Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinedidjin_d
mmm....
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Dumpster Dining; FREE food for ALL to enjoy!!!!
    #4083222 - 04/21/05 10:29 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I just got back from the grocery store. Actually, behind the grocery store. The dumpsters were plentifull this fine April evening. I came home with an array of vegetables, a bag of cookies, a variety of bagels, and a nice loaf of sunflower seed bread. And it was all straight out of the DUMPSTERS!!!!!  :cool:

I can't believe all the great shit they just throw away!!!! How completely wastefull!!!!

Oh well, it keeps me and many others well-fed :thumbup:!!!!

--------------------
" learning how to cook will save you money, usually make you healthier, and occasionally get you laid. "
-Shags420

"Most of the people who ask the question 'Do any psilocybin mushrooms grow around here?' would rather change their way of looking at reality rather than face the difficult and discouraging task of transforming reality itself"
-David Aurora, Mushrooms Demystified

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinechemistry
One.
 User Gallery

Re: Dumpster Dining; FREE food for ALL to enjoy!!!! [Re: didjin_d]
    #4083225 - 04/21/05 10:30 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

none of it is expired?

--------------------
c h e m i s t r y

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery
Loc: Buckeye
Re: Dumpster Dining; FREE food for ALL to enjoy!!!! [Re: chemistry]
    #4083227 - 04/21/05 10:31 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

expired doesnt mean went bad.

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

Offlinedidjin_d
mmm....
 User Gallery

#4083232 - 04/21/05 10:32 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

chemistry said:
none of it is expired?

None of what i take is "expired", but what is your definition of expired?

--------------------
" learning how to cook will save you money, usually make you healthier, and occasionally get you laid. "
-Shags420

"Most of the people who ask the question 'Do any psilocybin mushrooms grow around here?' would rather change their way of looking at reality rather than face the difficult and discouraging task of transforming reality itself"

Offlinedidjin_d
mmm....
 User Gallery

#4083238 - 04/21/05 10:34 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Has anyone else gone dumpstering for food?

--------------------
-Shags420

Offlinechemistry
One.
 User Gallery

#4083242 - 04/21/05 10:36 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i mean bad, does it taste like its old and perspired.

--------------------
c h e m i s t r y

OfflineMeatSpace
Waxer of unicorn butthole
 User Gallery

Loc: Deep inside your ass
    #4083258 - 04/21/05 10:41 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

:puke:

--------------------
:crankey:
/    l    \__:thumbup: ... Hi, I'm Crankey, and I approve this message.

Offlinedidjin_d
mmm....
 User Gallery

#4083263 - 04/21/05 10:43 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

No. It tastes just great. There certainly is some food in the dumosters that is no good, but you simply take what is still in good shape, and there's usually plenty of that. I'm continually amazed at the things they throw out. One night we were out there when the employees came and with another load that had atleast 30 avacodoes in, most of which were in prime condition.

--------------------
-Shags420

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #4083273 - 04/21/05 10:46 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

When I worked in a grocery store, food was thrown out after 3 days. Tons of bagels, cakes, bread, etc. all in perfectly fine condition and in their bags and shit. If I was strapped for cash I'd be rooting around for free 3 day old cookies.

Man's gotta eat.

Offlinedidjin_d
mmm....
 User Gallery

Re: Dumpster Dining; FREE food for ALL to enjoy!!!! [Re: Adden]
    #4083284 - 04/21/05 10:48 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Thank you for thesupport S2, I'm kinda surprised I'm the only one here who's done this.

I was skeptical when my roomate first told me about it, but I checked it out, and now I can say that I honestly eat healthier than I did before! Junk food is cheap, fruits and veggies are not!

--------------------
-Shags420

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
    #4083312 - 04/21/05 10:58 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

It's not like you're picking half eaten sandwiches out of pools of grease and you gotta pick the maggots off. :shrug: A few of my friends did it a couple years ago, smoked with the kids who threw shit away and got tons of free food.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #4083334 - 04/21/05 11:03 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Thats fucked up they just throw that shit away. I do work w/ the hunger task force in the city here, and we have people who go around to all the grocery stores and pick up anything thats still good but that they're throwing away 'cause its old. Produce/Baked shit/meat.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Offlineemptywisdom
simple being oflight
 User Gallery

Loc: Lemuria
    #4083345 - 04/21/05 11:06 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I used to dumpster all the time. Baked goods are the best, muffins and bagles and kookies. sometimes you find good fruit and veggies. It's pretty easy to tell whats good and whats not. and when you're hungry, most of what you find (other than meat and dairy, of course) is going to be good. I used to score brownies out of the 7 11 dumpster alot too.

btw, I was homless with no job. It was'nt just cause I was cheap.

--------------------

Offlinedidjin_d
mmm....
 User Gallery

Re: Dumpster Dining; FREE food for ALL to enjoy!!!! [Re: emptywisdom]
    #4083356 - 04/21/05 11:10 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

The bread dumpsters were packed with goodies tonight!!!!! More cookies than I could handle.

But I never find any dairy or meats...though I might be pretty hesitant about eating meat out of the dumpster.

I'm all about the veggies!!!! fry'm up with some soy sauce or terryaki sauce, make some rice and there you have a damn fine meal!!

--------------------
-Shags420

Offlinedidjin_d
mmm....
 User Gallery

#4083363 - 04/21/05 11:12 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

And personally I don't do this cause I'm cheap, I'm broke, not homeless, but broke. Allthoug I run into a lot of cool people behind the grocery store doin the same thing I am. Instant comraddes

--------------------
-Shags420

Offlineemptywisdom
simple being oflight
 User Gallery

Loc: Lemuria
    #4083375 - 04/21/05 11:15 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

yeah, the only dumpster meat I would touch was the individually wraped breakfast-lunch meals they keep under heatlights at gas stations and throw out in the evenings. They were good If you got them right after they trough them out. You could tell if they were still warm. I knew one market that kept there old doughnuts on racks in a metal box out behind the store, it looked like it was closed up, but you could turn the box from the wall and open it up and get all the doughnuts you want. Not exactley healthy, but I did'nt have a stove to cook any veggies on, either.

--------------------

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Re: Dumpster Dining; FREE food for ALL to enjoy!!!! [Re: emptywisdom]
    #4083389 - 04/21/05 11:17 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

A little bit into the city the semi-famous bakery doesn't throw anything out. If you're down on your luck or in some deep shit you can just ask. They run out pretty quick tho.

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
    #4083394 - 04/21/05 11:19 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

didjin_d said:
Has anyone else gone dumpstering for food?

I used to dumpster dive all of the time! Papa John's is a good diving spot. They put all of the pies that they don't sell in the trash and we come and harvest the still fresh goodies after they close. FreeLaws posted About this around Christmas of last year. Where the hell has she been?

--------------------

:murray:

Offlinedidjin_d
mmm....
 User Gallery

Re: Dumpster Dining; FREE food for ALL to enjoy!!!! [Re: blissedout]
    #4083420 - 04/21/05 11:24 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I swung by Papa John's this evening around 8:00, no luck, but I guess it was a little early, I was about to check the dumpster behind a black angus, but some guy walked out the back door as I was biking up. He didn't look too friendly.

It's awesome how cool the employees at the grocery store act, they couldn't care less as long as we don't make a mess.

--------------------
-Shags420

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
    #4083425 - 04/21/05 11:26 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Well, they're getting paid jack shit and their managers are probably breathing down their necks all day, so why not relieve some stress and help your fellow man?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale