Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
spore print question
    #4073189 - 04/19/05 03:02 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i have two spore prints remaining from a grow about a year or two ago.  they're neatly done on tin foil which i closed and sealed in a plastic bag.  are there any grow teks for using spore prints without the use of a syringe?  i'm looking for something simple to use them for without having to use a syringe.  i tried the search function but it came up with nothing useful (maybe i wasn't using the right keywords)  any info or links to teks without using a syringe would be appreciated  :heart:

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNeedMoreSleep
OCD = 100%Sterility :-)

Loc: One Inch ↑
Re: spore print question [Re: SuperD]
    #4073196 - 04/19/05 03:03 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

You really should use syringes bro... GL though :stoned:

--------------------

"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil,
which we must fear most. And that is... the indifference of good men."
-Boondock Saints

Offlinejonnyjonjonjon
CrackBadger
 User Gallery

Loc: The Pharm
Re: spore print question [Re: SuperD]
    #4073215 - 04/19/05 03:08 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Heres one but i tried to do it with a syringe but most of the jars got contaminated probably has to do with the half ass sterilization technique, sterilize the jars properly and it might work.
http://www.force-g.net/greentongue/shrooms/shroom_wizard.doc

--------------------
Mother goose said to the swan "Is that PCP your cooking?" and the swan replied "Yes, yes it is.

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Re: spore print question [Re: jonnyjonjonjon]
    #4073287 - 04/19/05 03:24 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

thanks a lot man, i'm gonna give that a try

--------------------
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

OfflineJunkaboy
Psychonaut FTW
 User Gallery

Loc: Deep within
    #4073292 - 04/19/05 03:26 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Using agar you don't need a syringe. You inoc the agar, then when it's well colonized you take pieces of it and use to inoc grain. Then you do a substrate and casing...

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
Re: spore print question [Re: Junkaboy]
    #4073301 - 04/19/05 03:29 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i just put a print straight to a brf and vermiculite substrate. working good so far. only 1 jar lost

--------------------

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4073607 - 04/19/05 05:23 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

jonnyjonjonjon said:
Heres one but i tried to do it with a syringe but most of the jars got contaminated probably has to do with the half ass sterilization technique, sterilize the jars properly and it might work.
http://www.force-g.net/greentongue/shrooms/shroom_wizard.doc

Wow...I think that's the best tech I've ever read. Great stuff.

Can anyone verify this though...?

Quote:

* ADDITION -This additional step is not necessary, but it will help your crop to produce up to 25% more shrooms. If you take one cup of the water and before you add it to the dry mix in the bowl bring it to a boil in the microwave. When you take it out of the microwave, while it is still hot, immediately stir in one teaspoon of honey (any kind). Then you add the water to the dry mix in the bowl (along with the rest of the water) and stir as directed. What this honey does is add more nutrients and dextrose (sugar) to your substrate which is just more FOOD for the mycelium to consume (meaning more shrooms).

Edited by myndreach (04/19/05 05:25 PM)

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Re: spore print question [Re: myndreach]
    #4073670 - 04/19/05 05:51 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I can't verify it as I've never tried that, but it logically makes sense as you're adding a lot more of what the mushrooms need in a very small amount of space (ie, not adding in more substrate but instead pouring a liquid solution to mix in with it) As for getting up to 25% more shrooms, it sounds reasonable and I see no reason not to try it as it's a very small additional step to take.

--------------------
Manoa said:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags