Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
about tool
    #4083260 - 04/21/05 10:42 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

As soon as I started to appreciate tool, they kept growing more and more on me and after 2 years I haven't lost any intrest in them one bit.  Once I actually listened to them their music started to hit me and really make me feel(even making my body numb and vibrate sometimes,, never got that from any other music before)

I don't know what it is about them but to me their music and lyrics come together to mesh the most emetional muci i've ever heard.  I mean they have many songs, that all hit me on a different level.  I find myself getting caught up and  almost in the momenbt of feeling them right inside me sometimes..
They have songs on the darker side and lighter side that both make me cry with different feelings, i can't believe it sometimes.

some might say im one of those wacko tool fans whos found the secret tool decoder ring :wink:  but they really mean somethign too me

I was just wondering for those of you who feel similar what it is about emn that gets to you?

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinechemistry
One.
 User Gallery

Re: about tool [Re: barfightlard]
    #4083268 - 04/21/05 10:44 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

hey man i feel the same way with tool. one day a friend of mine put on lateralus and i fell in love with them. since then they are one of my absolute favorite bands. i can relate to the music and i feel i understand it and they understand me. all the music seems to be based around my personal philosophy and i think its beautiful. the music definitely brings me to another level.

--------------------
c h e m i s t r y

Invisibleroby000
me
Trans-male
Re: about tool *DELETED* [Re: barfightlard]
    #4083270 - 04/21/05 10:45 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by roby000

Reason for deletion: d

Offlinebarfightlard
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: about tool [Re: roby000]
    #4083293 - 04/21/05 10:50 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

They do seem to give off a feeling of somethign extra-ordinary, probably because of how i can connect with them, but i think one of the reasons i connect with them like i do is because of "whatever" it is about them opens somethign else up in me???

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Offlinebarfightlard
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4083294 - 04/21/05 10:51 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

roby000 said:
i think its a movement more of a band and a phylosophy more than music... tool is something bigger than a band. did you hear the bassist is working on hypnosis tecniques with bass rythms for the next album? i cant wait...

really?? intresting that is, have any links

--------------------

Offlinechemistry
One.
 User Gallery

#4083295 - 04/21/05 10:51 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i can go on forever about tool. i was recently at alex greys art gallery in manhattan and i discussed tool with him for a little bit. he mentioned how he worked closely with them on the new dvd and how the album and dvd should be comming out very soon. if you check out the tool website you will see there is a new splash screen with some flash animation and a sneak peak at some beautiful new art.

--------------------
c h e m i s t r y

Offlinechemistry
One.
 User Gallery

Re: about tool [Re: chemistry]
    #4083300 - 04/21/05 10:52 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i agree, i think tool takes music to a level that hasn't really been touched. compared to anything else i have heard atleast.

--------------------
c h e m i s t r y

Invisibleroby000
me
Trans-male
Re: about tool *DELETED* [Re: chemistry]
    #4083335 - 04/21/05 11:04 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by roby000

Reason for deletion: s

Offlinechemistry
One.
 User Gallery

#4083341 - 04/21/05 11:05 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

this is an excellent interview with a philosphy scholar and maynard james keenan. http://www.cdicarlo.com/paper_04maynard.htm

--------------------
c h e m i s t r y

Offlinebarfightlard
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4083398 - 04/21/05 11:19 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

chemistry said:
i agree, i think tool takes music to a level that hasn't really been touched. compared to anything else i have heard atleast.

At least on a personal level thats true with myself. Have some good conversations with Alex Grey(also my favorite artist, though I ahven't been exposed to much there no question the guys work can be describbed fully with the rods in any language;)

btrw I didn't know they had a dvd commin out. any release dates?

oh and chemistry your face is pretty visable in that picture, before you clik on it i mean, just thoguht id let you know.

--------------------

Edited by bellylard (04/21/05 11:24 PM)

Invisibleroby000
me
Trans-male
Re: about tool *DELETED* [Re: chemistry]
    #4083406 - 04/21/05 11:21 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by roby000

Reason for deletion: .

Offlinechemistry
One.
 User Gallery

#4083430 - 04/21/05 11:27 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

yea i could definetly say more on a personal level, because it is only my opinion and i haven't heard everything but i've been a music lover for a long time and i still am but tool totally stands out. it is like a religion to me almost. i can really feel and understand the music more then any other music. as far as the dvd there is no date, i think alex mentioned they were having record company problems again but the dvd will eventually come out because he said its long done and comming out soon. alex is also my favorite artist because i think his art and tools art compliment each other very well. like i said if you go to the tool website and see the new splash screen they put up for the front page i'm sure that means they are getting ready with a new webpage for the release of the new album. i stumbled across that article on accident and i think its one of the best readings i have ever found on tool that will give you more insight to the band and its philosophy. i searched maynard interview on google i think and it was the first thing that came up. and its funny because several months ago i was searching around for info about maynard and found nothing.

--------------------
c h e m i s t r y

Offlinebarfightlard
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4083519 - 04/21/05 11:46 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Man I wanna hear their new work right now...but I don't want em to rush it, damnit its frustrating having to wait this long

I heard the album prolly wont be out till late this year now, unlike the early this year danney reported in 2004. Anyone know?

--------------------

Offlinechemistry
One.
 User Gallery

#4083523 - 04/21/05 11:48 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i don't know man, i think its just best not to think about it or rush it. just distract yourself, theres plenty of other things to enjoy. =)

--------------------
c h e m i s t r y

Offlinebarfightlard
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4083598 - 04/22/05 12:19 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I was exadgerating a bit in my tone I guess, I can definatly wait and it doesn't bother me as long as I get to hear new material in the near future. But what i'm really stoked for is to see them live!!!!

--------------------

Offlinenonoman
ambassador
Male User Gallery

Loc: the wood
    #4085011 - 04/22/05 12:58 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Can't wait for their new disc even though I haven't fully digested the rest of their catalog. Really wanna see 'em live, too.

--------------------

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
Re: about tool [Re: nonoman]
    #4091325 - 04/24/05 11:09 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

who is Tool?

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Offlinegrphish
the Modern dayPacman

Re: about tool [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #4094402 - 04/25/05 08:11 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

tool just sounds like some nu-deep-metal and is just another band
also, its a fucking depressing band to listen to
and an angry/negative one as well
get over it
also, that university professor must be a desperate shit to be interviewing them and not knowing any better

--------------------
BoUnCy BaLL IS All SoUrCe OF LIGhT AnD HaPPiNeSS!!~! *bEEP* *beEP*

Offlinebarfightlard
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: about tool [Re: grphish]
    #4094448 - 04/25/05 08:32 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Don't tell me they are angry and negative just because you can't see the positive in them. And many of their songs come off as angry because not everythign in this existance is happy and full of joy, some of their songs come off that way because thats the feeling off the song. Look at Aenima, that song wouldn'';t be the same if it were sung another way. How could you sing a happy sounding soung about how what we (western civilization mainly) have become, he's fucking pissed about all the bullshit that surrounds him. Theres no reason for him to be happy, unless he was lieing to himself so people who wanted happy music would buy his shit.

Why don't you listen to Lateralus. And really listen to The Patient(might sound sad, but PAY ATTENTION to the lyrics), Parabol, Parabola, Lateralus, and Reflection. I'd give you some other songs too, but I think I'd be wasting my time. Thats because you have this image of tool being angry and negative, when really alot of their work is very positive, but not at first glance. They give me hope for change and better days, even in thier most angy songs, how is that not positive???

Anyone who just hears their music will see them as angry and negative, but once you actually LISTEN they can be so much more. For me at least.

Open your ears, your mind, and your heart next time you listen to them. You might actually find music that has meaning to you!

btw of all the bands you listen to what do they mean to you, what do you get out of their music???

--------------------

Edited by bellylard (04/25/05 08:41 AM)

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

#4094469 - 04/25/05 08:40 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Shpongle and TOOL both releasing new albums this year I believe.  What a treat.  :laugh:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder