Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Sporeprinting questions
    #408413 - 09/29/01 04:17 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

What would you say is better? Tin foil, wax paper or an index card.
If we want to make some slick-looking sporeprints would playing cards work?
Would oven sterilization or alcohol rubdown be better?
What is the best way to fold up a print after it has been taken?
Would placing a little bit of dessicant in the sporeprint chamber be a good idea?
Would placing either alcohol or h202 on the cap of a mushroom be a good idea?
Would fruiting mushrooms to be sporeprinted in a seperate chamber be a good idea?
Do the spores have to sit on the paper for any amount of time before you can make a spore syringe?
How long are sporeprints good for? What are good long term strain storage idea?

Thank you for your replies!

Edited by phrozendata on 09/29/01 05:18 PM.

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFungusFarmer
old hand

Re: Sporeprinting questions [Re: phrozendata]
    #408429 - 09/29/01 04:47 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

IN RESPONSE TO: What would you say is better? Tin foil, wax paper or an index card. If we want to make some slick-looking sporeprints would playing cards work?
====
I prefer wax paper, although tin foil is just as good. Stuff that is slick is very easy to scrape spores off without poking a hole in the print. Playing cards would be cool, but you got ink and other stuff in there could cause problems though I highly doubt it. Try it out and see

IN RESPONSE TO: Would placing a little bit of dessicant in the sporeprint chamber be a good idea? How long are sporeprints good for? What are good long term strain storage idea?
===

Yes, if you're planning on long term storage. I read someplace you can take a film canister, put some dessicant in the bottom, put a cotton ball on top of that, then stick the print in there. This way they can last at least a year, although over time they become less viable. Otherwise, fold it in half and stick it in a ziplock to be used within 6 mos or so.

IN RESPONSE TO: Would placing either alcohol or h202 on the cap of a mushroom be a good idea?
===

Alcohol, definitley not. It would dry the cap out and ruin it. H202 might help, but I'm pretty sure it would kill the spores almost as easily. You could probably use h202 on top of the cap, but it wouldn't matter much as the space between the gills and the foil/wax/paper is where you're trying to be sterile.

IN RESPONSE TO: Would fruiting mushrooms to be sporeprinted in a seperate chamber be a good idea?
===

Unless you had some super sterile box you wanted to keep them in, you don't have to. The veil keeps the gills sterile until it's time to sporulate anways, so it'd just be overkill unless you have a dirty terrarium with bugs or something (like mine did recently.)

IN RESPONSE TO: Do the spores have to sit on the paper for any amount of time before you can make a spore syringe?

==
No, but the spores need to sit in the syrnge for 24 hours or so to let them get rehydrated.

Sorry I didn't use markup to make this clearer, I'm just lazy today :)

Grover

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"What did you dream...it's all right we told you what to dream! Welcome, my son, to The Machine" Roger Waters, Pink Floyd

--------------------
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- "What did you dream...it's all right we told you what to dream! Welcome, my son, to The Machine" Roger Waters, Pink Floyd

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
    #408431 - 09/29/01 04:49 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I'm also going to throw in some honey water tek. questions I have.

Will it do ok at 72 degrees (normal house tempurature)?
After I see colonization can I suck up some in a syringe and inject into test jars, wait untill I see uncontaminated growth and then inject into more jars? Would it be likely that a uncontaminated jar of solution could contaminate BRF/Verm substrate if it was the honey water and not anything else. How long will it last for at 72 degrees?

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

#408472 - 09/29/01 05:55 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

WE SHIP TO CANADA FROM WITHIN CANADA :smile:

For your safety and security, we have a Secure Website.
Also for your security, we will not take your credit card number.
Your security and safety is of utmost importance to us.

Invisibleoscill8
*bondage fairy*
Re: Sporeprinting questions *DELETED* [Re: phrozendata]
    #408537 - 09/29/01 07:26 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

photo paper could be a choice as well

--------------------
? oscill8 2001, 2002
"Any data submitted to Shroomery.org becomes our property"

Edited by oscill8 (11/16/01 02:12 AM)

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

Re: Sporeprinting questions [Re: oscill8]
    #408549 - 09/29/01 07:50 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

WE SHIP TO CANADA FROM WITHIN CANADA :smile:

For your safety and security, we have a Secure Website.
Also for your security, we will not take your credit card number.
Your security and safety is of utmost importance to us.

Anonymous

#409054 - 09/30/01 08:31 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I find tin foil works best. Oven sterilization works fine.
Just fold the sides over when finished.

If you are making syringes from fresh spores, they do not have to sit in the syringe rehydrating.

yadda, yadda, yadda....

Take a trip to the Spore Lab @:
http://www.SporeLab.com
email: getspores@sporelab.com

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom