Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
Circles and spheres...
    #4070303 - 04/18/05 10:42 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Did you notice how the entire universe is based on circles?

Radiation, particles, natural cycles, planets, starts etc.

Every image and every sound is an expression of a cicrcle.
A sinusoidal wave is the basic wave from which all other forms of waves can be made (think modular synthesizers). Every sound can be analised to a bunch of sinusoidal waves.
Every radiation can be disected into sinusoidal waves
Atoms are round, and they form round objects in the end, and guess what they follow a sinusoidal curve in this action:
small matter is based on spheres, then as the size grows there is chaos, and goes back to the primary shape of a sphere (a planet), you zoom out again and get back to chaos (star systems), zoom out again and get to a circular shape of galaxies, it follows a sinusoidal pattern where size is X

Everything is spinning in universe too..

things in universe look like circles, act like circles, have phases in circles, and even deviate from circular in cicrlces.

Guess we should think circular for everything if we are to gain wisedom.

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: Circles and spheres... [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4070342 - 04/18/05 10:53 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

there is no end or beginning

only change...

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #4070408 - 04/18/05 11:09 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

To the discovery of the sphere and its wisdom! :cheers:

Lines and angles are sharp and pointy things to play with. The sphere is a lot more user friendly.

The spiral is another interesting teacher to play with. Can't say they are as user friendly but if handled with care and respect there is a lot of power to be harnessed within them.

Put them together, sphere and vortices and you have my avatar which is what I think we all really look like minus these space suits.

What inspired all of this to click with you?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (04/18/05 11:10 PM)

InvisiblePsychoactive1984 Happy Birthday
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
    #4070511 - 04/18/05 11:34 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

So being called a circle the converse to suggesting someone is a square?

Interesting point... dogs chase their tails in circles about themselves as well, yet it doesn't get them anywhere, I don't see how thinking in a circular fashion will get us anywhere other then our initial position.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Offlinesoulmotion
Professor
 User Gallery

Loc: Jumanji
Re: Circles and spheres... [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #4071028 - 04/19/05 01:27 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Psychoactive1984 said:
...I don't see how thinking in a circular fashion will get us anywhere other then our initial position.

What if our initial position was a good place to be? Aw, I'm just playing the 'devil's advocate'. You make a good point Pychoactive1984.

But seriously, I think alot about circles and squares, I'm glad you posted this OldWoodSpecter. I know there have been alot of posts about this subject, but I think it's worth revisiting. I think there's a reason why some people are called 'squares'. If there were no circles in the world (if such a world could even exist), I believe it would be a pretty deterministic existance. Everything would have to allign to a grid, and there would be nothing mysterious about life. The circle is what makes life irrational and unpredictable; but the circle will always have to compete with the square-- sometimes resulting in disharmony, other times resulting in beautful complex symetry. I know what I'm saying sounds kind of loopy, (maybe because I'm disposed to a circular thought process myself  :wink: ) but if you think about what I'm saying, you might find that it actually makes some square sense.

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: Circles and spheres... [Re: soulmotion]
    #4071371 - 04/19/05 03:40 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

We can further elaborate on the design, and the formation of a circle is perfect in symetry without any flaw... becuase we see it as such :smile:.

Although, I beg to differ on the part of the circle making life appear irrational and unpredictable... it's very predictable, because we give the circle it's dimensions, and suggest its supposed inherent perfection, I'd go so far to say that the circle is the spitting image of anerism, and the pretense to "them" as it's more akin to an expression of idealism and perfection (order; discordianism-"them", concept in reference to the polar opposite of erisian thought). We could apply the same set of beliefs in regards to numerology and arrive at the same conclusion; or even natural constants such as the "magical" force of pi, and/or various other naturally defined concepts.

Chaos, and uncertainty is what provides the better stuff in life... chaos in the sense of entropy at work (thermodynamic application), in the sense of destroying old iconoclasms and bringing in the new more applicable versions.

Just like entropy though in respects to the dynamics of chaos, it all settles down eventually, until a new input arises... it's the transitions that make it fun, to me anyhow.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
-Substance over Style.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#4071689 - 04/19/05 09:17 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Psychoactive1984 said:

Interesting point... dogs chase their tails in circles about themselves as well, yet it doesn't get them anywhere, I don't see how thinking in a circular fashion will get us anywhere other then our initial position.

exactly my point...not

:thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: Circles and spheres... [Re: soulmotion]
    #4071698 - 04/19/05 09:22 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Like I said the universe deviates from circularity in sinusoidal intervals. Square and other pointy stuff is in bottom of the sinusoidal cycle (the lower peak), sphere is on top (top peak)

Put a lot of squares together, like billions of them put them in space, and they will form a sphere

--------------------

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #4071724 - 04/19/05 09:35 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

do check out itzak bentov's _stalking the wild pendulum_ for a deep look at the vibratory nature of the universe...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #4072471 - 04/19/05 01:58 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yes,
I had this same revelation.

When you think about the atom its round and so are planets.

I started thinking, maybe the whole universe was just another atom! :smile:

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #4072488 - 04/19/05 02:03 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

A place of relatively small and definite limits.

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #4073290 - 04/19/05 05:25 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

OldWoodSpecter said:
Quote:

Psychoactive1984 said:

exactly my point...not

:thumbup:

:lol:

Please go ahead and make your point in how thinking in a circular pattern will benefit us, beyond pointing out the circle's prominance, and tendency to exist; I don't see a reason to derive a philosophy on the basis of it, nor do I see what could be derived, please share your views. Or we might as well be chasing our tails :tongue:.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4073334 - 04/19/05 05:46 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Just your doggy analogy has a lesson. The thing can spend forever chasing it's tail in circles. Look at how people chase after things they believe are separate from them and out of their reach. The lesson in just that one YOU brought up is that the dog could just realize that what he thought was separate and chased after has always been a part of him and then, stop the cycle of running after things.

At the same time, I think some just do it for fun and exercise full well knowing its their own tail and just are pretending it's something they want and don't have-same as people. When you know you already have it all you get spoiled and lazy.

The only difference is, some know they are playing a game of pretend and make believe and some don't.

The dog knowing the score isn't in suffering after the tail. It's having fun. The dog that doesn't know the tail is connected to him and a part of him, is suffering chasing after it with want as if it isn't.

I could write a book on the lessons and wisdom of the circle, sphere and spin cycles. However, I think they mean the most when youstumble upon them yourself like Old Wood did.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: Circles and spheres... [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4073351 - 04/19/05 05:54 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

:lol: lessons of the circle. It's uncommon sense.

What I was suggesting is that to thinking in a circular fashion does no good, regardless of whether or not we believe in it or not; as ultimately, we don't step outside the boundaries of stated circle. Perhaps we needn't think in terms of shapes, but in terms of the consequences, and usages of beliefs.... the suggested message is meaningless, e.g. one can taut the form of communism that is utilized, and suggest that it's inspired... it's the end result that is important though, which is they ultimately end up as a dictatorship, as the proper theory, and the boundaries specified by stated theory are never actually implemented.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Circles and spheres... [Re: Gomp]
    #4073390 - 04/19/05 06:11 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

"think circular" ?
like(?);
~you could have created you, by being you? :wink:

What exactly would "think circular" mean for you?

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4073399 - 04/19/05 06:13 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

In the case of thinking or talking in circles the spiral can become introduced as a curved linear line. It allows for you to spiral up and down out and back covering what appears to be new ground and a new point of place but really, you end up back at the starting point.
:hypno:

You just now know more about the starting point from riding the spiral of it and feel like you went somewhere else because of its linear line. :hypno:

I'm going to shut up before I move into esoteric gibberish as what I already wrote in this one I think is. Sacred geometry is just another form for understanding ourselves and the universe like math is. :hypno:

You can google it. However, reading about it is sort of meaningless. I think you have to experience yourself as the geometrics or e able to relate them to yourself and experiences to realize and appreciate their functions in making the grand illusion possible.

They make up the underlying morph fields that support the structures of physical reality.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: Circles and spheres... [Re: Gomp]
    #4073537 - 04/19/05 07:00 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Gomp said:

What exactly would "think circular" mean for you?

That would mean whenever you can't figure out some things, a good place to look for a pattern is a circle or a sinusodial wave.

Unpredictable behaviour of systems, human life, trying to find balance etc..

If you know the equation you know an Y for every X , and the equation of the universe seems to be:

X^2+y^2=r^2

X is your question, Y is your answer, and r is the hidden god

--------------------

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #4073599 - 04/19/05 07:16 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

:grin: I like that, pattern analysis through circular interpretation.  :thumbup:

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#4073721 - 04/19/05 08:06 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Not always pure circular, but with with the idea on mind that a pattern might have roots in circle

For example, when you hear a sound of a trumphet and want to recreate it, you won't go to sine wave, you'll go to saw wave, but saw wave is made out of multiple sine waves

In essence, the circular pattern is mostly hidden unless it is obvious, like a shape of a planet.
It is hidden on different levels. A metal cube might not seem to derive from circular pattern on first sight, but on a micro level it is made out of many circular creations.
Fluctuations in companies might seem chaotic on certain levels, but
perhapse they follow sine waves on certain hidden levels.
Maybe the hidden level is the productivity of one worker during one month, or maybe it is the collective mood of all workers in one day.

Or time...if you look at a 10 minute interval in midday, there seems to be no vibration or circular motion, then you find the hidden level, 24 hours, and suddenly you see vibration..
or you go in oposite direction and you find that your watch is working on micro vibrations of a crystal.
A vibration is an expression of a circle

--------------------

Edited by OldWoodSpecter (04/19/05 08:08 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology