Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Grateful Dead, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleStarchild
Stranger
Hello...new member here
    #4085022 - 04/22/05 03:01 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Hi everyone...I've been lurking here for a couple of months and finally decided to get an account of my own since there are so many interesting topics being discussed here. Can't wait to get started.

I suppose I'll say a little something about myself. First of all, I'm fairly new to the psychedelic experience. I'm a young male (<20) who has done shrooms once (1.5 grams dry) and LSD once (one good hit of blotter...blank white paper). I took the shrooms in January and the acid in march. That small dose of shrooms didn't do anything for me but I got just a little taste of what tripping was...and ever since my LSD experience, I've been spending most of my time trying to find more, and after a couple months of searching I'm finally close. Anyway, to make a long story short...I freakin' LOVED my 8 hour acid trip, and I regard it as probably the most significant experience of my life. I'm thrilled to be in a community with others who feel similarly and I'm anxious to learn and experience more.

I live in new england and I'm a huge fan of music and movies....I spend a great deal of my "alone-time" listening to music, watching movies or both. Stanley Kubrick is my favorite director (my log-in name is an obvious homage to "2001"), and my favorite kinds of music are 60s-70s psychedelic rock (Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Rush, The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Grateful Dead) and Breakbeat/Dance/House (The Prodigy, The Crystal Method, Orbital, Daft Punk, DJ Tiesto, The Chemical Brothers). I also like Nine inch Nails, Rage against the Machine, David Bowie, Astral Projection.....and many others.

I'm also a big fan of the NFL. My favorite team is the Dallas Cowboys, and I watch football whenever it's on pretty much.

Now that my long-winded introduction is taken care of, I look forward to some great discussions here.  :sun:

--------------------
Be the change that you want to see in the world.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

-Mahatma Gandhi

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: Hello...new member here [Re: Starchild]
    #4085095 - 04/22/05 03:25 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Welcome to the shroomery.

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #4085099 - 04/22/05 03:26 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Haha, don't worry about the long-windedness...it makes for good conversation!

Welcome to the Shroomery, eh :smile:

--------------------
You're here because you know something.
What you know you can't explain,
But you feel it;
You've felt it your entire life.
That there's something wrong with the world.
You don't know what it is, but it's there....
Like a splinter in your mind...
Driving you mad.

InvisibleStarchild
Stranger
Re: Hello...new member here [Re: trendal]
    #4085121 - 04/22/05 03:38 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Thank you both :flowerchild:

--------------------

-Mahatma Gandhi

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #4085130 - 04/22/05 03:41 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Welcome :cool:!

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offline0xYg3n
topdawg
 User Gallery

Re: Hello...new member here [Re: gdman]
    #4085179 - 04/22/05 03:54 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

:mushroom2:

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hello...new member here [Re: 0xYg3n]
    #4085189 - 04/22/05 03:56 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Welcome aboard! Treat the mushroom with respect, and it will teach you many things.

Just in my opinion, stay away from the LSD and stick to the mushrooms...

Edited by myndreach (04/22/05 03:57 PM)

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hello...new member here [Re: myndreach]
    #4085205 - 04/22/05 04:01 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Lol, don't listen to this ^ guy!

There's really no reason to take one psychedelic above another aside form PERSONAL taste.

Me, I like LSD better than mushrooms. Though the two are quite close in the end game :wink:

--------------------
But you feel it;
Driving you mad.

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
    #4085218 - 04/22/05 04:05 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Glad to see you here in the Shroomerite community.

The goddess graces us with the presence of the lucy, so treat her abductions with respect :smile:.  Don't look to hard for the L, considering it does and will fall right into your lap at the exact given time needed.

The mushies, I know all about it.  When I was younger, around 15, i tried mushies for the first time.  Fieldies, considering i was living in Florida at the time, and they were growing psillies right across the street, hehe.  Well the first time i ate them, i also didnt get off.  It might take a couple times of drinkin a cup or so of the potent yummyness, or maybe you just weren't ready.  :smile:

IMO, and from personal experience, mushies are more intense than the L.  Definitely two quite different experiences.

Have you experiemented with Salvia D yet?  that's where the goddess first came to me :smile:

Ok enough babbling from me, let me here some more about CHOOOO!  haha

namsate
-Ares

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hello...new member here [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #4085228 - 04/22/05 04:08 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Have you experiemented with Salvia D yet? that's where the goddess first came to me

She came to me, too. Right before she kicked my ass, turned me inside out, and spat me cowering back onto the shores of egoism :smirk:

--------------------
But you feel it;
Driving you mad.

InvisibleStarchild
Stranger
    #4085273 - 04/22/05 04:19 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I actually have tried Salvia a few times because a lot of my friends are into it. Only problem is I haven't tripped off it yet because A) I never smoked it out of a bong and B) none of us knew at the time that you're supposed to keep the flame on it the whole time you hit it! So all I got was that weird gravity pull feeling and general weirdness for about half an hour.

As far as shrooms vs. Acid...I understand that there is a surprising amount of separation on this board about which is "better". I approach everything with an open mind and all I know is that I had a very small dose of mushrooms which is the only reason I didn't have a strong trip...I have no doubt that with say, an 1/8, the trip would be plenty strong (and that's something I'll do fairly soon, I hope).

The one true difference between the two, in my limited experience, is that acid kind of has that stimulant effect that energizes you for the trip while the shrooms don't affect your energy as much...although it could have just been the circumstances I was in.

Anyway thanks again for the kind greetings  :smile:

--------------------

-Mahatma Gandhi

Love is like a train...
Female

#4085293 - 04/22/05 04:23 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
Have you experiemented with Salvia D yet? that's where the goddess first came to me

She came to me, too. Right before she kicked my ass, turned me inside out, and spat me cowering back onto the shores of egoism :smirk:

Bwahahahahaha!  i was gonna leave that part out, just in case he hadnt experienced it yet.  LOL.  I know whatcha mean though.  Her and i have played tugofwar with egotism too many times to digest.  Its all a learning experience, of course.  i can only play those games once or twice a year, if that.

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Love is like a train...
Female

#4085314 - 04/22/05 04:26 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

yeah, in my more experienced days, I used salvia for meditational purposes only.  normally alone, because anyone else being there would freak me out, or bring me back, when i was still entering into the divided universe of....(you imagination here)...

yeah, cid always kinda gave me an energetic feeling as well.  or it just could be that shroomies made me feel a little sick to the stommy, and a little drowsey...

its all opinion. :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblesucklesworth
Lick me where Ipee
Loc: If I was up yer ass you'd...
    #4085320 - 04/22/05 04:28 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

:sun: shine on

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hello...new member here [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #4085326 - 04/22/05 04:31 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

XOIIAresIIOX said:
Bwahahahahaha! i was gonna leave that part out, just in case he hadnt experienced it yet. LOL. I know whatcha mean though. Her and i have played tugofwar with egotism too many times to digest. Its all a learning experience, of course. i can only play those games once or twice a year, if that.

Lol, oh yeah! I tend to use salvia in binges over the span of a couple weeks. Then I go a year or more without doing any again.

The stuff DOES have its uses, I know that much.

--------------------
But you feel it;
Driving you mad.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Grateful Dead, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Salvia

Community >> The Pub