Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemeehi
Being
 User Gallery

dodgy pressure cooker????
    #4083972 - 04/22/05 06:46 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Some one gave me what they call a "pressure cooker" looks a little strange to me, just wondering if anyone here would have any idea how to use it... don't have a pic so I'll do my best to explain. It's a big silver pot which screws shut... on the top is labeled various different things you may want to cook and a estimated time for cooking them... example beef 23 min stuff like that, no where does it say the actual pressure. In the middle of the pot lid is a black nob which has thick pin type thing in the middle, There is tension on the pin when you pull it up. Also when you pull it up you can see two red rings (like some sort of indicator marks) the two marks are spaced at different heights on the pin... Yea that's about it. So how the hell do you use this thing??? Any ideas?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: dodgy pressure cooker???? [Re: meehi]
    #4083990 - 04/22/05 07:07 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

LOl...No Idea, but i know who to ask

Pm Agar....He'll defiently be able to help you out in terms of what brand ect ect...

Sounds like one b/c of the times.....but i really don't know How the fuck u'd use that lol

Drop him a line and drop him some :mushrooms: (rating) while ur at it, He's always there to help out :thumbup:

Gl man

-Gnostic

Offlinemeehi
Being
 User Gallery

Re: dodgy pressure cooker???? [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #4084000 - 04/22/05 07:17 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks a lot, I usually don't like to bother the "big fish", yourself included :bow: but I'll make an exception :smile: Thanks again!  :thanx:

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#4084009 - 04/22/05 07:30 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Lol, You've got Pm's :smirk:

-Gnostic

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #4084279 - 04/22/05 10:50 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

A PICTURE would SURE HELP. So would a BRAND NAME?

Does it have an "0" ring type rubber seal in the lid?

Is it built of stainless steel, or aluminum?

Is there any date on it?

Is there a rubber type POP OFF inserted in the lid (meaning a plug that will blow out, if it is OVER PRESSURED)?

Sounds like the knob spring thing on the lid is a pressure retention device & vent, used instead of a wiggle type weight. The two (2) red marks are probably pressure indicators.

The first being ten (10) lbs, the second being either 12 or 15 lbs.

Pour an inch of water in it, add the lid, put it on the stove at medium heat & see what it does. I assume (if the lid seal is good), that it will build pressure.

Once it has some pressure built, I would assume the PIN in the lid will raise up (pushed by internal pressure). DO NOT ALLOW IT TO PASS THE SECOND MARK, for safety sake.

A WORD OF ADVISE. OLD PC's without operating instructions can be VERY DANGERIOUS, if OVER PRESSURED. Always keep that in mind.

--------------------

Offlinemeehi
Being
 User Gallery

Re: dodgy pressure cooker???? [Re: agar]
    #4084431 - 04/22/05 11:35 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

hey agar, yea it's got the O type rubber seal... Unfortunately the rubber looks a little cracked in one spot... It's steel can't see a date. I'll give it a wirl and make sure it doesn't go past the red mark. :smile:

Invisiblexamginex
Stranger

Loc: Left side of USA
    #4084457 - 04/22/05 11:49 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I've seen those before, the pin with the red lines should be the pressure indicator. I don't know what pressure the line graduations represent though. I had an older one similar to this but was way too small so now I've got an All American with no seal to worry about and holds 7 quart jars. I would also look into replacing the seal if its cracked. The old one I had was all gummed up and I had to dig it out, but I was able to find a replacement. A brand or model number of yours should aid in finding the correct information.

--------------------
-ALL POSTS ARE FICTITIOUS CREATIONS OF MY OVERACTIVE IMAGINATION AND IMAGINARY DIGITAL CAMERA-

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation