Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetehborderican
Stranger
Harmful side effects of shrooms?
    #4067435 - 04/18/05 01:26 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Im new to this and was wondering, why are shrooms considered one of the worse drugs out there? Ive done a whole lot of research and cant find anything that make it the least bit harmful to your body. Can someone please tell me what are the true harmful side effects and where they stack up compared to other drugs. thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebatou
artist

Loc: colorado
Re: Harmful side effects of shrooms? [Re: tehborderican]
    #4067446 - 04/18/05 01:32 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

um... where did you do your research, the anti drug lobby?
the only thing i have found to be bad is if there is a chance of you being skitzo shrooms *might* help you along the way.

--------------------
The multiple troubles of man,
My brother, like slander and pain
Amaze you? Consider the heart
That holds them all in strangeness
And doesn't break.
"The Dude abides..."--jeffrey lebowski

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #4067554 - 04/18/05 02:33 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Shrooms are not physically harmful at all. You'd have to eat enough shrooms to pop your stomach to die.

Taking shrooms can have a profound psychological experience (some say good, some say bad). You likely will come back with a new outlook on life.

All other rumors about shrooms are wive's tales.

Magic, psilocybin shrooms are not poisonous, although there ARE poisonous mushrooms.

Shrooms are not addictive.

Shrooms do not make your brain bleed.

Shrooms are not laced with anything.

Shrooms will not make you trip FOREVER.

Shrooms do not harm your liver.

Tripper's FAQ WIKI: Look at that. There are some answers to any question you may have, and great links to books about tripping and mushrooms. You'll find it all... from fact to opinion.

And some important links:
http://www.shroomery.org/wiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MushroomTallTales
http://www.shroomery.org/wiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MentalIllness
http://www.shroomery.org/wiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NeverEndingTrip
http://www.shroomery.org/wiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FatalDose
http://www.shroomery.org/wiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LiverDamage2
http://www.shroomery.org/wiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MushroomFatal

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: Harmful side effects of shrooms? [Re: Rose]
    #4067567 - 04/18/05 02:37 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

If you call giggling/laughing, happiness and unification with all that is a harmfull thing than yes, the harmful effects are numerous.

confusion is probably the only big one.

--------------------

Invisiblekorins
Antisocialite

Re: Harmful side effects of shrooms? [Re: blink]
    #4067651 - 04/18/05 03:01 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I understand why people say that they are physically harmless, but why do most recommend use no more frequently than once a month. Is is just than anything stimulating a profound experience often can be psychologically harmful?

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4067930 - 04/18/05 05:19 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

the only risk is that of having an overwhelmingly strong experience, which can leave you psychologically traumatised for quite some time. however, if you are sensible (as with any drug) and choose your dose, setting and time correctly, you'll be fine.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Offlinealsey

Re: Harmful side effects of shrooms? [Re: korins]
    #4067931 - 04/18/05 05:20 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

most people get the most out of mushrooms if they do them a month or more apart. if you do them very frequently, its possible to get a bit detatched from reality.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

OfflineLortimus
Prodigy

Re: Harmful side effects of shrooms? [Re: alsey]
    #4067953 - 04/18/05 05:41 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I've heard that it does slight damage to the Liver, however if you onlu trip every two weeks or so your fine, as long as your not a heavy drinker on the side.

--------------------

Fear Lime Cat!

InvisibleLuvWallyWorld
Slack-jawedgawker

Loc: Midwest
Re: Harmful side effects of shrooms? [Re: Lortimus]
    #4068089 - 04/18/05 08:17 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Lortimus said:
I've heard that it does slight damage to the Liver, however if you onlu trip every two weeks or so your fine, as long as your not a heavy drinker on the side.

If you hear about kids in the newspaper eating "bad" (aka misidentified wild) shrooms that would be the only real risk to your liver. This is really a non-issue if you grow your own since not only do you chose the exact species of spore you order, but the exact strain. I guess if you grew your own and they were contaminated and you still chose to eat them for some reason you might get sick from that too. If you willingly eat a contaminated shroom (ie covered in fuzzy green mold) then you're an idiot and had it comin. Contamination is not exclusive to magic mushrooms for all you know, your aunt Hortence could grow gourmet white button mushrooms in her basement and they can get contaminated just the same so it really has nothing to do with magic mushrooms.

So ya, any reports of physical harm you hear of would likely come from either people who picked the wrong shrooms out in the forest or ate blatantly contaminated shrooms.

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4068170 - 04/18/05 09:19 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

why are shrooms considered one of the worse drugs out there?

Because you can feel uniquely, breathtakingly bad while on them. This looks just like you have gone insane, but its usually over well before the trip ends.

On the other hand, some people have (pre-existing?) psychological disturbances coming to the surface and manifest themselves after the mushrooms wear off. This is very rare.

People therefore connect 1 with 2 and think everybody at any time can go stark raving mad and psychiatric if they even look at a mushroom.

Usually the "bad effects" are limited to acute panic and anxiety attacks during or shortly after the trip.
After having studied it considerably I believe that a healthy person (but you cannot be certain you are!) has nothing to fear but bouts of fear itself during the drug action.

Compared to Opiates, Meth & Cocaine it is for your average Joe far less risky to use mushrooms. Your average Joe will tend to get addicted to the former, but will not go insane from the latter.

Like with any drug, however, some people should never have even a single dose.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: Harmful side effects of shrooms? [Re: Lortimus]
    #4068407 - 04/18/05 11:20 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Lortimus said:

Not true at all. This is an old wive's tale. Magic Mushrooms do not harm the liver, alcohol does. You trip every 2 weeks to a month, so your tollerance returns to normal. Frequent tripping makes for LESS INTENSE trips. Wait a few weeks and the experience will be more profound.

Quote:

Cervantes said:
Shrooms are not physically harmful at all. You'd have to eat enough shrooms to pop your stomach to die.

Taking shrooms can have a profound psychological experience (some say good, some say bad). You likely will come back with a new outlook on life.

All other rumors about shrooms are wive's tales.

Magic, psylocybin shrooms are not poisonous, although there ARE poisonous mushrooms.

They are not addictive.

They do not make your brain bleed.

They are not laced with anything.

You will not trip FOREVER.

Tripper's FAQ WIKI: Look at that. There are some answers to any question you may have, and great links to books about tripping and mushrooms. You'll find it all... from fact to opinion.

And some important links:
http://www.shroomery.org/wiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MushroomTallTales
http://www.shroomery.org/wiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NeverEndingTrip
http://www.shroomery.org/wiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FatalDose
http://www.shroomery.org/wiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LiverDamage2
http://www.shroomery.org/wiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MushroomFatal

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#4068422 - 04/18/05 11:25 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

alsey said:
most people get the most out of mushrooms if they do them a month or more apart. if you do them very frequently, its possible to get a bit detached from reality.

False,

If you do them very frequently, your tolerance will rise. If you trip too often, mushrooms will not have a profound impact on you... that is all. Take a break for a few weeks, or a month... and you're good to go again.

Remember it is The Shroomery's mission to STOP THE SPREAD OF MISINFORMATION CONCERNING MAGIC MUSHROOMS.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinealsey

#4068577 - 04/18/05 12:18 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

you can up the dose to bypass tolerance. i know someone very well who's quite detatched from reality due to frequent acid use. acid is not mushrooms, but i'd imagine a similar thing can happen from frequent mushroom use.

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#4068582 - 04/18/05 12:20 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Reality is relative and personal.

I am detached from your reality, and you are detached from mine, but we each have personal realities.

Happy 420th post.

Eventually, you'd need to eat a shitload of shrooms to trip due to tolerance... acid is easier to work around due to is TINY doses.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinealsey

#4068634 - 04/18/05 12:42 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

all i can say is i've seen someone get very fucked up from doing a lot of acid, and begin to return to normal once they stopped doing acid. i don't think its too stupid of me to think that a similar thing could happen from frequent mushroom use.

i don't know anyone else, or read about anyone else, or heard of studies done on anyone else, who did psychedelics that much, so i only have that experience to base stuff on. it was quite an extreme case, but it happened nonetheless.

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#4068651 - 04/18/05 12:49 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I believe someone can get burned out on acid, and I do believe that tripping too often... well... that can take a while to come down from.

Doing a lot of psychedelics will have a profound effect on you...

But, you say, he began to return to, "Normal" after he stopped.

Perhaps he just sobered up... it sounded like he was taking a LOT of acid and tripping a lot (detached from reality). When he stopped, he sobered up.

It seems your friend had a NORMAL experience, considering he tripped so much. Once he stopped tripping, he stopped tripping.

If you wait 2 weeks to a month between trips, you will not have this problem.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinemushiemountain
i am the sacredone
    #4068660 - 04/18/05 12:53 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

my law enforcement teacher showed us a video of some woman tripping on an unknown amount of mushrooms. he then proceeded to tell the class that when the video was taken it was 3 days after she ate the mushrooms and she continued to be in that state for the next 2 weeks. afterwards he said "mushrooms are unpredictable and have a reverse tolerance. someone can eat 1g of mushrooms for 2 weeks and on that 15th day eat the same amount and overdose." haha, i found it quite hilarious. then he also said mushrooms affect the front part of your brain that deals with senses and you start to see things that aren't there and hear things that aren't there. someone then asked "so if i was thinking of clowns, a clown would appear?" he responded "yes." man i love officer's knowledge on drugs.

--------------------
I Ain't No Fool. Mama Didn't Raise No Fool.
----------primussucks

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: Harmful side effects of shrooms? [Re: mushiemountain]
    #4068667 - 04/18/05 12:57 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Yes, THAT type of misinformation campaign has CONVINCED many people that mushrooms are harmful.

Countries like The Netherlands have had legal shrooms for years, if what the cop said is true, there would be EVIDENCE to back it up. I'm still looking for a person who OD'd on shrooms, or tripped and never came down. So far... nothing.

Anyway, this link is for ALSEY
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/1427364/page//fpart/all/vc/1

That will give you an idea of how safe Acid is.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinealsey

#4068670 - 04/18/05 12:58 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

well, yes, you're perfectly correct.

but the fact is, while he was doing acid every few days (for like 3 years), he literally lost all his friends, failed at college, and generally became very wierd. he just wasn't interested in reality anymore. by 'reality', i mean when he wasn't actually tripping. to me, that was a 'harmful side effect' of doing it too much. not a permanent one, but an effect doesn't have to be permanent to be harmful.

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#4068679 - 04/18/05 01:02 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

You are correct,

But let's not mistake your friend's constant tripping with actual HARMFUL, PHYSICAL side effects.

I'm sure if your friend took ANY substance that often, it would effect his social life... but he is fine both mentally and physically.

People who trip a lot tend to become anti-social because tripping is NOT socially accepted.

It is called a TRIP for a reason, when you come down, you may have jet lag... but it gets better, if you don't book another flight the next day.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom