Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLedHead
Stranger

mush tolerance question
    #4077100 - 04/20/05 03:06 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

if i tripped on sunday would my tolerance be down enough to trip again today?

--------------------
I'm a traveler of both time and space...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: mush tolerance question [Re: LedHead]
    #4077106 - 04/20/05 03:07 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

No.

Although if you ate more than usual, you probably would get similar effects.

Offlinedfslkfsd
Pot head

#4077124 - 04/20/05 03:12 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I would say yes. I tripped two days in a row each trip was exactly 24 hours apart the second one was alot less intense. but I only ate 1.5 grams dry compared too the first time when I ate 25 grams wet. it also depends on how much you are planning on taking too.

Offlinejoeythecatch
Stranger
    #4077143 - 04/20/05 03:20 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Conventional wisdom says that it takes about a week for tolerance to return to normal after a mushroom trip. If you did the same dose today (Wednesday) that you did on Sunday, you probably wouldn't have quite as intense an experience. If you do want an experience equally as intense as your Sunday trip, you could try a slightly (and let me reiterate for emphasis, SLIGHTLY) higher dose. I might actually go for a re-dose if I were you: do the same amount you did on Sunday and see where it gets you. If, before you start peaking, you decide that you'd like to trip a little harder, go for maybe an additional gram (I wouldn't recommend much more than this). But it *has* to be before you start peaking, otherwise your body will have already acquired too much of a tolerance for it to do you any good. And it's a much smarter way to go than just doing a big dose at the beginning that you might not want to/be able to handle later. After all, you may not need a bigger dose at all; remember that the intensity of mushroom trips tends to increase along plateaus, not as a straight line. The difference between one plateau and the next can be enormous though (intensity increases exponentially as your dose goes up), so don't go for a "heroic" dose right off the bat just to overcome your tolerance from Sunday. Many a bad trip has started out along these lines: "After an hour I wasn't feeling much of anything, so I took more..."

- Catch

Offlinedarkstar45
inquisitivetraveler
Male User Gallery

Re: mush tolerance question [Re: joeythecatch]
    #4079732 - 04/21/05 02:20 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

heres my 2 cents. one time i did a half 1/8th and everything was fine, it was a very nice experience. then i did it again two days later and it was not nearly as good. i was not away from reality like the 1st day. i was trapped in this hanging lethargic feeling just weird 4 hour period. everything that happended that days seemed out of the ordinary. everything was very frustrating and confusing and i was very irritable and uncomfortable. i read before that you shouldn't trip in close proximity to other trips, but my friends offered me some shrooms for free and i couldnt pass it up. it was just this day that wouldnt seam to end. so like about 4 hours later i smoked some good ol mj. and i finnally started feeling like i was at home again. im not saying this is how it is all times when you shroom too often im just saying what happened. there was not a pleasant part about the whole day. im sure youve already tripped or didnt trip by now. so what did you do? if you did it, how was it?

--------------------
There he goes...
One of God's own prototypes.
A high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live and too rare to die.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience