Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMindBent
bentmind

Loc: somewere in the mind
rye jars
    #4068387 - 04/18/05 11:08 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

how long should it take to see myc start growing in my rye jars do u think,its only been barely 2 days now so I'm not to worried.but when should i expect to see growth.all so i had a problem when i went to suck up some liquid culture i just used the syringe that the spores came in an the needle wasn't big enough to suck up some of the snot balls.just wondering how some of you do it?
thanx for any reply>

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSammy
Between the fold

Loc: you'll shoot yer eye out ...
Re: rye jars [Re: MindBent]
    #4068399 - 04/18/05 11:17 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i shake the hell out of my karo jars and tilt them a little bit so the syringe is as deep as it can get. If your syringe isn't long enough.. you can always make a hole closer to the edge and tip your jar a little bit so the solution touches the syringe tip.

You should be waiting for another day.. or another week on those jars. Do you have an incubator?? What temps are they at??

Sammy

--------------------

I believe in the Golden Rule ? The Man with the Gold . . . Rules.
- Mr. T

OfflineMindBent
bentmind

Re: rye jars [Re: Sammy]
    #4068408 - 04/18/05 11:20 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

tit 84 temp
so shack the shit out of them,what if the liquid culture isent fully colonized the karo yet?will just any part of the karo do even if you cant see myc there?

OfflineSammy
Between the fold

Loc: you'll shoot yer eye out ...
Re: rye jars [Re: MindBent]
    #4068450 - 04/18/05 11:35 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Okay...

The way I do Karo Jars is simple. Punch a wee little hole (big enough for syringe to fit in) on the top of a mason jar lid. Find some saran wrap and double it up... big enough to fit on top of the jar.

Put 2 T of Karo in 1/2 pt widemouth mason jar. I prefer widemouths because the mason jar is wide and shallow.. allowing the syringe to almost touch the bottom.
Boil some water. Then, add the boiling water to the mason jar. QUICKLY... put the saran wrap over the jar, then add the jars lid.. then ring. Seal tightly. Apply a piece of tape to the hole on the top. Let cool for at least 6 hours. Peel back the tape and put 1-3 cc of spore solution (from your syringe) into there. Shake it every other day until you see a cloud of white crap in there. Keep shaking. .. the shaking doesn't hurt anything.. it just redistributes the live mycellium.

If you can see ANY white in there..there is a ton of it.. enough to do your jars!

happy 'noccin

Sammy

--------------------

I believe in the Golden Rule ? The Man with the Gold . . . Rules.
- Mr. T

OfflineMindBent
bentmind

Re: rye jars [Re: Sammy]
    #4068462 - 04/18/05 11:39 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

exellent man thanx for the help sammy. so what kind of syringe do u use?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag