Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
swiming throughacedia

There have always been questions
    #4084555 - 04/22/05 12:37 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

But this post has absolutely nothing to do with questions. Just a glimmer of feeling.

There it is, always around us, yet, it is so easy to ignore in the way that it's tasteless and invisible. In fact, only a muse could tell me otherwise. Perhaps one did, but for me, this muse was projected as rain.

You see, it was raining, yesterday, and it was cold and windy. A situation where people huddled for warmth underneath their jackets, with umbrellas and hoods to protect them from the life-giving water. People so uncomfortable because their bodies were screaming to be inside. Screaming to be complacent with sedentary actions, as long as they were comfortable.

I felt blessed. I had told my body very early on, at the start of the day, that I didn't give a shit what it thought. It would not have the chance to be comfortable, today, and when it came time to prove this, instead of fighting the cold, the rain, and the wind with synthetic materials, I let the rain hit me. I let the water roll down my cheeks, and smack me in the face, and I smiled. I felt alive. I could hear all of the plants around me screaming. Not out of agony or dissatisfaction, but out of pure pleasure. Plants just want to live, and they were drinking their drink, that day. They knew that their ultimate goal of life would continue on, and they were joyous. I heard them scream, and I smiled.

All of this was going on around these other people. All of these other people were huddled for warmth, fighting off the inevitable system that keeps them alive. They heard the screams too, I'm sure, but it was misinterpreted by their sheer uptightedness. Sure, our skin is somewhat permeable, but you will not drowned.

I whistled through the rain. Sure, I may have been cold. Sure, I may have been wet, but you know what? Here I am today, just as happy as I was yesterday, because I allowed things to flow. I allowed things to be as they were without fighting. Without struggling against the current that creates my existence. It wasn't a novel thing. Hell, it wasn't important at all. I would give it all up to be a pretty plant. To strive for life. Underlying it all, a plant that just wants to think of science; a plant that wants to think of music.

It is, and it always will be. I can't help but think of that strong desire to move forward. To become part of something more. You were there with me. I could tell.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub