Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
Does the amount of light increase the amount of pins?
    #4091055 - 04/24/05 11:01 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I have 3 casings sitting in a bathtub in my bathroom all lined up in a row. The first casing is closest to the window and so on. Well my first casing has some 20 pins going, 12 in the second one, and 5 in the third one. The third casing container is some 2 feet further away from the window than the first.

Does the first casing have more pins because it's closer to the light source? Should I initiate a rotation schedule? I have a small desk lamp with a sun type fluorescent bulb, will the UV rays, if any, affect the pins?

The reason I ask is because I can set the desk lamp closest to the furthest casing to give it some more light to catch up.

I know I'm asking a lot of questions and I do appreciate any incite you people can offer. You guys rule!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Does the amount of light increase the amount of pins? [Re: Wronguy]
    #4091062 - 04/24/05 11:04 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

From your experience, it is sounding like it does influence them. Of course, it could just be a coincidence also.

I'm not really sure...but I'll be others have more input.

OfflineHerbanShaman
I am the Walrus

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
Re: Does the amount of light increase the amount of pins? [Re: Wronguy]
    #4091063 - 04/24/05 11:05 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

No, more light will not increase the amount of pins. In nature they'd be on the forest floor and only recieve a minimal amount of light due to shade from the canopy. It is for this reason that they probably don't require much light.

--------------------
"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me. When I return from the trip that I have taken with them, I tell what they have told me and what they have shown me."
-- Mazatec shaman

OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Does the amount of light increase the amount of pins? [Re: HerbanShaman]
    #4091150 - 04/24/05 12:08 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Thank you for the replies. I have rotated the 1st and 3rd casing in my TiT to verify. If I see more pin action coming from the recently rotated 3rd casing, I'll have shown that light does affect pinning.

I'll wait and see.

What about my other question on UV rays from the light bulb? Does this affect the pins? The sun puts off UV rays, but is not directly penetrating the casings. Only indirect sunlight is being given. Perhaps UV rays are present regardless of direct exposure.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation