Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAzNdAnY
Stranger
Shrooms and health
    #401638 - 09/23/01 12:54 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

What are the long-term effects with use of shrooms? Does it kill braincells or anything liike that? what does it do to the body physically

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: AzNdAnY]
    #401663 - 09/23/01 01:26 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Shrooms and health [Re: Anonymous]
    #401691 - 09/23/01 02:00 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I dont think there are any significant long term (or short term) problems with mushrooms. I think your body mistakes some chemical in the shrooms for one that the body usually usues because they are really similar and thats what makes your trip, but dont quote me on this I just seem to rember reading that.

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Offline777D777
Loc: The Universe
Re: Shrooms and health [Re: AzNdAnY]
    #402079 - 09/23/01 09:11 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Long term use (or actually abuse) of shrooms leads to liver damage or even liver failure. Since the magic alkaloids in shrooms are processed the same as alcohol is. Actually there are a lot of similarities between shrooms and alcohol. But that's a whole nother story. Basically shrooms are the safest drug. Even safer than a lot of prescriptions doctors put out. My claims can be backed up by a lot of sites out there. Just look for it and you'll find what you are looking for. peace and love and shrooms

and it does NOT kill brain cells, neither does weed! and by abuse i mean every other day for several years.

_______

0----> Tripz420 is a thief! <----0
0----> sporeman is too! <----0
<a target="_blank" href=http://users.bestweb.net/~acidrain/ralphster/>FSR</a>!
<a target="_blank" href=http://shroomery.org/bluethumb/>Old School Toadstool's</a>!
<a target="_blank" href=http://www.thehawkseye.com/>Hawkster's Eye</a>!

Edited by 777D777 on 09/23/01 10:14 PM.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Shrooms and health [Re: 777D777]
    #402168 - 09/23/01 10:32 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Actually LSD and Psilocybine are still classed as neurotoxins - but to a far lesser extent than Alcohol and MDMA... SOme users report continuation of visual distortion and other visual problems after ingestion of both LSD and Psilocybine and this is refered to as Post Hallucinatory Perception Disorder... The only other real danger is just doing something stupid while tripping hard...

www.shaman-australis.com/shroom/

--------------------

OfflineMANNALORD
Vagabond Ninjafor Hire
Loc: F- R
Re: Shrooms and health [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #403972 - 09/25/01 07:21 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

the only danger is the opening of your mind to the real world, if that is considered a danger to you

somehow, my thoughts are more insane than the mind they spawn from

--------------------
Live and Die in FALL RIVER

OfflineMrKurtz
enthusiast
Re: Shrooms and health [Re: 777D777]
    #404095 - 09/25/01 08:52 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Eh, doesn't long term abuse also cause major changes in your brain chemistry? thought i heard that somewhere... maybe its just LSD, but people who use it heavily actually perceive things differently.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Re: Shrooms and health [Re: MANNALORD]
    #404463 - 09/26/01 01:49 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

And the only danger involved in actually posting a reply to this question is that some tryhard wanker has to reply with some 'oh, im so fucking experienced bullshit' ... I was purely talking from a analytical perspective rather than from personal experience.
Your statement is ludicrous. Each person has different thresholds of tolerance to psychedelic substances, and some people are far more mentally equiped to deal with higher doses than say a manic depressive. Im sure there are many cases of people with latent mental problems that have had these adversely aggrevated by the use of Psilocybin and or Lysergic Acid...Some with life changing implecations.
For the majority of users none of this is an issue, but ive seen people at raves on relatively low doses of LSD and Ketamine literally walking outside and into oncoming traffic and generally tripping out and endangering themselves by panicing...
As for myself, I am well aware of the shamanistic, spiritual, sacremental and personal value of substances such as Psilocybin, and as a well-adjusted individual, I am aware that I am capable of handling any situations and/or circumstances that may arise from their use...
Please feel free to gobble say 3 to 4 dried grams of Psilocybe Cyanescens, 9 dried grams of Cubensis and then get back to me about the relevations concerning ' the real world'

--------------------

OfflineAnando
Stranger
Loc: Austria
Re: Shrooms and health [Re: AzNdAnY]
    #407567 - 09/28/01 01:58 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

some guy told me that your stomach could really be harmed by using shrooms too often (what's once or twice a month considering him). well i couldn't really believe that, and never heard anything similar before. perhaps you guys know better :)

InvisibleMy Third Eye
old hand

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Shrooms and health [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #407765 - 09/28/01 05:54 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

wow..so now i know the term for the disorder i have..post hallucinatory perception disorder..interesting..thanks blue meanie

osama bin laden

some say the end is near some say we'll see armagedon soon..certainly hope we will..i sure could use a vacation from this stupid shit.

--------------------
suddenly a flaming stealth banana split the sky
like one would hope but never really expect
to see in a place like this.
Cutting right angle donuts on a dime
and stopping right at my Birkenstocks,
and me yelping...Holy fucking shit!

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Re: Shrooms and health [Re: My Third Eye]
    #408061 - 09/29/01 03:53 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

PHPD - also known as freebies!!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract