luck with my projects so I am being very thorough with this one abd also experimenting with new techniques.

1st I colonized Equadors on Rye, I then spawned it to straw and cased with coir and verm, (3 cases) I also cased one same straw with just (verm)

2nd I colonized Equadors on Rye and presently spawning this to horse poo.

after about 1-2 weeks after the casing I can see the mycelium poping through the tops on some of my cases,
see pics below.

here are cases 1-3 these are cased with verm and coir and as you can see the mecelium is slowely coming through, I don't want to fruit these prematurally so I am asking for some advice.

Here is my 4th case using just verm as the casign layer, some small areas the mycelium is comming through

And lastly is the horse poo I only cased this less than 1 week ago, you can see the mycelium taking over, but I'm not sure when I should fruit this as this is the first time I'm tried with poo, Do I wait for the poo to turn completley white with mycelium before I fruit it?

And if I fruit these prematuraly are they more suseptable to contamination??

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleNeedMoreSleep
OCD = 100%Sterility :-)

Loc: One Inch ↑
Re: When do I put these fpr fruiting (see pics) [Re: nambi]
    #4091423 - 04/24/05 01:48 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

After you spawn your rye to the bulk substrate, cover this and let it incubate until 100% colonized.  It will look like a giant cake.  Once 100% colonized, cover with your prefered casing layer, and stick her back into incubation.  After a couple days the mycelium will poke through the surface in a couple spots.  Patch those spots with a little bit of casing and put it right into fruiting conditions.  You want your substrate (rye/straw/shit/etc) to be 100% colonized with mycelium and your casing layer to have mycelium growth just underneath the top of your casing layer.  Lemme know if you got any questions.  Also, you can see what my casings look like in the FC on my growlog... GL bro :stoned:

Ewwwww, I just posted my 1000th post :grin:

--------------------

"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil,
which we must fear most. And that is... the indifference of good men."
-Boondock Saints

Offlinenambi
journeyman
 User Gallery
Re: When do I put these for fruiting (see pics) [Re: NeedMoreSleep]
    #4092217 - 04/24/05 06:31 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Few more questions when I add these to the fruiting chamber what do i set the conditions to? hot and humid or cool and low humidity?

I was told that when you want the cakes to pin you lower the heat and fan them a lot, as of now there are no signs of pins.

When they pin is this when I change the conditions?? I don't have any sterile casing layer left is it a big problem if I don't patch the casing?

Edited by nambi (04/24/05 08:49 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Coir, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation