Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCaptainCrunch
Contrary ToPopular Belief

Loc: Somwhere Over the rainbow
Starting outdoor bed with 2 half colonized cakes, Read moes tek,elaboration needed
    #4066774 - 04/17/05 11:41 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I am very worried about contams after reading about all the contams the attack indoor projects all the time, i also read moes tek and from what i under stand theres a very small chance of contams out doors due to uv.. So i have six jars currently incubating some are half way by day 8.. I relized that i could potentially loose all these cakes and have nothing to show for it.. Im gonna be preimtive and start a out door bed... I have a cow field right next to me so i can get all the shit i need from there.. HEres what i understand about it..dig a hole six inches in the ground as wide as want???(HOW WIDE)!, take your cakes crumble up half of them with some crumbled shit and mix together place in the hole.. Take some straw,and or grass that has been soaked for twenty four hours place over the subsrate..( do i soak the poo to?)Now tak your other cake/s place on top of that layer do not crumble then lay down some more uncrumbled poo, place some more hay and a little dirt on top.. ( how much dirt how much hay?).. then water every day.. (how much water.. And in five weeks or so assumeing the correct temps are in place.. you should have mushrooms.. Please correct me if im wrong add on to this, just help me out.. thanks :confused:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinejtk
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Starting outdoor bed with 2 half colonized cakes, Read moes tek,elaboration needed [Re: CaptainCrunch]
    #4066823 - 04/18/05 12:02 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Im getting ready to do an outdoor bed too. I was told by many people on here to do it this way: First dig a 8inch deep hole or so. Then put a thin layer of moist shit down. Then mix up some moist shit/straw/and crumbled cakes. Mix about 30-50% spawn with 30% poo and 10-20% straw. Water it a little. Then put a layer of potting soil, straw, or woodchips mixed together on top. Make this a thin layer only about 2inches. Then water it some more on the top. Keep it MOIST but not soaked. It should produce some large fruits over and over again.

--------------------
Don't let your brain tell your mind it can't feel

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation