Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineXUL
vivacious
Male User Gallery
life.....
    #4080252 - 04/21/05 09:43 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

hey guys... So I could pull of a C or B in my writting 2 class, but then today my teacher goes "you missed 8 classes, that means your grade drops 50 percent from whatever you make"... I was like... Well what? should i just not come to class now?
I am also about to fail math class too.
Although I am doing good in my major classes, which is art.
The funny thing is tho.. I dont care..
this is bad isnt it..
have you ever felt like you needed to figure out life.. like what is out there, the point, but you know you cant, and it just makes you almost depressed. Im not depressed, but I am so hollow.
I dunno guys..
I dont even know how i will explain im failing 2 classes to my dad
what would you guys do if you were me?

thanks..

--------------------
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.
-W.B. Yeats

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: life..... [Re: XUL]
    #4080271 - 04/21/05 09:57 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Hmm. Maybe if I tell you a story of my own life? You may be able to see a path in your own.

I pulled in mostly C's and B's between the grades of 2 and 13, despite being labelled as a "gifted" child who "could do so much better". My parents were constantly at a loss with how to explain why I wasn't getting a solid A report card. The problem was they just weren't listening to what I had to say about my own schooling: that I hated it and wanted nothing to do with school. It wasn't teaching me anything, so I had no ambition with respect to school.

I highly suspect that many of my teachers simply gave me the C or B just because of that "gifted" remark on my school record. Because of that, I NEVER failed a class in school up until grade 12 English. I failed that course because I skipped the last month of it and as such the teacher did not like me too much.

My parents didn't take it too bad, and I assured them that I would re-take the course and pass it next time (which I did). Because of this incident, I began to realize how much my parents WANTED me to do well in school. Despite the fact that I hated it.

Then came University, in which I was expected to shine through with glowing perfect-A grades. I didn't, of course, because I hated the place just as much as all the other classrooms I have been in. After three dismal years I finally worked up the courage to just quit and follow my own path.

This time, I was prepared for my parents response. One of the KEYS to dealing with parents, in my experience, is to have a PLAN worked out BEFORE you speak to them about something. I don't mean a plan of how you will talk to them...a plan of WHY you are talking to them. They like to see that you have thought things through BEFORE making a decision.

So I explained my reasoning to my parents. Why I was quitting school. What I had in plan for my life. What I could do to follow this plan. Also what I had planned in case things fell through. I told them I always could, if I put my mind to it, go back to school and finish as many degrees as I wanted....but that this was just NOT what I wanted right now in my life.

They accepted all this, and accepted that I had made up my OWN mind here. I think the fact that I was able to explain the whys and hows of what I was doing helped to ease their parental fears.

Hope that helps. And no, it isn't bad. Failing a couple of classes should be the least of your worries in life.

Otherwise you'll give yourself an ulcer and end up stressed-out like the other 75% of society :wink:

--------------------
You're here because you know something.
What you know you can't explain,
But you feel it;
You've felt it your entire life.
That there's something wrong with the world.
You don't know what it is, but it's there....
Like a splinter in your mind...
Driving you mad.

OfflineXUL
vivacious
Male User Gallery
Re: life..... [Re: trendal]
    #4080282 - 04/21/05 10:03 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

thanks man, that makes things better.
your right, its just 2 classes
thanks

--------------------
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.
-W.B. Yeats

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: life..... [Re: XUL]
    #4080341 - 04/21/05 10:29 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah man. Think of it this way: by the time you finish grade 12, you will have taken well over 100 "classes" in your school career (even primary school is a set of classes, most taken in the same class room with the same teacher).

2 classes out of over 100? That's a 98% success rate :grin:

--------------------
You're here because you know something.
What you know you can't explain,
But you feel it;
You've felt it your entire life.
That there's something wrong with the world.
You don't know what it is, but it's there....
Like a splinter in your mind...
Driving you mad.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being