Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJonathan_room
Stranger

Loc: UK
Mycelium Transfer
    #4090869 - 04/24/05 06:56 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Will it work as my first bloody cake looks to be showing the first sign of a touch of green mold about half a cm round, is it poss to take a "graft" of the good side and use it to colonize a new cake?
seems like it should be possible but is it ?
any help much appreciated?  :smile:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Mycelium Transfer [Re: Jonathan_room]
    #4090873 - 04/24/05 07:00 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Its possible to do transfers. But if you are starting to see green the the mold is already well established in your cake. The green you see is spore production from the trich. You will just end up transfering the mold to you new jar. Sorry to be the berrer of bad news.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

OfflineJonathan_room
Stranger

Re: Mycelium Transfer [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #4090876 - 04/24/05 07:03 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

its OK thanks for the super quick response less than 5 Min's :smile: but it is possible anyway,what just introducing the mycelium to the new cake? just curious now...hmm off to get some more spore's  :crazy:

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #4090880 - 04/24/05 07:11 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, taking a sterile knife and cutting a piece out of it, then transfering it into the new jar. Best to be done in a glove box. I guess its worth a shot, but in my opinion you should just throw the jars out and start over.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

OfflineJonathan_room
Stranger

Re: Mycelium Transfer [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #4090881 - 04/24/05 07:15 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

yeah I'm going to i just thought it knowing that could save time in the future, whats the point with this cake its all ready got contams bah humbug back to the grind...cheers for the info :laugh:

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
    #4090892 - 04/24/05 07:41 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

i wouldnt waste the substrate on it i got all contaminated jars from trying this

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation