Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelittleharoldeh
Zoom Zoom Zoom
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Drying questions, whaat about the sun, and a good sponser
    #4087957 - 04/23/05 09:21 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Hi, am curious about drying the mushrooms. From what I've read I should avoid using ovens or sunlight, and use a dehydrator or the chemical stuff in the bowl to absorb the moisture fom the shrooms. SO my question is, why does the shroomery have this pic then. I owuld love to make mine this color if I could. Are these cubenisis? Also, can someone recommend a good sponser to buy a kit from. I;m from Canada if that matters. Thanks alot

Nathan

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhotoguy
Drunk andJobless

Loc: Drunk in Texas
Re: Drying questions, whaat about the sun, and a good sponser [Re: littleharoldeh]
    #4087969 - 04/23/05 09:28 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Ah, your from Canada, you wont understand....J/K!..maybe...

Um, even though that looks pretty, you don't want your mushroom all blue like that. That means the psilocybe has oxidized, and that can reduce the potency of your mushroom "allegedly". Drying in the sun can also mean flies and squirrels and wombats could steal your lil friends, and that's not a good thing!

I dry by placing my mushrooms on plates inside a 50 qt Rubbermaid. I have a small fan that is taped upside down inside the container. Turn it on, and leave it alone for 2-3 days, and BAM, cracker dry mushrooms. I don't take kindly to chemicals and my mushies.

--------------------
You gotta check yo' self before you wreck yo' self

B, Z, F, Burma, Cambodian, Golden Teacher, Puerto Rico, South American, Costa Rica, African

My name is Ender Wiggen and I will own you soon. Bean is my second in command, he is PC'ing jars right now.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Drying questions, whaat about the sun, and a good sponser [Re: littleharoldeh]
    #4087993 - 04/23/05 09:42 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

littleharoldeh said:
From what I've read I should avoid using ovens or sunlight, and use a dehydrator or the chemical stuff in the bowl to absorb the moisture fom the shrooms.

dehydrators with no or very low heat are fine to use, you can fan dry and use a
disiccant like damprid as well, there is a great selection of ways to dry and
store them, use the search engine and search, check the option for main posts
only so that you arent weeding through thousands of posts. and varry you search
requirements for words like dehydrator or drying methods

the pic illustrates the oxydation of psilocin/psilocybin in the sun dried mushrooms

Offlinejtk
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Drying questions, whaat about the sun, and a good sponser [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4088007 - 04/23/05 09:51 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

do not buy a kit, just decide what tek you want to use and get all the supplies from local stores. You should order your spores and your jars if you'd like from a shroomery sponsor though. All of them are good. Ive ordered from ralphster and spores101, and both have great service and fast shipping.

--------------------
Don't let your brain tell your mind it can't feel

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: Drying questions, whaat about the sun, and a good sponser [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4088017 - 04/23/05 09:53 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

dririte is also good even drys that bester (bc bud) that we get

ps when will canadians learn to dry there comerical weed the same as they dry there dank ?

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

Invisiblexamginex
Stranger

Loc: Left side of USA
    #4088019 - 04/23/05 09:54 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Dehydrator dried about 100 degrees F. Nice and white and purty.

--------------------
-ALL POSTS ARE FICTITIOUS CREATIONS OF MY OVERACTIVE IMAGINATION AND IMAGINARY DIGITAL CAMERA-

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Drying questions, whaat about the sun, and a good sponser [Re: xamginex]
    #4088500 - 04/23/05 01:10 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Blue does NOT equal more potent...

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag