Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Hm....
    #4087494 - 04/23/05 04:17 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Not sure what this is, I'm POSITIVE that no one will know exactly what i'm talking about, mainly b/c i have no pics....but maybe someone will have a link of something that looks like it...:shrug:

Well, I made some compost ustilizing veggie scraps, straw and other stuff from the kitchen...It's been composting for about a month now, nice and decomposed but not  ready yet for me to use, still kinda stinks lol...

Me and a foaf got some c/poo and were going to use it. I mixed up some in my compost....I also threw in some h/poo the next day (i know a farmer er two :wink: ) ...

I inspected the patties and didnt really see any myc. networking in the patties, I didn't check all but saw nothing...

Anyways, 2 weeks later i see these little pin head and some half grown mushies....here's what they look like now...

Caps - Grey-ish to black-ish and older/mature ones Veil out like pedals on a flower...When crushed they are black...They make a tiny spore print which is black as well...

Stems - This made me laugh. The stems are thin as fishing string and are translucent, and when you pick them and try to hold them between ur fingers, they limp in those places...Very fragile stems...

Bruising - Doesn't really bruise, stems are to thin to be hallow so they don't bruise, they just get crushed like stems on a flower...

I thought that they might be some type of weed or something....but when you crush them they smell just like mushies, plus they leave spore prints :wink:

If you guys want/need more info. then let me now, i'm sure I said everything that needs to be know but might have missed something...

O...and there's also little...i guess you'd say "plug" looking pins on the compost as well, probably just something else, just thought it looked intersting next to these strange mushies...

Thankx guys :thumbup:

-Gnostic

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
Re: Hm.... [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #4088176 - 04/23/05 01:03 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Hm...

Sounds like one of the tiny species of coprinus close to C. ephemeroides.
http://www.grzyby.pl/coprinus-site-Kees-Uljee/species/ephemero.htm

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification