Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: Dlagwagon, imprisoned. Needs penpals. Please Read! [Re: looner2]
    #4080245 - 04/21/05 07:40 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

looner2 said:
Out of all the people in prison for drug-related crime, supporting this low-life is of no good, and doesn't speak to highly of the shroomery in general. Just because he was a member doesn't mean his actions should be looked over and we should blindly give him support.

Good than dont write anything and quit adding your ignorant input.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemoosehead
poop deck
 User Gallery

Loc: pnw
Re: Dlagwagon, imprisoned. Needs penpals. Please Read! [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #4080388 - 04/21/05 08:49 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Its not ignorant. Its anouther view point. Thank god every one doesnt see the same picture or this world would suck ass.

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada Flag
Re: Dlagwagon, imprisoned. Needs penpals. Please Read! [Re: moosehead]
    #4080611 - 04/21/05 09:49 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Moosehead is right imo. Looner brings us a totally and radically different refreshing viewpoint as opposed to the way most people see things.He goes against the grain and that is to me, at least, is a a welcome thing. In short: He makes us think. I don't always agree with his point of view but i respect it :smile:

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: Dlagwagon, imprisoned. Needs penpals. Please Read! [Re: Effed]
    #4080997 - 04/21/05 11:38 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

What a horrible story. How can someone selling drugs be responsible for how it's used? 5 years..  :sad: :sad:

Makes me sad.

I don't know him, but I would love a letter from a random shroomerite if I was in prison, so I'll write him.

Effed, can you PM me? I'm from Holland, so it might be better if I sent something to you if his address changes sometimes.

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Dlagwagon, imprisoned. Needs penpals. Please Read! [Re: Annom]
    #4081704 - 04/21/05 03:12 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Whilst I can recline with lots of your comments and opinions looner, sometimes, like your first post in this thread they seem to come off far too harsh. This is a discussion forum after all, and sometimes your posts seem capped off and there's nothing to build off. I like how you don't bend to conformity, but then other times your posts seem pretty dismal, and I'm not one to try sugar coating things either. :lipsrsealed:

5 years is damn outrageous. Chance at all for parole? Because I know after a couple of months of any sort of punishment for the vast majority of people they start to "learn their lesson" so to speak. What does Derek have to learn? That he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Just a random fucking variable that took his life by the nuts and squeezed it dry.

Restorative justice is bullshit. That girls parents just want revenge, it does fucking disgrace to their daughter as their just consumed in their own selfish feelings. It's one thing to feel a loss for their daughter, but directing their negative energy on Derek's just a waste of everything. Thank goodness in Canada we atleast try to fix our problems rather than let people rot for what they've done. Although our system's are quite flawed as well this is a prime example of where reparative justice could pull through and make everyone (everyone in this story's a victim it seems) feel a lot better and at ease.

That girl's gone forever and some kid rotting in jail really can't bring her back. If everyone punishing this kid would pull the proverbial sticks outta their asses they'd see that it's just wrong. Hopefully he doesn't get raped, or come out as a hardened criminal with sour thoughts towards the world. I think I'll have to send a letter to him so this kid doesn't go out of his mind.

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
Re: Dlagwagon, imprisoned. Needs penpals. Please Read! [Re: Vvellum]
    #4082939 - 04/21/05 08:51 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

bi0 said:
I am going to mail him a few books that I love - most of the spiritual topic. Perhaps he can make the most of his difficult sentence and really develop as an positive individual.

Love is the answer.

:thumbup: :heart:

--------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Dlagwagon, imprisoned. Needs penpals. Please Read! [Re: In(di)go]
    #4083017 - 04/21/05 09:15 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

"Love is all you need."

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Dlagwagon, imprisoned. Needs penpals. Please Read! [Re: browndustin]
    #4083131 - 04/21/05 10:00 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Hopefully he doesn't get raped, or come out as a hardened criminal with sour thoughts towards the world.

Wisconsin state prison = very very very easy. Dude, they're laid back there. Hell, you can send him a guitar to play, if its new from the store.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #4083181 - 04/21/05 10:16 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

what a shitty situation.....i dont know the guy at all, but ill send him a letter or two.

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery
Loc: Buckeye
Re: Dlagwagon, imprisoned. Needs penpals. Please Read! [Re: wrestler_az]
    #4083324 - 04/21/05 11:00 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

man, i hope that he will be ok in there. i know he may have been over board on some stuff (from what others wrote who actually knew him well), but why put him in there where really evil people are? he didnt need to go to a place like that.

I feel for the girl, but it was of her own making. if i died cause i did over my limit, i wouldn't blame my buddy who sold it to me, i dont think she would have. id be cursing myself for being stupid. The last thing i would want is my friend going to jail, even if i was dead.

I have done some stupid stuff, but i was always carefull, very carefull. you dont burn the delivery man, you burn yourself when you act irresponsible. I feel bad for the guy, but maybey something out there was waking him up in a messed up way, before he led himself to destruction. when he gets out, he should look at it as a second chance.

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Dlagwagon, imprisoned. Needs penpals. Please Read! [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4083331 - 04/21/05 11:03 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
Quote:

Hopefully he doesn't get raped, or come out as a hardened criminal with sour thoughts towards the world.

Wisconsin state prison = very very very easy. Dude, they're laid back there. Hell, you can send him a guitar to play, if its new from the store.

I have no knowledge of how the prison systems work in the states, which I'm thankful for. What I do know about the states is that lots of them really vary. Still, I just hope he comes out better than worse.

--------------------

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: Dlagwagon, imprisoned. Needs penpals. Please Read! [Re: browndustin]
    #4084392 - 04/22/05 09:23 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

what was he actually charged with? did he go to prison for supposedly "killing" the girl or did he go to prison for distributing a controlled substance? i find it highly unlikely in a situation like this, that he would have gotten away clean if LEOs could prove he had been the one that delivered the controlled substance. i think many of us forgot about that fact, including myself. it's not just the girl's death invovled here, its the fact he distributed a cont. substance which is still illegal. it's a sad situation regardless. i hope he's doing ok.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: Dlagwagon, imprisoned. Needs penpals. Please Read! [Re: SuperD]
    #4084615 - 04/22/05 11:04 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i hvae been trying to get ahold of a friend of his. but it hasnt worked as of yet, i o0nly have his msn name and he isnt replying.
anyone else think that its odd that his username deadlagwagon logged on the other day? the 14th lf last month i think...

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Dlagwagon, imprisoned. Needs penpals. Please Read! [Re: ZippoZ]
    #4084949 - 04/22/05 12:34 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

What's his email address? If it's a hotmail address I could check for you today.

--------------------

InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
    #4085857 - 04/22/05 05:27 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

His PC was seized but deadlagwagon was a nick made after this incident, it was probably his girlfriend.

InvisiblednL
stranger thanstrange

Re: Dlagwagon, imprisoned. Needs penpals. Please Read! [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4089772 - 04/23/05 08:10 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
Quote:

that's one of the dumbest things i've ever read. i don't think any prison, regardless of the state, is "very very very easy" ... you just wreak of ignorance my friend

anyways, i have been meaning to write derek for a while ... i don't know why i haven't. but i was fortunate enough to meet him once and he was one of the coolest and nicest people i've met in a long time. mmmm that blueberry of his was dankalicious

but now that i see other people are in touch with him i think i'll finally get off my ass and mail out a letter to him

we're here for you man. i'll keep you in my prayers

--------------------

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Re: Dlagwagon, imprisoned. Needs penpals. Please Read! [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #4089842 - 04/23/05 08:24 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

mattzdope said:

This kid lost his best friend and winded up in the slammer for 5 years. A family lost their 17 year old daughter. All over this girls own ignorance. I highly doubt this was her first dose of oxy.. She obviously knew she was pushing her limits and did so for one reason or another. Common sense tells you: Oxycontin is highly addictive. Derek obviously had a problem with Oxy. The girl was his best friend so I'm guessing she was an oxyhead also. Being his best friend I am sure he wouldn't give her a dose he didn't think she could handle. (as stated above it was obviously intended for a couple doses) Which also points to the fact that she was an oxyhead and pushed her limits.

This statement is the jist of the situation, but, the key word is common sense. Something that seems to be in short supply in [American] society :nonono:
IMO, dlwagon did wrong by forgery (scrips), if not for him, it would've been something else. You can't stop a person on a mission, and if it's oc I want, well...

It's not like he made her take it. When people want blood, it doesn't matter whose it is, just that it is, sad  :sad:

I'll write him a pick me up :sun:

:peace:

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4095221 - 04/25/05 01:36 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I don't necessarily think it is his fault, but he sold opiates to a minor. If someone sold alcohol to a 17 year-old and they overdosed and died, they'd probably get in trouble just like someone who sold opiates to a 17 year-old. She should have taken personal responsibility, but he's not just a "casuality of the drug war," because if drugs were legal it would still be a crime to sell drugs that cause the death of a minor.

Nevertheless I wish him the best of luck, and hope he learns some responsibility in prison. Hopefully he'll get a reduced sentence anyway.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: Dlagwagon, imprisoned. Needs penpals. Please Read! [Re: Ravus]
    #4095388 - 04/25/05 02:15 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

when i talked to him he admitted to selling her some oxy,but not the ones that killed her..... im sure he wasnt the only one to get it from, but who knows....

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Offlinepatchallen
Rockin' Sockin'Robot
    #4103578 - 04/27/05 04:31 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

It seems to me that Dlagwagon went against the laws of the nation (however fucked they may be) and he was punished, and he was also made an example of.

5 years is to harsh of a punishment for this type of thing, and i think the reason for this is to prove a point of "this is what happens when you sell drugs". Also it seems that another variable is that her parents dont understand what was going through her head and dlagwagon's head. In reading it looks like what they thought was, oo gee my daughter is dead and it looks like its all his fault.
They didn't understand addiction and that it wasnt all dlagwagon's fault but also much of the blame goes to their daughter for being irresponsible in her "abuse"

--------------------
Rockin the South for all of a lot of years

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder