Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEGOed
Stranger
Loc: Texan by origin
Casing different strains together...
    #406862 - 09/27/01 09:07 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Is it a big no-no to case different strains together?... I have yet to try it and was just wondering if it is something I shouldn't do. Thanks.

... just joking.

--------------------
Looking for the answer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChemical_Smile
Making Love WithMy Ego
Loc: coming down fast, miles a...
Re: Casing different strains together... [Re: EGOed]
    #406883 - 09/27/01 09:21 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Disclamer: I am still new to this.
I think it would be a big no no. It would turn into a royal rumble for the different mycelium. I don't see any problem with using smaller trays and putting differnt strains in the same grow chamber as long as they all have their separate trays to play in. Hopefully you can get a response from someone more experienced than me to back up my answer. Good luck!

"For democracy any man would give his only begotten son"

OfflineEGOed
Stranger
Re: Casing different strains together... [Re: Chemical_Smile]
    #406902 - 09/27/01 09:31 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah unless I get more responses telling me otherwise I think that casing multiple strains together will remain something that I haven't done. I have had nothing but good luck with everything so far and I wouldn't want to screw it up... thanks.

... just joking.

--------------------
Looking for the answer.

OfflineEGOed
Stranger
    #406938 - 09/27/01 10:00 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

... I kinda thought that I just had trouble pulling results in the search field... thanks for the feedback.

... just joking.

--------------------
Looking for the answer.

Offlinedarkfly
LysergicExperimenter

#407010 - 09/27/01 10:56 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

If you are limited to using the same container, you can simply add some type of divider in between the halves of the casing.

darkfly

-- too much trippin and my soul is worn thin

--------------------
Everything Is Blue In This World. The Deepest Shade Of Mushroom Blue.

Offlinealuminum_can
addict
Loc: california, orange
    #407083 - 09/27/01 11:48 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

i think that the dominant strain would take over??? once i made a casing with a small casing layer (so i could put it straight into the terrarium with waiting) and then i placed a cake on top of it (the casing was pes hawian, and the cake was B+) the B+ cake was fruiting really well, and the pes hawian casing was pinning, but that was right during the time that i threw my shit away because of probation. the fruits on the casing were still too small to determine the strain, but when i made it i figured that the B+ cake would have B+ (of course) most of the casing would have pes hawians, and right arond the egde of the cake, but still part of the casing, i figured there would be either a cross strain, or i would find out the dominant one. too bad they were thrown away !!!!!!

it begins with an "m" and ends with an "ushroom"

get youre equipment from here!!!
Mushroom Mycology Shop

--------------------
the little kridders of nature; they dont know that thyre ugly!

OfflineSRPIN
Stranger
Loc: Clearwater, Florida
Re: Casing different strains together... [Re: aluminum_can]
    #407314 - 09/28/01 07:30 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Yo aluminum_can I want to know if you know the dry dose for the B+ strain? And maybe a picture? I grew some and don't know how to dose. I don't even know what they look like. I have writen to the vendors of the syringe and i get no reply. Please help.

--------------------
FROM THE LAB OF THE SMART RATS. PIN.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: Casing different strains together... [Re: SRPIN]
    #407464 - 09/28/01 11:50 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

eat 3grams dried or 30 wet for a good strong trip on about any cube.

-baraka

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlinealuminum_can
addict
Loc: california, orange
Re: Casing different strains together... [Re: SRPIN]
    #407472 - 09/28/01 12:11 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

you dont want to know the dosage that ill tell you!!! id recomend 27 almost dry grams (have them drying for only 5/7 days in the dessesant chamber only) thats what i did the second time i tripped!!!!! they were B+ too!! i found out now that those 27 almost dry grams were about 15-17 dry!!!! for you, maybe you should take aroung 5 grams. i noticed that the B+ were considerable weaker than the pes hawians i had, but that might have been because i grew the B+ invitro and grew the p hawians by casings and even a few cakes, and i also didnt have them under a fan for a dat either before i stuck them in the dessesant chamber. the B+ still got me fucked up though, i remember getting pretty fucked up, but you really had to try to be fucked up on them (unless of course you eat 27 grams) i never took any pictures of the B+ when i was growing them, so i dont have any pics. you can find out what they look like by going on websites and looking at the display pics that they have i guess??? i cant really explain what they look like, but they have a real distinctive look and once you see a few pictures youll be able to tell.

it begins with an "m" and ends with an "ushroom"

get youre equipment from here!!!
Mushroom Mycology Shop

--------------------
the little kridders of nature; they dont know that thyre ugly!

Offlinegusb232

Loc: pm me
    #407535 - 09/28/01 01:14 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

i am not so sure that just because they are different strains they will fight each other. As long as they are the same spiceis Cubensis i asume. FRom what i know about the definition of a species , which is basicly that they are geneticly compatable an can reproduce with each of other. I think it is a good way to introduce diversity and would result in the strongest cultures producing fruits. which normaly happens, its just that now you have more diverstiy of culturs in you casing.

The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible.
Eistein

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

Re: Casing different strains together... [Re: gusb232]
    #407724 - 09/28/01 05:09 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

WE SHIP TO CANADA FROM WITHIN CANADA :smile:

For your safety and security, we have a Secure Website.
Also for your security, we will not take your credit card number.
Your security and safety is of utmost importance to us.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures