Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCody1P-LSD
Spacetime Anomaly
Male

Loc: Midwest, USA Flag
I never knew how far the line of reality could be bent.
    #4084578 - 04/22/05 12:49 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

This post won't be long as i'm still mentally drained.  Last night I ingested 2-2.5g of cubes with a buddy.  Fate smiled on us and some just fell into our hands.  Anyway, last night was the first time I have done shrooms.  I thought I could prepare myself before this...from reading the shroomery and preparing myself mentally.  You can't.  The first 2/3rds of the trip was amazing,  watching the walls breathing and flow and the amazing CEV's.  At one point I tried to stand up and it felt like I had concrete shoes and was pulled into the floor. 

The last part of the trip some would call a bad trip...but I would call it the best learning experience of my life.  Even though for that last part of the trip I felt completely insane from the thoughts going through my head...from what I make of it I experienced complete and utter ego death.  At the time I wanted it to stop, but looking back on it, it really put my mind into perspective.

Thank's for listening, if this is in the wrong forum I'm sorry.  :smile:

--------------------
Live, Laugh, Love and...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
Re: I never knew how far the line of reality could be bent. [Re: Cody1P-LSD]
    #4084697 - 04/22/05 01:24 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

When you feel your ego starting to float off dont fight it.  I start usually havign rough times when i try and fight it.  Just let your mind and body go.

Psychadelics truly are amazing stuff eh :smile:?

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #4084866 - 04/22/05 02:01 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Dont worry, the line of reality can be bent MUCH further

:wink:

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I never knew how far the line of reality could be bent. [Re: Help on the Way]
    #4084947 - 04/22/05 02:33 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Welcome to the community!

Yeah...the great thing about shrooms is that they are teachers. Wherease on LSD or other hallucinogens, in my experience, you can have a pointless bad trip, usually on mushrooms you learn quite a bit.

Don't fight ego loss...that is the #1 causer of bad trips. Let the mushrooms take you away to where you need to go.

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: I never knew how far the line of reality could be bent. [Re: Help on the Way]
    #4085709 - 04/22/05 06:39 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Slipknot420 said:
Dont worry, the line of reality can be bent MUCH further

:wink:

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
Re: I never knew how far the line of reality could be bent. [Re: Ginseng1]
    #4085936 - 04/22/05 07:59 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

its good to see people taking a responsible approach to mushrooms :smile:

Offlinethe_psychonaut
psychonaut
 User Gallery
Re: I never knew how far the line of reality could be bent. [Re: Rebirtha]
    #4086280 - 04/22/05 10:04 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

alright, i know that mush effects everybody in different ways, but i still fail to see how 2.5 grams of cubes can cause ego loss. ive eatin plenty of mush, and havent even come close to ego loss on 3.5 grams, letalone a gram less than that. i think u were probably just in a bad setting, and that is what caused your bad trip, not ego loss

--------------------
never be afraid to let your mind explore, just know what you are getting into b4 you jump in the deep end, and do your research on this site and erowid.com

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I never knew how far the line of reality could be bent. [Re: the_psychonaut]
    #4086338 - 04/22/05 10:18 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

the_psychonaut said:
alright, i know that mush effects everybody in different ways, but i still fail to see how 2.5 grams of cubes can cause ego loss. ive eatin plenty of mush, and havent even come close to ego loss on 3.5 grams, letalone a gram less than that. i think u were probably just in a bad setting, and that is what caused your bad trip, not ego loss

Of the many times I've eaten mushrooms, the two most intense ego-destroying trips were on 2-2.5 grams.

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Re: I never knew how far the line of reality could be bent. [Re: myndreach]
    #4086394 - 04/22/05 10:33 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I second that. Low doses of quality cubes can be an inspiring experience.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

OfflineCody1P-LSD
Spacetime Anomaly
Male

Loc: Midwest, USA Flag
Re: I never knew how far the line of reality could be bent. [Re: Holydiver]
    #4086506 - 04/22/05 11:08 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

The visual aspect was incredible. The 2 things I'll always remember about that trip were when I first started to see things breath.    Specifically was a black light poster my friend painted in psychedelic colors that had a bible verse on it, with two decorative bow's ebbing and flowing, and a leopard print couch that had the spots crawling around.

One thing that bothered me though was when two friends stopped by and asked me if I was seeing "cool things".  I was tripping of course and all I could think of was how pathetic these people were who were only interesting in seeing things when I was in the middle of the most introspective battle of my life.

Also, I have had a decent headache all day today.  Should I be concerned haha :smile:

--------------------
Live, Laugh, Love and...

Offlinethe_psychonaut
psychonaut
 User Gallery
    #4086996 - 04/23/05 01:21 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

i wasnt saying it was impossible, what i ment was i just dont think it was full ego loss, as it would have been if he had eaten even 3.5+

--------------------
never be afraid to let your mind explore, just know what you are getting into b4 you jump in the deep end, and do your research on this site and erowid.com

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#4087021 - 04/23/05 01:29 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Don't worry about the headache. Just drink plenty of water and enjoy the afterglow

And I agree with psychonaut. I find it unlikely that one would experience complete ego loss on a low dose during their first trip.
Did he experience some level of ego loss? Of course, he's tripping :smile:
But there are levels of ego loss he cannot even fathom after only 2-2.5g dose.

--------------------

Offlinethe_psychonaut
psychonaut
 User Gallery
Re: I never knew how far the line of reality could be bent. [Re: jux]
    #4087037 - 04/23/05 01:34 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

finally someone understands what im saying, jux just said it much better than i did

--------------------

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: I never knew how far the line of reality could be bent. [Re: the_psychonaut]
    #4088128 - 04/23/05 12:38 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I call that ego death.
And what makes you all qualified to tell him he didn't reach the same ego loss as most? Did you do a chemical analysis on his shrooms?
He could have gotten a dose of psilocybin in the 20-30 mg range.
He could have gotten a dose in the 5-10 mg range, too.
What I am saying is that the shrooms are incredibly variable, each one is different with a different amount of alkaloids in them.
For this reason alone, I try not to debunk experiences based on weight ingested.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineGrovesk8ter
honestyopenmindednesswillingness
 User Gallery

Loc: Langley, B.C
Re: I never knew how far the line of reality could be bent. [Re: mecreateme]
    #4088270 - 04/23/05 01:50 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Sounds like you had an amazing time.
The first experience on mushrooms always blows everyone away and i'm sure you will never forget your first time.
Congrats on being introduced to the world of expanded consciousness.
If you desire it, and if you keep trying and learning, there is so much more to be discovered and experienced.

My most intense trip was my quarter oz trip... Ill post a link and you can read it if you like. I had no idea what i was in store for.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...t=1#Post3964081

--------------------
"Much madness is divinest sense"
Dickinson, Emily

Edited by Grovesk8ter (04/23/05 01:51 PM)

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

Re: I never knew how far the line of reality could be bent. [Re: mecreateme]
    #4088764 - 04/23/05 04:44 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mecreateme said:
I call that ego death.
And what makes you all qualified to tell him he didn't reach the same ego loss as most? Did you do a chemical analysis on his shrooms?
He could have gotten a dose of psilocybin in the 20-30 mg range.
He could have gotten a dose in the 5-10 mg range, too.
What I am saying is that the shrooms are incredibly variable, each one is different with a different amount of alkaloids in them.
For this reason alone, I try not to debunk experiences based on weight ingested.

Note that never once did I say he didn't achieve ego loss. What I said is that it is highly unlikely.
Anyway, there is evidence to suggest the dose was not extremely high. He talked about the the normal OEV one would expect from a 10-15 mg dose, as well as CEV. At the 20-30 mg dose, the intensity is far greater and there is little distinction between OEV and CEV as one loses contact with reality.

What I believe happened is that the original poster is confused as to just what ego loss is. He talked aobut the racing mind, self examination sort of trip. I had a similiar first trip myself. But this was not ego loss. Ego loss is the complete loss of self. The mind racing examination is not complete ego loss, as too much of the ego remains intact at this point.

AHHHH!!! POST 9-11!! MY 911TH POST THE APOCOLYPSE DRAWS NEAR!@

--------------------

Offlinethe_psychonaut
psychonaut
 User Gallery
    #4088824 - 04/23/05 05:03 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

hahaha .. nicely said again jux

--------------------

OfflineKodath
strangerThan

Re: I never knew how far the line of reality could be bent. [Re: myndreach]
    #4089362 - 04/23/05 08:14 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

myndreach said:
Quote:

the_psychonaut said:

Of the many times I've eaten mushrooms, the two most intense ego-destroying trips were on 2-2.5 grams.

Agreed. I had 2.5 grams yesterday on my trip into nature, and after smoking a bowl at the peak I was blasted into a totally new reality of fractal time-skipping nature music madness. The strange thing is both times that I've done more than 2.5 grams I'd never reached this level of tripping.

I don't know if I'd call it ego loss, but it was more intense than any of my previous trips.

--------------------

Life: Main event at the MGM Grand. Murphy's fighting Occam, and you're in the stands.

Edited by Kodath (04/23/05 08:15 PM)

Offlinethe_psychonaut
psychonaut
 User Gallery
Re: I never knew how far the line of reality could be bent. [Re: Kodath]
    #4090130 - 04/24/05 12:34 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

the potency of mush varies from specimen to specimen. that being said, those times that you ate more than 2.5, how do u know that those just werent weak mushrooms?, as opposed to the ones u ate recently that blasted u into a different world?

--------------------

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #4091282 - 04/24/05 12:54 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Lets not drag this into a debate on what ego loss and death are.
I thought you would have more sense than that, Jux. Oh well, if you just wanna piss away this post, then go ahead.

I have much I would like to say on it, but there is no way to effectively communicate over the internet like this, because we will just bicker back and forth about a single stupid word, or words left out, or whatever.

"normal OEV one would expect from a 10-15 mg dose, as well as CEV. At the 20-30 mg dose"
Its nice to know we have such and expert here on the visual aspect of tripping and dosages that go along with it. :rolleyes:

I would think people in the psychedelic "know" would understand the variability of the experience. Dosage is only a small part. IMO it is the dose that is important, not the amount of it.

Its called tripping quite a number of times, psychonaut. And the more you trip, the more you will behold the power of the mushrooms. Which is much greater than credit that is given to them by people that claim it is highly unlikely that someone achieved ego loss on a lower amount. :crazy2:

Edited by mecreateme (04/24/05 01:01 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience