Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

LSD and memory
    #4079925 - 04/21/05 01:59 AM (19 years, 14 hours ago)

Hey, I did search for this actually, but didn't see a result. sorry if this has been covered.. i know everyones talked about negative effects of LSD like 500 times a week.
Basically my friend who tripped 3 times on acid was talking to me about it. I asked him how he feels different aftwards. He gave me the usual, accepts life more, looks at things differently, connects with things, but he said his memory is also a lot worse, and that he goes off rambling a lot more often.. and sometimes he just forgets things altogether. That somewhat concerned me, any info on this?
I planned on doing it, but if it has effects on memory, that kind of 'scares' me. (although ill still do it :biggrin: )

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemiiddiesman024
Stranger
Re: LSD and memory [Re: Limelight]
    #4080645 - 04/21/05 09:56 AM (19 years, 6 hours ago)

Is your friend also a pot head?? LOL Because that sounds like being a pothead to me, but anyway i can tell you that out of 3 experiences, and 10 hits, i dont notice anything different. But that is just taking a little dab into the acid world. A few times and you probably wont notice it, it will just be another memory eventually after enoguh time has gone by.

I will say though that acid will have you feeling 'different' way after you come off of it, atleast for a month or so after i stopped doing it.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: LSD and memory [Re: miiddiesman024]
    #4080816 - 04/21/05 10:52 AM (19 years, 5 hours ago)

Is your friend a human being?
We all ramble on and forget things all together from time to time.
The mind is a fickle thing, just when you are looking for that specific word, your mind hides it from you and you forget it.
Yes, acid shakes your perceptions, but is it the cause of your friends rambling and forgetfulness? Who could say? No one could, there is no way to tell either. The best you are gonna get is someone who isn't you telling you their experience with it. I don't think your gonna get an answer cause there is none. We have a hard enough time dealing with the brain, let alone the effects of strange chemicals on it.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: LSD and memory [Re: mecreateme]
    #4080893 - 04/21/05 11:12 AM (19 years, 5 hours ago)

Quote:

mecreateme said:
Is your friend a human being?
We all ramble on and forget things all together from time to time.
The mind is a fickle thing, just when you are looking for that specific word, your mind hides it from you and you forget it.
Yes, acid shakes your perceptions, but is it the cause of your friends rambling and forgetfulness? Who could say? No one could, there is no way to tell either. The best you are gonna get is someone who isn't you telling you their experience with it. I don't think your gonna get an answer cause there is none. We have a hard enough time dealing with the brain, let alone the effects of strange chemicals on it.

That's very true, but perhaps a better way of asking it would be, does the general population of people who take acid feel memory loss right after?

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

OfflineJack_Flash
Male User Gallery

Loc: richmond, BC
    #4081061 - 04/21/05 12:01 PM (19 years, 4 hours ago)

my only bad trip on acid revolved around memory.. well and talking

I couldnt talk to anyone, i couldnt think anything, i was perfectly normal, and at the same time in space. i couldnt talk to my sister, and she knew something was up when.-on the phone-.("when will you be home" "umm... one sec-ask friend- at 6... wait WHAT?? oh 11..." "where are you going "i dont know..-asks friend- "we are going downtown" "so you wont be home for dinner right?" "umm... hmmm... (forget everything) i will be home around 6... wait WHAT? when will we be going home?"-asks friend- so i think anyone with half a brain could tell i was pretty high.. it was so bad i couldnt stand it.. i hung up on her 3 times
lukily it was her and no one else :wink:

yeah that wasnt fun.... bad place(very loud part of vancouver, and i was on a bus) and i just didnt have much fun that trip... acid will dropkick you if you get in a bad situation... just like someone said here a few days ago
"you trip the hardest when your in trouble, and its like that for a reason."
not sure why, just makes sure you get in a lot of shit..

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4081303 - 04/21/05 01:12 PM (19 years, 3 hours ago)

Back years ago, I did LSD frequently. I did it probably 50 times between the ages of 17-19. I smoked some pot during that time, from time to time, but never was a big pot head.

My short term memory is probably the weakest aspect of my mental capacities, which overall are pretty good (mensa, straight A's, etc.).

Sometimes if I don't concentrate enough, I can't even remember a phone number as I walk ten feet across a room to dial it, with no distractions lol. Well, not lol... :rolleyes:

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #4081677 - 04/21/05 03:03 PM (19 years, 1 hour ago)

Psychedelics have improved my memory, esp early childhood memories.

--------------------

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #4081720 - 04/21/05 03:15 PM (19 years, 1 hour ago)

he probably smokes too much weed and/or doesnt get enough sleep

ive done a lot of acid and my memory is damn good

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Offlinelonebuddha
whats it allabout?
Re: LSD and memory [Re: Help on the Way]
    #4081762 - 04/21/05 03:24 PM (19 years, 1 hour ago)

Didn't Timothy Leary say that lsd increases long term memory but shortens short term memory? I think he was making a joke about memory but I don't quite remember.

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: LSD and memory [Re: lonebuddha]
    #4082051 - 04/21/05 04:32 PM (19 years, 12 minutes ago)

Quote:

lonebuddha said:
Didn't Timothy Leary say that lsd increases long term memory but shortens short term memory? I think he was making a joke about memory but I don't quite remember.

LOL!

My long term memory is definately extremely sharp. People are amazed at the things I remember, especially from my childhood. Things before I was even 2.

InvisibleDark_Star
Male User Gallery

Re: LSD and memory [Re: myndreach]
    #4082597 - 04/21/05 07:00 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

myndreach said:

My long term memory is definately extremely sharp. People are amazed at the things I remember, especially from my childhood. Things before I was even 2.

I've been the same way since tripping.

--------------------

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Re: LSD and memory [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4083054 - 04/21/05 09:28 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

yea LSD lets you access all sorts of memories from early development that are normally locked away

lsd is the master key to your brain

--------------------

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

InvisibleDark_Star
Male User Gallery

#4083087 - 04/21/05 09:41 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Slipknot420 said:
lsd is the master key to your brain

Ha! That is the best description of LSD i've ever heard.  :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

#4083112 - 04/21/05 09:49 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

So you literally "see" memories from childhood that you wouldnt otherwise normally be able too? That's so fucking awesome.
Thats one thing I'm interested in.. a lot of times I try to remember all my memories from childhood, but I keep remembering the same ones pretty much. If I concentrate REALLY hard.. i might remember some extra details of those memories, but that's it.

--------------------

InvisibleDark_Star
Male User Gallery

#4083117 - 04/21/05 09:51 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

See? I relive them...fully relive them. Ever since having these experiences I remember many things from my childhood...even as a month or 2 old...things I had forgotten a long time ago.

--------------------

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

#4083130 - 04/21/05 09:59 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Dark_Star said:
See? I relive them...fully relive them. 

exactly

on my highest does i reexperienced prenatal memories
and i was flipping out thinking "HOLY SHIT HOW DID I FORGET THIS"

and i still can't believe i forgot that.....  :confused:

--------------------

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

#4083148 - 04/21/05 10:04 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Limelight said:
a lot of times I try to remember all my memories from childhood, but I keep remembering the same ones pretty much. If I concentrate REALLY hard.. i might remember some extra details of those memories, but that's it.

they are all still there...but the doors are locked and hidden away

--------------------

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

#4083165 - 04/21/05 10:12 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Awesome. :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #4083401 - 04/21/05 11:20 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

If LSD had a profound effect on memory I wouldn't have a mind left at all.

InvisibleDark_Star
Male User Gallery

#4085100 - 04/22/05 01:27 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Slipknot420 said:
exactly

on my highest does i reexperienced prenatal memories
and i was flipping out thinking "HOLY SHIT HOW DID I FORGET THIS"

and i still can't believe i forgot that.....  :confused:

I think I may have as well....it's hard to tell though. I think relived my last death (not what killed me, but the instant of death), anyway, I relived this death, and it moved on to my early childhood from there. The death part was freaky...I went to hell for a little while.  :sinister: :hellfire:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds