Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf, Kraken Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Loc: Old Europe
Mitragynine not the main active in kratom
    #4057759 - 04/15/05 05:04 AM (19 years, 5 days ago)

During the last year or so there has been a lot of talk about 7-hydroxymitragynine, an extremely potent naturally occuring alkaloid in kratom. According to a new study it is now hypothysed that 7-hydroxymitragynine is the main active in kratom, not mitragynine.

I think this discovery will further push kratom to criminalization, since it will no doubt be used as a sales pitch, "Active principle 7-hydroxymitragynine, 17 fucking times stronger than morphine w00t!"  :frown: 

The abstract

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Mitragynine not the main active in kratom [Re: Young_but_cool]
    #4058805 - 04/15/05 12:27 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

Wow, that's really interesting. I hope you're wrong about this information becoming a marketing stradegy, but knowing the way things work.....

It's so silly that people would react to "17 fucking times stronger than morphine w00t!" considering that potency has to do with amount need for desired effects. From a purely recreational standpoint, I'd rather have morphine than kratom.

I'd be interested to see whether 7-hydroxymitragynine is habit forming in rats.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
Re: Mitragynine not the main active in kratom [Re: Twirling]
    #4061429 - 04/16/05 01:20 AM (19 years, 5 days ago)

god, I quit smoking and my head feels like it is going to explode.... kratom doesn't do that. Kratom is not addictive, or if it is it is very very mild compared to good old nicotene. Yah, ok I promise myself I just will never smoke again.

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

Invisiblestevo

Re: Mitragynine not the main active in kratom *DELETED* [Re: Fluxburn]
    #4062711 - 04/16/05 02:56 PM (19 years, 4 days ago)

Post deleted by stevo

Reason for deletion: .

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Re: Mitragynine not the main active in kratom [Re: stevo]
    #4062792 - 04/16/05 03:26 PM (19 years, 4 days ago)

Hum, I took kratom in a tea and it had almost no effect. I took a bunch of kratom, ground into a find powder and took a table spoon that was overflowing with the powder into my mouth and then chashed it with water. The effects lasted 3 then faded for the rest of the day. At some points the effects where very strong in the first 3 hours, similar to a oxy, yet not as strong physically. Yet kratom is still somewhat powerful, but a large dose of kratom wouldn't be even close to a small dose of oxy. They are just different effects, kratom is not addictive really at all and more mildly sedative. Oxy is addictive and more of a high seditive and physical effects.

--------------------

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Loc: Old Europe
Re: Mitragynine not the main active in kratom [Re: Twirling]
    #4065785 - 04/17/05 02:57 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

Twirling said:
It's so silly that people would react to "17 fucking times stronger than morphine w00t!" considering that potency has to do with amount need for desired effects.

Yes it's very silly indeed. I also think it's very silly that in so many vendors product descriptions they just have to mention that kratom possession equals death penalty in Thailand in an attempt to market it. Thailand is so reactionary they'll put you to death for anything, so it's not really that relevant.

Unfortunately legislators also picks up on silly pieces of info like that. If anyone is interested, the Australian salvia ban is funny in a sad way since it consists of cuts and pastes from old usenet posts, and has a lot of bizarre disinfo.

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

#4065954 - 04/17/05 04:35 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Hum kratom isn't anything that is scary. I think it should be legal for all times. It is not a probelm drug and can help you relax, man its a super slight relaxation tool.

--------------------

Offlinejaylien
Stranger
Re: Mitragynine not the main active in kratom [Re: Fluxburn]
    #4066170 - 04/17/05 06:02 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

What do you mean by scary? The effects of kratom can be quite overwhelming IME. It should stay legal but I think it's doubtful that it will because of how well it mimics the opiates.

I've only had very strong opiate like effects from kratom, but i usually consume atleast ten grams or more. If you really think one codeine pill has more of a narcotic feel than a good dose of kratom then you're probably not taking enough. Consume a half ounce of the commercial grade leaves and you might rethink you're position.

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Re: Mitragynine not the main active in kratom [Re: jaylien]
    #4066290 - 04/17/05 06:55 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

The first time I took oxy I threw away the other pill I had the next day. Oxy is so addictive and intense I thought it was best to throw it away.

--------------------

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4066325 - 04/17/05 07:06 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

I'll be really aggravated if they do make kratom illegal. It's really an incredible tool for opiate addicts and can help a great deal for pain as well. And it's not nearly as addictive as any opiate. But of coarse none of this stuff matters when it comes to the government. We could also be using a number of things to stop tolerance before it even starts and make that problem as minimal as possible... but no, they don't want to help anyone.. that's what it's all about.. ughhhh..

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf, Kraken Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract