Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BMX Tricks
TiT?
    #4088886 - 04/23/05 05:29 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Ok, spent a good while on the search engine, still couldnt find a 3 year olds explanation (instructions that take no aspect for common sense or granted). Reading the posts got me even more confused i think. Afoaf has 10 fully colonized 1/2 pint jars now (21 days), ready to be birthed into a what he thinks should be a TiT. He has 3 nice sized clear tubs, which are the same size, does he need one bigger tub to do TiT? What is the arrangement of and places of the holes in the inner tub? Do you need perlite, or will a bed of vermiculite do (my foaf has a huge bag of verm left over)? I understand the amount of water, bleach, heater concept, but should there be any need for misting or letting water flow into the inner tub a little? The tubs my foaf has fit into each other perfectly, with about 2 inches of space on the bottom and pretty much seals at the top when stacked.

Any help would asap would be great since these puppies need to birth soon, and if there is a link to a 3 yr old type explanation on TiT, just post that please, because I couldnt find it.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: TiT? [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #4088900 - 04/23/05 05:34 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

it doesnt matter whether u use verm or perlite but put it in the inner tub. i personally use perlite in the inner tub. two of the same size tubs are typically wut are used.i jus now bilt my own tub in tub incubator and im expecting great results ive heard it was the best way to incubate

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
Re: TiT? [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4088931 - 04/23/05 05:46 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

yeah, when i searched, i mostly found your questions, but none specified on the things i needed to know. I still need to know what size, how many, and where to put the holes, also how many inches in the inner tub should the verm or perl be poured to make a proper bed?

Offlinesnoo
Stranger

#4088948 - 04/23/05 05:50 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Tub in Tub is usually used for incubation (while your jars are colonizing). If your room temp stays 70-75 you shouldn't need any other source of heat. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think 70-75 is ideal for fruiting.

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

#4088949 - 04/23/05 05:51 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

for the perlite id say a half inch to an inch would be good and then add water so that it is wet but not swimming.

size doesnt matter as long as it will fit everything that will be incubated then ure all set.

as far as i kno u dont need holes u jus put the submersible heater in the water put the tub on top of it and it will work fine

--------------------
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
    #4089019 - 04/23/05 06:21 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i thought TiT was a fruiting chamber? see, cant take common sense for granted, it isnt all that common anyway.

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

#4089098 - 04/23/05 06:50 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

klol tit is an incubator sry for the misinterpretation

--------------------

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
    #4089169 - 04/23/05 07:06 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

well, crap....maybe im thinkin too hard about this then.... my foaf's jars are already starting to get the veins, and pins (?) the little white knots...

Invisibleohmatic
searcher
 User Gallery

Loc: europe
Trusted Cultivator
    #4089197 - 04/23/05 07:12 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

that's a tit:

peace ohm :mushroom2:

--------------------
:penis: MONOTUB tek :sun: HEATBOMB tek :penis:

RIP #cultivation! ....can't associate? well FUCK U !

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
    #4089214 - 04/23/05 07:15 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

ok, i think i know where my confusion is stemming from... The first time my foaf grew, he did a grow kit, which was a casing set up, and the myc was grown in a bag of rye, then cased into the tub. It was supposed to fruit in this bin, and it did well. So with PF tek jars, could I just birth them onto a bed of verm in the same style bin? or should i keep on going with the construction of the TiT and still use that as a fruiting chamber?

Someone please set me straight. and thanks to everyones input so far...

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

#4089241 - 04/23/05 07:26 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

dont us a tit as a fruiting chamber just use a regular tub at room temp with a bed of verm birth the cakes directly on to the bed of verm or if u like it them on top of the lids or a wire rack for elevation. no submersible heater is needed nor any other type of heat jus room temperature in a tub with a bed of verm then sprinkle verm on top of the cakes so that verm is covering both ends of the cake. this is called double end casing

--------------------

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
    #4089480 - 04/23/05 08:50 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

thanks for that tip, but this foaf is just practicing with PF tek, didnt really want to get into casing yet, but the tip you gave is pretty much just so that there is vermiculite on the top and bottom of the cake? with the sides open and uncovered?

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

#4089485 - 04/23/05 08:51 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

yes thats correct with the sides open and uncovered

--------------------

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
    #4089503 - 04/23/05 08:54 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I was also wondering when the best time to birth them was.... i have seen some sources say right when you see primordia, and then some say once you see the red dots...anyone have a definitive answer? These are aslo B+ strains, so if anyone has a lot of exp. with this strain and its quirks, a tip or two would be much appreciated.

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

#4089522 - 04/23/05 08:59 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

you don't want them to pin inside the jars. you want to take the cakes out when it is fully colonized. dont expose to much light while it is colonizing or else it might pin in the jar which you dont want. expose double end cased cake to light when fully colonized inside the fruiting chamber. double end casing will increase yields better than just as cakes alone so its well worth attempting its pretty hard to screw it up look here for the tek

--------------------

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
    #4089608 - 04/23/05 09:30 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

K, that rocks, my foaf is already done with the hard part I guess, the jars have some of the most thick and beautiful myc ever, beginners luck. Thanks for all your help! ill post pictures if possible

InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #4090904 - 04/24/05 08:12 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Try this. I hear it works ok.

Put two airstones in a rubbermade size of your choosing.    hook up your hoses and put in the geo-lite or hydroton ( lava rock will work, it is much cheeper but weighs a ton). I ran them threw the side.  I added the geolite 4 inches deep and water till it was an inch from the top    . Plug in hoses    ad cakes and go.  
  I hope this helps someone.  :grin:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Re: TiT? [Re: Magash]
    #4090963 - 04/24/05 09:37 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

listen to lord he is giving good advice. when i started b+ i didn't use a casing of any kind, not even double ended. my results were pretty bad. but then using dunk and rolled cakes they worked out great.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation