Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinechannelzero
uncomfortablynumb

first attempt at casing
    #4088753 - 04/23/05 02:39 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Hey guys, I have actually never grown mushrooms before but I am close to birthing six 1/2 pint jars PF style and was wanting to experiment with two of those by making a casing from them.

I plan on following the casing 101 TEK but I have a few questions:

1) How big of a pan will I need to make a casing from two half pint jars?

2) Should I use more than one pan?

3) My casing layer is going to be 50/50 peat/verm but I would also like to add some calcium carbonate as I have some sitting around. What ratio would you suggest using CaCO3 to peat/verm?

4) I don't have an extravagant fruiting chamber so I was wondering if using my TIT after incubation and placing a layer of perlite on the bottom for humidity would suffice? After turning off my heater the TIT fluctuates between 72-76 degrees F.

5) Just a question on lighting. If you can see the mushrooms, does that mean they are getting enough light? I could keep them in a certain spot where they would get indirect sunlight all day, but the light coming in that room is very faint.

THANKS!

--------------------
Chasing the tail of dogma?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinechannelzero
uncomfortablynumb

Re: first attempt at casing [Re: channelzero]
    #4089300 - 04/23/05 05:52 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

BUMP

--------------------
Chasing the tail of dogma?

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: first attempt at casing [Re: channelzero]
    #4089439 - 04/23/05 06:39 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

1) use a pan a little smaler than a loaf of bread
2) for two cakes dont use more than one pan. I split 2 cakes into two pans once for casing and it yielded really small mushrooms.
3) this may not help you but what i do is jus eyeball it and mix it in until it is slightly visible in the mixture. im guessing this is like a 5- 10% at most ratio.
4) if your TiT stays a 72-76 without the heater off then yea fruit in there because that is optimal conditions.
5) I would say that  night light or two is all you need for light on a 6/18 to 12/12 cycle.
]
hope i helped you out! GL! :thumbup:
-lordoftheshroomz

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies