Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekroum
Stranger
Loc: CA
2nd time tripping and had a very bad trip
    #4073738 - 04/19/05 06:10 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Hi, I've been lurking around these forums for a long time now, posted a few times, but I've never until now posted a trip report. My first trip was this winter and it was wonderful. 2 of my friends and I dropped an 8th each and for the first half of the trip chilled in his dorm room with black lite, lava lamp, and a long play list of music like: shpongle, beatles, greatful dead...good stuff. The 2nd half we went outside and to the beach. The outside world and especially the stars were amazingly beautiful and I had a great trip... This last weekend however, that was not the case.

The plan was to go camping at the beach about 30 minutes north of my university and drop there about an hour or 2 before the sunset. The shrooms we got were kinda sketchy... atleast in my mind since they were powdered, but they were from a very reliable source. When we got to the camp site there was a misunderstanding with the ranger... he ended up giving us parking permits, and adding us onto the camp site that someone else had allready reserved (we didn't know that at the time). So we set up the tent, and all our camping chairs, a hookah, and then we dropped. I emptied the powder in orange juice, as did most of the other people, there were 6 of us shrooming, and 2 others who were not, and would watch out for us. This time I had a little more than an 8th. The one girl in our group did not want to drop a whole 8th, so she took half of it, and a friend of mine and I split the other half of her 8th as well as our own 8ths. I was amazed at how fast they started acting. About 5 minutes after I drank the orang juice my vision started swimming, and right from the start I knew I was in for a SERIOUS trip.
Next thing I know one of my friends is already throwing up. That scared me a little since none of us had been nausious the last time we tripped. Another one of my friends threw up shortly after that. By this time I was going crazy. It was coming on much faster and much harder than last time, no time to get used to it and to accept it. I started thinking in more than 3 dimensions. Whenever I closed my eyes I saw visuals in more than 3 dimensions, all sorts of horrible angles and things coming at me. My mind was existing in more than 3 dimensions, but my body was trapped in only 3. I remember trying to feel things that I didn't know how. Then I broke into a very thick sweat. Whenever I opened my eyes I saw crazy and bizzar geometric patterns intertwined with everything I was seeing. Then came the feeling of what have I done to myself, is this a poison, am I going to die... but that lasted only a couple of minutes because I wasn't even at the peak yet. I couldn't keep my eyes open because I had full blown hallucinations of bright colors and patterns. I couldn't keep my eyes closed because the CEVs were even crazier. I was struggling to just hold on to my sanity, to my very being. It was so easy to just let go, to just end it. I had read about ego loss many times before and I have always been curious about it... and I got to experience it. I remember saying it out loud to my friend "Ego loss" and that's the last thing I said for a long time. I still experienced the world, but I was no longer there. I was not alive, I just existed. This was all before the peak. At the peak of the experience it became very philosophical. I can not describe it because I wasn't thinking in words. Only a very primal part of me was "alive" at the time, and it did not think in words, or emotions, or anything else I can put a name on. I remember thinking about the difference between life and the rest of the universe, about how inanimate matter becomes alive, and that was the process I was going to. I felt like the first living being. I had to LEARN how to be alive again. I knew I wanted to be alive, but I didn't know how. The only thing that kept me going was the drive to live. Somehow at that point we were coming back from the beach ( I don't remember being AT the beach at all) and I was looking at my friends, I couldn't understand them, I couldn't talk to them. The girl kept asking me whether I was OK, and I kept saying NO, just no because I did not know how to say anything else. I was struggling to learn how to live. I thought briefly about my parents but I realized that nobody could help me, I was on my own. The whole time I was very scared that the second I stopped concentrating on being alive, I would die, and I knew that I did not want to die. I was very sick to my stomach, but I absolutely abhor throwing up, so I was trying to keep it down. When we got back to the camp site one of our guides took me to somewhere where I could throw up, but when I got there I did not know how. I kept saying "I want to throw up" and he kept asking me "Then why don't you just do it?" and I kept saying "Because I don't know how." Then he said: "Well, you don't have to throw up if you don't want to, you don't have to have a bad trip if you don't want to." And I sat there and thought about it, and I realized that he was completely right. Then I made the choice not to throw up, and not to have a bad trip. From that point on, the trip was good. I came down very fast, and I felt completely refreshed, wide awake, healthy, and ALIVE. We spent the rest of the night talking about our trips sitting in a circle with a hookah in the middle, smoking pot from as many pieces as we had... Looking back on it it was a very positive experience, it gave me a very different outlook on life and I am very thankful.

There were alot of factors that contributed to my bad trip, to begin with I had a bad feeeling about the mushrooms because they were a powder... Then the setting was new, I didn't feel very comfortable there. There were people around and once it got dark there were alot of flashlights, and cars which had their high beams on, and I thought it was the police. The people whose camp site it was showed up, and initially they were very angry... they were frat boys from one of the state universities nearby, but we got along with them later. Smoked a few of them out, they shared a big bong, and let us stay the night. In the end everything worked out for the best, but at the time the trip was the most terrifying experience of my life.

Sorry for making you all read this, I wish I could have written it in a more interesting manner, but I'm just trying to get it out, to remember as much of it as I can, and I would like some input... and I hope this can help someone else one day when they are having a bad trip. Just realize that it doesn't have to be bad. Even if it is scary as hell.

--------------------
"Why not?"
Last words of Timothy Leary

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinechemistry
One.
 User Gallery

Re: 2nd time tripping and had a very bad trip [Re: kroum]
    #4073774 - 04/19/05 06:18 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

damn homay, thats a good tip. i'll keep it in mind.

--------------------
c h e m i s t r y

Offlineckyrock
Dreamer
Re: 2nd time tripping and had a very bad trip [Re: chemistry]
    #4074422 - 04/19/05 08:22 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I honestly feel that over an 1/8th for a second trip is too much, I know some of you disagree with me. Also being the second trip, having it a powder mix, the sudden rush may have freaked you a lil bit. The main thing though is, what type of mushrooms were they? If they were an 1/8th of cubes or and 1/8th of copes is a huge difference. So ask the guy you bought them from, knowledge in knowing. Nice report ::thumps up::

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: 2nd time tripping and had a very bad trip [Re: ckyrock]
    #4074639 - 04/19/05 09:08 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Glad to hear you made it through!

You have an intense as fuck trip and you came out on top in the end. you should be pretty greatful!

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Offlinenewjon
Stranger
Re: 2nd time tripping and had a very bad trip [Re: Ginseng1]
    #4076725 - 04/20/05 11:34 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

"...you don't have to have a bad trip if you don't want to"
the funny thing about this is, you don't really realise it unless by accident or luck.
At one point during my first trip, it began to take a bit of a darker turn (though nothing on a par with yours), but i managed to remember that, similar to dreams, ultimately it is YOU who is in control of your trip.
Also, seeing it written like this, makes me think of the parallel with life - you don't have to live a bad life if you don't want to
Simple, obvious, yet soooo easy to forget

Offlinespicykitty123
kittycat

Re: 2nd time tripping and had a very bad trip [Re: newjon]
    #4077766 - 04/20/05 03:50 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

my first trip began out bad, i think it was just the come up though... i was all anxious, confused and thoguht i was going insane. My friend who i was tripping with told me everything was ok, that i should just sit back and enjoy... It all clicked then, i was like "i can just enjoy everything, everything is so nice"

--------------------
yesterday i loved everything

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
    #4078166 - 04/20/05 05:33 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I've had a similar experience before. I ground up my shrooms and put them OJ also. I've found I don't like teas, or mushroom drinks, it's like being shot of a cannon. 4+ grams is a hefty dose for most anyone also.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4079968 - 04/21/05 02:22 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Excellent trip report..I've been in the place that you've been. You had quite a nice friend here, to help guide you through the despair.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4080038 - 04/21/05 03:30 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

2nd time tripping
This time I had a little more than an 8th. The one girl in our group did not want to drop a whole 8th, so she took half of it, and a friend of mine and I split the other half of her 8th as well as our own 8ths.

Hmmm.. that wasn't such a great idea. The average Shroomerite recommends "up to 2 gr" to a newbie and you took about three times that.

Your second time around you awoke some things very deep inside of you. I'm sorry to suck but I think it's likely future trips will bring more such difficulties which would've taken a long time to awaken had you stuck to regular (1-2.5gr) doses.

What a waste of a perfectly good opportunity.

Your second time around you have (by your extreme dose of 5-6gr) kicked off the Ego Death process. The thing you should have done was to keel over and die. :shocked:

Ego Death can be a highly cleansing experience, in fact one of the most cleansing processes of a lifetime. It entails surrenderring to your biggest fears (usually: dying) and to let go and let the catastrophe unfold. It is your fear/resistance that gave you the bad trip.

What you did with "I don't have to have a Bad Trip" was tucking the situation back. The only real solace comes from lying down and letting psychedelic death have it's way with you.
You will be OK if you do, but it will be *hard* to do the opposite of everything you stand for.

Please click "BEST TRIPPING MANUAL" in my signature, download the PDF and print it if you want to. You need to get solid info about the nature of tripping, the safety of it all and viable tripping strategies. It's a 1959 book but it's top notch material.

*sighs*
I really would've liked it better if you had just taken less and aquired basic trust through multiple experiences or high doses like you difd but under expert guidance. You have suffered quite some anguish, awoken some pretty deep material, and all you got for it was a great tail end of the experience based on partial closure.

I wish I could've been there to guide you through man, I can tell you the road to Heaven runs straight through Hell, and at that time you need expert guidance. So please read that book & get in the know.
It's one of the best books ever written on Psychedelics.

I'm glad you came out feeling less violated then you could've, but you suffered needlessly and did not reach higher ground.

Good to have you back  :heart::thumbup:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
    #4081159 - 04/21/05 12:35 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Wow man glad everything turn out alright.

"...you don't have to have a bad trip if you don't want to"
Im going to write that down and tape it to my wall for my next trip. B/c the last few I kinda paniced so that will be some insperation.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

Offlinekroum
Stranger
Re: 2nd time tripping and had a very bad trip [Re: Stonerguy]
    #4081680 - 04/21/05 03:03 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Wiccan Seeker, you are right. I came very close to just laying it all down and dying, but at the time I thought I would ACTUALLY die, so I made the choice not to. The reason why I took such a big dose was because the dealer we got the mushrooms from said they were aged 1 and a half years, so my logic was that they would not be as potent, little did I know that they were stored in vaccume packages so they were still very potent, if not more potent than the last shrooms I had. Combined with the fact that they were powdered and hit so fast and hard.

I don't think I agree that my future trips will be harder. I now have even more respect for mushrooms than i did before the trip, and I've always had great respect for them, I was just foolish, in both the dose and the setting I took them in. Now that I've made mistakes, I know what not to do, and I think that will help me in future trips. I feel that I have some unfinnished business with the mushrooms and it will keep gnawing at me, so this weekend I will attempt again, this time I will start with a half 8th, and eat the 2nd half only after I decide that I can handle the stronger experience. The setting will also be alot more controlled. It will be here in the university like my first time. I feel much more comfortable here and I will be with just a couple really close friends.

Thank you all for the replies.

A question: Will I experience less effects this time around since it has been a week? I don't know what the minimum time is between trips that you need to have full effects again.

P.S. Does anyone else have trouble listening to Sergeant Pepper (the entire album) when they are tripping? It is my favorite Beatles album, but it REALLY freaked me out when we were listening to it in the beginning of the trip.

--------------------
"Why not?"

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
    #4081812 - 04/21/05 03:38 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

If i were you I would wait 2 atleast. Just smoke some pot and recolect on your trip to "prepare" yourself for your next trip.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

Offlinekroum
Stranger
Re: 2nd time tripping and had a very bad trip [Re: Stonerguy]
    #4081875 - 04/21/05 03:53 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

hehe, it was 4/20 yesteryday, we started at midnight and then at noon again right after my midterm... continued through the day, the evening, and at around midnight we smoked some hash... it was a fun 4/20, but ya, I've been doing alot of reflecting on my trip, and I think it's because of all the thinking that I really want a 2nd try, a "redo" if you will. I might wait for 2 weeks if it won't have full effect after a week.

--------------------
"Why not?"

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4081972 - 04/21/05 04:09 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

kroum said:

P.S. Does anyone else have trouble listening to Sergeant Pepper (the entire album) when they are tripping? It is my favorite Beatles album, but it REALLY freaked me out when we were listening to it in the beginning of the trip.

Any sort of music is touchy for me at the start of a trip. For instance, I adore Shpongle while tripping, but simply cannot stand it when I'm coming up. I prefer to meditate with soft, gentle music playing in the background. Then, once the trip kicks in, I put on some trippy tunes and I'm able to enjoy them.

Nerves and the "blasting off" effect of your high dose might have something to do with not enjoying your CD. You might want to give it another try at a later date.

Offlinekroum
Stranger
Re: 2nd time tripping and had a very bad trip [Re: MOTH]
    #4083048 - 04/21/05 09:25 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Ya, that's what I think it was as well. It was playing on my friend's ipod with these small speakers we bought for the camping, and at one point I just ran over to it and grabbed it with myh hands and I kept pressing pause, and it kept playing, all the while saying "Make this go away!" ... little did I know, the "hold" button was on, lol.

So, any other oppinions on whether 1 week is too short to wait... The other reason I want to do it this weekend is that after that I don't think I"ll have the time since it's going to be the middle of the quarter, and I'm going to get bombarded with midterms and projects.... mechanical engineering...

--------------------
"Why not?"

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #4083089 - 04/21/05 09:41 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Trip again if you wish. There is nothing wrong with it.

People wait a month or more to get the MOST bang for their buck... but a trip's a trip. If you don't care about potency, it could be a surprisingly strong trip.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleEuphoriaReturns
Stranger
Re: 2nd time tripping and had a very bad trip *DELETED* [Re: Rose]
    #4176944 - 05/15/05 01:05 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by EuphoriaReturns

Reason for deletion: Because I want to.

Offlinekroum
Stranger
Re: 2nd time tripping and had a very bad trip [Re: EuphoriaReturns]
    #4177121 - 05/15/05 02:31 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Well, one of my friends took as much as me that time, but had an awesome time, but he has an extremely easy-going personality and that helps alot.

P.S. I shroomed again, I waited two weeks and shroomed on a thursday night, it was pretty un-planned, we just decided to buy the shrooms that we had heard were floating around, and just drop them thursday afternoon. I ate only half of an 8th first, waited until I was in the middle of the trip, and ate the other half. This trip had all the positive energy that was missing from the last one. I enjoyed myself tremendously, everything was beautiful and happy and I was completely lucid the whole time. I didn't trip nearly as hard as the time before, but it was appropriate. It was exacly what I needed and the next day I woke up completely refreshed, and went home for the weekend.

BTW I got a kick out of how much I was enjoying munching on the second half of the 8th, we were outside walking from our campus to a liquor store to guy rolling tobacco for splifs and I was just walking and munching, and they were so tasty, they melted in my mouth. I love the flavor, I don't understand how people can think they're nasty.

--------------------
"Why not?"

OfflineVeter
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4177202 - 05/15/05 03:35 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

kroum said:
Well, one of my friends took as much as me that time, but had an awesome time, but he has an extremely easy-going personality and that helps alot.

P.S. I shroomed again, I waited two weeks and shroomed on a thursday night, it was pretty un-planned, we just decided to buy the shrooms that we had heard were floating around, and just drop them thursday afternoon. I ate only half of an 8th first, waited until I was in the middle of the trip, and ate the other half. This trip had all the positive energy that was missing from the last one. I enjoyed myself tremendously, everything was beautiful and happy and I was completely lucid the whole time. I didn't trip nearly as hard as the time before, but it was appropriate. It was exacly what I needed and the next day I woke up completely refreshed, and went home for the weekend.

BTW I got a kick out of how much I was enjoying munching on the second half of the 8th, we were outside walking from our campus to a liquor store to guy rolling tobacco for splifs and I was just walking and munching, and they were so tasty, they melted in my mouth. I love the flavor, I don't understand how people can think they're nasty.

eat them some more...youll gain a hatred for the taste. Im pretty sure it has the same 'self defense' as DXM where it slowly becomes less attractive to you.

--------------------
Let the Demons have their place, if so, it's angels you'll create.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order