Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJaguarWarrior101
ShamanicAlchemist InTraining
Male User Gallery

Loc: State of Euphoria
Re: Incubators - Heat Mat, Tub In Tub(TIT), and other heating methods compared. [Re: Underhillmaster]
    #4073598 - 04/19/05 05:16 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I don't know if I've ever seen a 1 gallon pickle jar, would a quart jar be big enough, or is a large jar vital to distribute the heat more efficiently?

--------------------
The above post is purely hypothetical, and should not be considered the true thoughts, opinions, or actions of a real life person.

We perceive. This is hard fact. But what we perceive is not a fact of the same kind, because we learn what to perceive.
~Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineUnderhillmaster
The LemonProphet

Loc: Parts Unknown
Re: Incubators - Heat Mat, Tub In Tub(TIT), and other heating methods compared. [Re: JaguarWarrior101]
    #4074179 - 04/19/05 07:44 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

My fish heater is like 8+ inches tall so I had to get a jar/container that tall or taller. I found mine at Wal-Mart. Maybe try a wholesale grocery store.

--------------------
If you cut off my head, what would I say? Me and my head, or me and my body?

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
ShamanicAlchemist InTraining
Male User Gallery

Loc: State of Euphoria
Re: Incubators - Heat Mat, Tub In Tub(TIT), and other heating methods compared. [Re: Underhillmaster]
    #4075210 - 04/19/05 11:34 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Ok, but do you think a quart jar could do the job if the heater fits?
The heater I plan to use is about 7-8" long, but it wouldn't all have to fit in the jar,
some could stick out the top and be sealed to the lid with some silicone or something.

--------------------
The above post is purely hypothetical, and should not be considered the true thoughts, opinions, or actions of a real life person.

We perceive. This is hard fact. But what we perceive is not a fact of the same kind, because we learn what to perceive.
~Carlos Castaneda

Offlineindole
arf

Re: Incubators - Heat Mat, Tub In Tub(TIT), and other heating methods compared. [Re: JaguarWarrior101]
    #4076371 - 04/20/05 09:47 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i believe i saw 3 watts per gallon for +/- 7 degree changes

:read on box for recomending heaters for aquariums

heater in jar in cooler might take some tweaking seeing how the warm jar is heating the air. i dunno. :shrug:

OfflineTokagekobushi
Low RankingPsychonaut

Loc: Blitzed out of my skull
Re: Incubators - Heat Mat, Tub In Tub(TIT), and other heating methods compared. [Re: indole]
    #4077542 - 04/20/05 03:05 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

My friend doesnt use a TiT. In fact, untill just recently, he didnt even know what it stood for.

What he uses is a Sunbeam Heat pad, set over his small Rubbermaid tub, which is inside the bottom cabnet of a nightstand, so i guess it could be a version of a TiT, but it has no water in it at all. Its on its lowest setting and it reaches temps of about 80 deg f, perfect for incubating. If I wanted, it has 5 diff settings I beleive. Thing cost about $30, so I guess it was a pretty good deal. Also, He's never had any problems with heat distrobution either. It heats pretty evenly if you have the mat lying on top of the closed tub, inside the cabnet.

--------------------
"Mans unfailing capacity to beleive what he prefers to be true, rather than what evidence proves to be likely and possible, has always astounded me. We longe for a caring universe that will save us from our childish mistakes, and in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary, we will pin all our hopes on the slimmest doubts. God hasnt been proven not to exist, therefore, he must exist!"

"Einstein would turn over in his grave! Not only does God play dice, but the dice are loaded."

"Some would ask, Why would a perfect god create a universe that if filled with so much evil. They have missed a greater conumdrum. Why would a perfect god create a universe at all?"

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale