Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Mimosa Hostilis, pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinejonnyjonjonjon
CrackBadger
 User Gallery

Loc: The Pharm
Mimosa
    #4091066 - 04/24/05 11:06 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I found a nursery in my area but the only thing theyve got thats worth getting is mimosa, the problem is they dont say what type of mimosa, is it only mimosa hostilis that contains psychoactive alkaloids or can i get any type?

Heres the list of what they got if anyone spots something i didnt please tell me.

Exotic Orchids (Phong Lan)- Many types and sizes, please inquire.

Blue Butterfly (Thanh Điệp)- Interesting flowers that look very much like butterflies. Clusters of blue 'butterflies' cover each branch tip.
From $8.00

Bougainvillea (Hoa Giấy)- Very popular in the tropics, these plants produce clusters of red, pink, or white long-lasting flowers. Suitable for hanging baskets or trained as 'trees'. Dwarf form is excellent for bonsai.
From $8.00

Bleeding Heart Vine (Ngọc Nữ) - Clusters of white flowers with red center, lasting for weeks before the bracts turn light-purple, which also last for many more weeks. Bloom almost year round. Very easy to grow.
From $8.00

Calla Lily () - Admired as 'Queen of flowers', this noble flower is both beautiful and long-lasting. Enjoy the vivid color of these flowers against the lush green foliage.
From $8.00

Bird of Paradise (Thi?n Điểu) - One of the most beautiful flowers. The Long-lasting flowers resemble birds in flight. From $10.00

Mimosa (Trinh Nữ)- These pompom-like flowers are very eye-catchy with their 'explosive firework' effect: numerous stamens radiating from the center. We have many plants with this form of flower: Gold Acacia, Powder Puff, Silk Tree, and Sensitive Plant.
From $4.00

Coral Vine, Chain-of-Love (Ti-g?n) - This flowering vine is native to tropical America. A favorite vine in Florida for its chains of showy flowers, the brightest shade of pink. The masses of flowers are a big attraction for butterflies.
From $6.00
Seeds $1

Angel's Trumpet () - Many sizes and colors, please inquire.
From $9.00

Tibouchina, Princess Flower () - Please inquire.

Desert Rose, (Sứ Th?i-Lan)- Bright, beautiful pink or white flowers on a compact plant with curious-looking trunk. A favorite for bonsai. In Florida and tropical regions, the pot plant is proudly displayed outdoor with its showy clusters of bright pink flowers, covering every branch top.

From $30.00
Hibiscus (D?m Bụt)- Also known as 'Rose of China', these tropical hibiscus plants are easy to grow. They bloom almost continuously given sufficient sunlight and fertilizer. The showy flowers has bright color against dark, lush green, heart-shaped leaves. Almost no trouble with bugs or diseases.

From $8.00
Lucky Nuts () - Coming soon !
Peregrina (Nhất Chi Mai)- A shrub with long flowering season, this plant offers bright showy scarlet red flowers with yellow stamens. Attracts hummingbirds and butterflies. Can be trained into an attractive small tree.

From $8.00
Mickey Mouse Plant (Mai Tứ Qu?)- The most celebrated flower in Viet-Nam, Ochna integerrima blooms profusely on the occasion of 'Tet', the Vietnamese New Year. The bright yellow flowers are believed to bring good luck and prosperity. This variety, Ochna serrulata, after flowering, has shiny black berries on bright red sepals that resembles the face of Mickey Mouse.
From $18.00

Bay Rose, Oleander (Tr?c Đ?o) - This upright shrub faithfully produces nice clusters of brightly colored flowers all summer. A very popular indoor flowering shrub for our northern climate. With pruning, it makes an impressive formal upright 'tree' on your patio or front yard. Can be over-wintered in a garage.
From $10.00

Flamboyant, Petit Flamboyant
(Phượng Vĩ, Điệp)- One of the most beautiful flower tree in the tropics. In summer, the tree canopy is covered with bright scarlet orange blossoms. Mimosa-like leaves close up at night. Can be grown as a potted tree.
From $8.00
Seeds $1

Gold Cassia (Điệp Mexico)- An impressive patio tree, covered with dense clusters of bright yellow flowers in September. Double leaves close up at night.
From $8.00

Ixora (Trang)- 'Jungle Flame' flowers are hot, bright red against glossy deep green leaves.
Its sweet nectar is a favorite for butterflies.
From $16.00

Anthurium, Flamingo Flower (Hồng Hạc)- This impressive indoor plant is native to Hawaii. Its brightly colored flowers have exotic shape of a heart, and the lush green foliage also comes in interesting shapes. Flowers are very long-lasting, and they bloom almost year-round.
From $8.00

Crape Myrtle, Lilac-of-the-South (Tường Vi)- '
Mass of flowers in brilliant colors.
The dwarf variety is excellent for bonsai.
From $15.00

Cypress Vine (T?c Ti?n )- '
From $6.00
Seeds $1

Cardinal Climber (Hồng Y)- '
From $6.00
Seed $1

--------------------
Mother goose said to the swan "Is that PCP your cooking?" and the swan replied "Yes, yes it is.

Edited by jonnyjonjonjon (04/24/05 11:12 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDrpsilly
mushroom shaman

Loc: Florida
Re: Mimosa [Re: jonnyjonjonjon]
    #4091138 - 04/24/05 12:01 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

angel trumpets are extremely psychoactive

OfflineAbermelin
Gnome Hat

Loc: In The Mycelial Network
Re: Mimosa [Re: Drpsilly]
    #4091263 - 04/24/05 12:45 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

mimosa is a rather large family of plants. If its not mimosa hostilis, its not mimosa hostilis. Im not sure about the psychoactivity of the rest of the plants, but only hostilis contains NNDMT in the mimosa family.

Offlinejonnyjonjonjon
CrackBadger
 User Gallery

Loc: The Pharm
Re: Mimosa [Re: Abermelin]
    #4091301 - 04/24/05 01:01 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Heres the picture i dont have a clue what hostilis looks like but im guessin it doesnt look like this

--------------------
Mother goose said to the swan "Is that PCP your cooking?" and the swan replied "Yes, yes it is.

OfflineChuangTzu
starvingphysicist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mimosa [Re: jonnyjonjonjon]
    #4094141 - 04/25/05 04:19 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

From TIHKAL,
Quote:

"There are several additional species of Mimosa that have been found to contain DMT. Another wine has been made from a plant called jurema branca which has been identified as M. verrucosa. It has a bark containing reasonably high quantities of DMT. Three closely allied plants contain alkaloids but are not known sources of drugs. M. scabrella has been reported to contain DMT and NMT as well as unsubstituted tryptamine itself. An even wider selection can be found in M. somnians where all of these are present plus bufotenine, 5-MeO-DMT, and 5-MeO-NMT as well. And finally, traces of DMT have been reported from the trunk bark of M. tenuiflora."

There is a lot of research yet to be done in this area. You never know what you're gonna get. Even with some of the researched species the alkaloid content can vary between seasons and even the time of day the sample is taken. There is still a lot out there to be found by careful experimentation.

But having said that, it would be irresponsible to suggest that you ingest anything if you are not 100% sure what it is and are familiar with its effects.

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
Re: Mimosa [Re: ChuangTzu]
    #4094594 - 04/25/05 11:25 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

hibiscus can be made into a tasty herbal tea..

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

OfflineOOKLA
Mr.Slippyfist

Re: Mimosa [Re: JCoke]
    #4094729 - 04/25/05 12:30 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Angels trumpets..... but I don't know if it is any particular type or color variation.

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
Re: Mimosa [Re: OOKLA]
    #4094961 - 04/25/05 02:14 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

i'm pretty sure (and correct me if i'm wrong) that all types of angel trumpets/datura are active..

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

OfflineDrpsilly
mushroom shaman

Loc: Florida
Re: Mimosa [Re: JCoke]
    #4107058 - 04/28/05 03:06 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

do angel trumpets have to be prepared? ive heard they can make you sick

OfflineChemical_Bliss
Officer of thelaw...
Re: Mimosa [Re: Drpsilly]
    #4107316 - 04/28/05 04:32 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Drpsilly said:
do angel trumpets have to be prepared? ive heard they can make you sick

I`d say sick would be the least of your concerns after consuming such plants.

--------------------
'divine moments of truth, total and utter cosmic stuff...'
'be here now... i love everybody'

InvisibleStonehenge
Gone
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
Re: Mimosa [Re: Chemical_Bliss]
    #4107690 - 04/28/05 06:16 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Angels trumpets can make you dead. Same thing with any datura

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

OfflineChemical_Bliss
Officer of thelaw...
Re: Mimosa [Re: Stonehenge]
    #4108356 - 04/28/05 08:43 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
Angels trumpets can make you dead. Same thing with any datura

That wouldnt be half as bad as some of the stories I`ve heard...death would be prefreble to cutting off your own genitalia if ya ask me :smile:

--------------------
'divine moments of truth, total and utter cosmic stuff...'
'be here now... i love everybody'

Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: Mimosa [Re: Chemical_Bliss]
    #4108885 - 04/28/05 11:13 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

trumpets can kill.
specially the seeds. beware.

FH

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Mimosa Hostilis, pH Test Strips

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden