Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

Re: Dlagwagon, imprisoned. Needs penpals. Please Read! [Re: Ripple]
    #4078375 - 04/20/05 06:29 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

can we get the precise dimensions on the ban stick ripple?

seriously guys, lets all write DLAG letters and kno we're thinkin about him!

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada Flag
Re: Dlagwagon, imprisoned. Needs penpals. Please Read! [Re: Yarry]
    #4078377 - 04/20/05 06:29 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Is this an invite? I will be there you crazy mo'fo :grin:

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

Re: Dlagwagon, imprisoned. Needs penpals. Please Read! [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #4078382 - 04/20/05 06:30 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

im still not 100% sure on the march, but i think itd be a grand time to break out yer wine! as for beerfest im gonna be there 100% without a doubt!

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: Dlagwagon, imprisoned. Needs penpals. Please Read! [Re: moosehead]
    #4078398 - 04/20/05 06:32 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I expect a more thought out response from you moosehead. If he was of age to own a gun dealer license, and she was of age to buy a gun, then no, there would be no charge against him. But your comparison is so far in left field from what actually happened here, its almost a shame your post even came up.

But I must say, for a forum of suppose enlightened individuals who champion the "right" to consume drugs, most of you really are far from reality. You are blinded by your drugs it seems, especially when I read that dlwag "did nothing wrong". There really is no point in trying to argue such a simple notion, it is almost sickening. If you are the individuals who will champion the right to use drugs as you please, than I am 100% sure I will never see a society that holds freedom and responsiblity in equal light. I'm out of this thread, but I hope some of you do some serious thinking about your positions, less toke, more thought would do wonders for yourselves.

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: Dlagwagon, imprisoned. Needs penpals. Please Read! [Re: Effed]
    #4078446 - 04/20/05 06:41 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I am going to mail him a few books that I love - most of the spiritual topic. Perhaps he can make the most of his difficult sentence and really develop as an positive individual.

Love is the answer.

OfflineAlthea
Stranger
Loc: On some high cold mountai...
Re: Dlagwagon, imprisoned. Needs penpals. Please Read! [Re: looner2]
    #4078449 - 04/20/05 06:42 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Ill write to him. I dont think that he did nothing wrong, but he shouldnt be condemned for ever because of his part.

And looner, using drugs comes with responsibility. If you cant be responsible then you shouldnt be using the drugs. Most people who use research what they are getting themselves into first.

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #4078450 - 04/20/05 06:42 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i hope dlag takes his time in prison to reflect on his life. i know the kid was addicted to a lot of drugs, and heavily involved in pills. im very anti drug laws, i believe they all need re-written. however i also think if you sell oxycontin to a 17yr old and she dies, you have to goto jail for awhile. lets just hope he is avoiding all black guys named snowflake and cleans up his act while on the inside. if i were derick i would be counting my blessings that i only got 3-5 yrs

InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

Re: Dlagwagon, imprisoned. Needs penpals. Please Read! [Re: Vvellum]
    #4078454 - 04/20/05 06:43 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

excellent idea. ill see if/when i get a job soon if its possible to mail him a few of the books that have really helpe develop me as an individual. excellent idea BIO!

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: Dlagwagon, imprisoned. Needs penpals. Please Read! [Re: Yarry]
    #4078470 - 04/20/05 06:45 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

like I said, love is the answer. whether or not the sentence was just or not, people caught in the system need love and compassion - he will develop. I hope others join me.

OfflineAlthea
Stranger
Loc: On some high cold mountai...
    #4078475 - 04/20/05 06:47 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I agree bio. :heart:

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Dlagwagon, imprisoned. Needs penpals. Please Read! [Re: Althea]
    #4078518 - 04/20/05 06:57 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

My thoughts go out with Derek, that sentence was over the top. What ever happened to personal responsibility? All the blame should not be put on Derek, had Julie been more responsible, she would be alive today. Of course, why ruin her good name when the big bad drug dealer is right there :rolleyes:?

Derek and Julie are victims of the drug war. I hope Derek gets better, however prison is a terrible place. He should not have been sentenced to jail, he needs treatment, not jail.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Dlagwagon, imprisoned. Needs penpals. Please Read! [Re: moosehead]
    #4078657 - 04/20/05 07:38 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

moosehead said:
so if dlwagon was a legit gun dealer and teh girl bought a gun, shot and killed her self, its dlwagons fault?

If a car dealer sells someone a car and they crash, it's not considered the car dealership's fault....but when it comes to drugs and drug laws there is no common sense, and no compassion...in this country at least. It really sucks, I never knew this guy, but if I can think of some uplifting words then I'll definitely write to him. This is so sad.... :nonono:

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4078931 - 04/20/05 08:54 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

bi0 said:
I am going to mail him a few books that I love - most of the spiritual topic. Perhaps he can make the most of his difficult sentence and really develop as an positive individual.

I hope he does too.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #4079139 - 04/20/05 09:53 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

He's in jail in Waupun w/ a few of my friends. I shall ask if they have any news of him. Usually one of them calls every week.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
Re: Dlagwagon, imprisoned. Needs penpals. Please Read! [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4079327 - 04/20/05 10:35 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Very tragic situation. My condolences go out to both parties involved.

This kid lost his best friend and winded up in the slammer for 5 years. A family lost their 17 year old daughter. All over this girls own ignorance. I highly doubt this was her first dose of oxy.. She obviously knew she was pushing her limits and did so for one reason or another. Common sense tells you: Oxycontin is highly addictive. Derek obviously had a problem with Oxy. The girl was his best friend so I'm guessing she was an oxyhead also. Being his best friend I am sure he wouldn't give her a dose he didn't think she could handle. (as stated above it was obviously intended for a couple doses) Which also points to the fact that she was an oxyhead and pushed her limits.

It's too bad this had to happen. I hate to say this but it could have easily been avoided with some common sense on her part. :undecided:

Edit:

I spoke before I even read the second article...

"In addressing the judge, Thomas Zdeblick described Julie as "bright and energetic and funny and sassy," and said she was a young woman who "never backed down from anything."

But she also made the mistake of turning to drugs, he said, and died as a result. She met Hansen, who was described as a large-scale dealer in the Middleton area, through drug use and although she had been in treatment on the night of March 5 she sneaked out of her town of Westport home and went to Hansen's apartment to buy OxyContin."

My blood is really boiling after reading that.. She obviously let her ego get to her head.. Never backed down from anything huh?? Well her ignorance landed a kid in jail and probably put her whole family into a depressed state. She pushed her limits and fucked up a lot of peoples lives including her own.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Edited by mattzdope (04/20/05 10:43 PM)

OfflineFreshCaps
Nor-Cal

Loc: The Cannabis State
Re: Dlagwagon, imprisoned. Needs penpals. Please Read! [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #4079392 - 04/20/05 10:51 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

How did they figure out the OC came from him?

--------------------
THE BEST ASS:

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
Re: Dlagwagon, imprisoned. Needs penpals. Please Read! [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #4079454 - 04/20/05 11:05 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I heard about it, I remember now..I think I remember his last post in fact....he was telling about what happened..I got to check out the link..I feel for him, I know friends that got hooked on pain pills as well..I might write him, but he doesn't know me....

Edited by skunk78395 (04/20/05 11:07 PM)

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada Flag
    #4079788 - 04/21/05 12:43 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

It's a terrible thought that this kid is going to spend 5 years in the prime of his life in jail, let alone whatever guilt he might be going through as a result of his actions. What he's feeling should be enough punishment without usurping 5 years from his life.I do, however, think that Looner makes a valid point: We, as individuals, have got to start taking responsibility for our own decisons/actions in life, for every action there is a reaction. Having said that, I'm going to write him and if I lived closer i would even visit. I really do wish him all the best, sorry this had to happen for everyone's sake :frown:

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

Edited by FreakQlibrium (04/21/05 01:34 AM)

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

Re: Dlagwagon, imprisoned. Needs penpals. Please Read! [Re: looner2]
    #4079881 - 04/21/05 01:17 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I'd support you.

This guy seems like he made a mistake, I'm sorry that hes in jail and I'm sorry that the womans daughter is dead. Yet another example of how real drug education would have saved lives.

--------------------

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Dlagwagon, imprisoned. Needs penpals. Please Read! [Re: SoopaX]
    #4079946 - 04/21/05 02:09 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SoopaX said:
I'd support you.

This guy seems like he made a mistake, I'm sorry that hes in jail and I'm sorry that the womans daughter is dead. Yet another example of how real drug education would have saved lives.

Yeah, I completely agree.

Looner, I don't hate you. You play an important position here at the Shroomery. Even if people disagree, you state the "other side" very eloquently. It's important that people like you exist so that people in our community do not grow too confident in our complacency. (if I even spelled that right)

"yo yo yo, bobby hill is in the house!"

(watching king of the hill)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies