Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
A Couple Of Quick Questions
    #4080722 - 04/21/05 12:26 PM (12 years, 8 days ago)

Well, I just got done talking to an old friend, and it seems that he is going to start growing mushrooms again (man, has it been a long time since I've talked to him :wink: :lol:). Anyways, this old friend went out shopping today for necessary supplies, and will be mailing off his order for some syringes (Mazatapec, Golden Teacher, and Transkei South African).

But he had a few questions he wished for me to relay to ya'll. :wink:

He's sticking with the traditional PF Tek growth method for now, the brown rice/vermiculite mix and everything. He also bought two thirty gallon, tupperware tubs for a fruiting chamber, so that he would be able to control the temperature for it (using the fish tank heater in the water in the space between the two tubs when they are stacked together).

I searched around for the specific tek that he followed before that spoke of this particular fruiting chamber (but he didn't have enough time before moving to use it), but I couldn't find it. I thought that it was the Magic Mushrooms Grower's Guide, but it now shows the terrarium as being a styrofoam container...

Anyways, I'm curious if he should still stick with terrarium, the two stacked rubbermaids with the fish tank heater in between, with a layer of perlite and water to provide for humidification, or if he should return to the old fish tank aquarium with the plexiglass divider.... Will the rubbermaid containers act as a proper fruiting chamber? He would prefer to use the rubbermaid containers if there is nothing wrong with using them, since he has already bought them, and because he will be able to control the temperature in them with the fish tank heater.

Also, if he goes with the rubbermaid containers, will he still need to get a plexiglass divider to mist the fruiting PF cakes with? I'd simply refer to the tek for these questions, but I can't find it anymore....

Anyways, thanks for your help, its been a long time since he's grown, and he has never really grown much in the first place (a couple of attempts that were unintentionally weak, due to factors out of his control). He's ready to become an avid mushroom grower, and sends along his thanks for any help any of you might have. :grin:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Loc: My Underground Layer
Re: A Couple Of Quick Questions [Re: fireworks_god]
    #4080743 - 04/21/05 12:32 PM (12 years, 8 days ago)

I use nothing but rubbermaid containers for fruiting chambers. they haven't let me down yet. as for a drip shield... i don't use one, i just tip the lid and mist not spray the inside of the chamber.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: A Couple Of Quick Questions [Re: thenewguy05]
    #4080753 - 04/21/05 12:36 PM (12 years, 8 days ago)

How do you regulate humidity levels? Do you solely use perlite and water at the bottom, or do you mist them as well? I'm just wondering if it is necessary to get the plexiglass divider, he wouldn't mind using it, but if he doesn't have to, he would prefer not to, as he would then have more room in the container for more jars... :wink:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Loc: My Underground Layer
    #4080792 - 04/21/05 12:46 PM (12 years, 8 days ago)

the shield is not a requirement and i use perlite humidification. I personally think an occasional misting is still required once every other day just for good measure but it's prolly not necessary.

OfflinePhotoguy
Drunk andJobless

Loc: Drunk in Texas
    #4080799 - 04/21/05 12:49 PM (12 years, 8 days ago)

I use 4--5 inches of lava rock in the bottom of my 30 gallon tubs. I have 3-4 inches of water.  Under that i have a 14 inch bubble rock.  I have a ultrasonic humidifier that goes 30 minutes every two hours.  If the humditiy still is lagging (sometimes it does because i am very aggressive with fanning) i have a 5x5 tuppaware with perlite and a small bubble wand.

This setup seems perfect, i can unplug something and change my humidity for whatever purpose i might need.

Tell your friend, welcome back  :yesnod:

--------------------
You gotta check yo' self before you wreck yo' self

B, Z, F, Burma, Cambodian, Golden Teacher, Puerto Rico, South American, Costa Rica, African

My name is Ender Wiggen and I will own you soon. Bean is my second in command, he is PC'ing jars right now.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: A Couple Of Quick Questions [Re: Photoguy]
    #4080862 - 04/21/05 01:03 PM (12 years, 8 days ago)

I'm reading into the ultrasonic humdifier setup right now... I don't think it is something he'd want to implement this time around, especially due to cost factors, but I'm sure he'll keep it in mind... :wink:

He's basically just starting off slow and simple, easing into growing. He says that it is great to be back. :lol:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation