Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Peat, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSweetJimmyBrown
Infidel Zombie
Male

Loc: 'starting north, slowly h...
Casing or fruiting.
    #4086096 - 04/22/05 08:57 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

What criteria would determine the best canditate (brf cakes) for either casing or straight fruiting?

I've got some B+ which are very fast colonizers but not really great looking mycelium and some Koh Samui S.S which are very slow but mycellium is very rhizomorphic, and the best- Cambodians which are both very fast (70% colonization in about 6 days) as well as perfect rhizomorphic mycellium.

Which fruiting technique would these types of mycellium thrive best on?

Thanks for any opinions in advance.

P.S
Koh Samui SS sucks ass right now. Their cakes too slooooow and my honey water contamed! The only jar in a BIG round of innoculations... contam resistant my ass! :shocked: I had the highest hopes for this strain  :frown:

--------------------
Ille dolet vere, qui sine teste dolet.
I'm as calm as a fruit stand in New york and maybe as strange.
Simple Grain Recipe

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: Casing or fruiting. [Re: SweetJimmyBrown]
    #4086123 - 04/22/05 09:04 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

go with casing, casing is all around better, but if u want the best results spawn those cakes to bulk substrates and then case them

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

InvisibleNeedMoreSleep
OCD = 100%Sterility :-)

Loc: One Inch ↑
Re: Casing or fruiting. [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4086242 - 04/22/05 09:50 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

lordoftheshroomz said:
go with casing, casing is all around better, but if u want the best results spawn those cakes to bulk substrates and then case them

--------------------

"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil,
which we must fear most. And that is... the indifference of good men."
-Boondock Saints

Offlinestarseed1066
officially hosed

Loc: close enough to get mysel...
    #4086266 - 04/22/05 09:59 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

SweetJimmyBrown said:P.S
Koh Samui SS sucks ass right now. Their cakes too slooooow and my honey water contamed! The only jar in a BIG round of innoculations... contam resistant my ass! :shocked: I had the highest hopes for this strain  :frown:

you know i used KSSS for my first strain, and other than where i screwed up, i've been very happy with it.

it fully colonized 12oz cups in ~25 days, its fruiting decently, and i i've foudn it to be super contam resistant...i had a cake i thought was contaminated, so i threw it in a bag of chips, then threw that in the trash. 4 days later i dug it out, found no contam growth (the mycellium blued a bit is all, i confused that with mold haha), cased it, and now its fruiting :P

--------------------
Under his instruction, I taped drumsticks to his head and turned him into a sort of mummy, or perhaps a caterpiller in a cocoon. He remains this way for about three hours, making bizarre noises, pretending to be a new species that must learn to walk and talk and eat, etc. And he communicates with other life forms by way of the antennae on his head. Eventually we jam a tube from a waterbong into it's mouth and figure he's learned all he needs to know.

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
Re: Casing or fruiting. [Re: starseed1066]
    #4086300 - 04/22/05 10:08 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

starseed1066 said:
Quote:

SweetJimmyBrown said:P.S

you know i used KSSS for my first strain, and other than where i screwed up, i've been very happy with it.

it fully colonized 12oz cups in ~25 days, its fruiting decently, and i i've foudn it to be super contam resistant...i had a cake i thought was contaminated, so i threw it in a bag of chips, then threw that in the trash. 4 days later i dug it out, found no contam growth (the mycellium blued a bit is all, i confused that with mold haha), cased it, and now its fruiting :P

Wow that is amazing 4 days in the trash without contams???  Watch out man some are very hard to find.  Any bad smells comming from that particular one?

--------------------
yawn...
SG

Offlinefrock
Re: Casing or fruiting. [Re: Stonerguy]
    #4086363 - 04/22/05 10:25 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I have found that a proper dunk and roll for BRF cakes will produce as much if not more mushies than when you break up and case the cakes. If properly done First flush one can get about 2 dry oz. from 12 cakes. Then another dunk for second and third flushes.

Although some may disagree with me, but it works better for me this way.
Cassing cakes is a good way to save some space though.

InvisibleSweetJimmyBrown
Infidel Zombie
Male

Loc: 'starting north, slowly h...
Re: Casing or fruiting. [Re: frock]
    #4087858 - 04/23/05 10:03 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I'm going to case some and just fruit some in my chamber I was just curious which would benefit best from which process. I'm just about all out of peat and verm so I'm casing into pie tins/ pot pie tins with only a few of my cakes.

Would casing an inferior mycelia raise yeild or have more positive results than throwing it into the elements of my pod? Or would the brighter, rhizomorphic mycelia fare better in a casing?

--------------------
Ille dolet vere, qui sine teste dolet.
I'm as calm as a fruit stand in New york and maybe as strange.
Simple Grain Recipe

InvisibleRoadkill
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Snoqualmie, Wa.
Trusted Cultivator
    #4087864 - 04/23/05 10:11 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Would casing an inferior mycelia raise yeild or have more positive results than throwing it into the elements of my pod? Or would the brighter, rhizomorphic mycelia fare better in a casing?

the brighter, rhizomorphic mycelium on everything...is better.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflinePhotoguy
Drunk andJobless

Loc: Drunk in Texas
Re: Casing or fruiting. [Re: frock]
    #4087954 - 04/23/05 11:19 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

frock said:
I have found that a proper dunk and roll for BRF cakes will produce as much if not more mushies than when you break up and case the cakes.  If properly done First flush one can get about 2 dry oz. from 12 cakes.  Then another dunk for second and third flushes.

I agree with that to some degree. Always dunk and roll, but you can get 2 oz from 5 cakes.  :crazy2: :eek: :grin:

But from what most everyone says on this site, no matter what, a properly done casing will yield much more than cakes period.  I have big hopes for my casings, so we shall see my friends.

--------------------
You gotta check yo' self before you wreck yo' self

B, Z, F, Burma, Cambodian, Golden Teacher, Puerto Rico, South American, Costa Rica, African

My name is Ender Wiggen and I will own you soon. Bean is my second in command, he is PC'ing jars right now.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Peat, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation