Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Dehydrator, Rye Grain, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBlkXtasy
Stranger
Food Dehydrator (where in St. Louis??) & MES (Mushroom Ecosystem)
    #4065342 - 04/17/05 01:19 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I'm looking for a place to buy a food dehydrator in St. Louis, MO. Does anyone know? I've looked all over and I'm going to buy one off the net this week, but need it now. The desiccant shit doesn't work fast enough and I can dry shrooms in 5 hours with a food dehydrator.

Now, my next question is about the Mushroom Ecosystem (MES) from www.shroom.com. I saw the ad in High Times and peeped it out. It's very similar to how I use to grow shrooms in a closet with a Cool Mist Humidifier with the mist coming out. The humidier I just bought didn't have mist coming out, but invisible shit, which isn't what I wanted. I'm really thinking about buying this, but the price is $200, which includes a growing chamber, basically a plastic "tub" that I currently use to grow shrooms. Does anyone have information on is this really worth the money? From their pics, it looks like it!!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinepsilocyben
bad guy

Re: Food Dehydrator (where in St. Louis??) & MES (Mushroom Ecosystem) [Re: BlkXtasy]
    #4065361 - 04/17/05 01:27 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i wouldn't reccomend it-
as you move on to different techniques, you will find some of your equipment varies,
and you'll have to buy different stuff.

nesco american harvest (walmart)
if not, get one that has an adjustable thermostat,
and the temp is 100f or below.

--------------------

OfflineBlkXtasy
Stranger
Re: Food Dehydrator (where in St. Louis??) & MES (Mushroom Ecosystem) [Re: psilocyben]
    #4065368 - 04/17/05 01:32 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

psilocyben - You wouldn't recommend what? All cubensis mushrooms I've grew (probably around 10 diff strains) all grew using the PF Tek...I then used casing to grow in bulk, so my tech will stay the same. If it's not broke, don't fix it.

The Nesco American Harvest from Wal-Mart...are you in St. Louis? If so, which Wal-Mart? I've called the regular and super wal-marts and can't find shit...Target had them, but when I got there, they only had 1 on display and wouldn't sell it. The dehydrator I bought in the past didn't have a thermostat...it sent low warm heat through the stacked layers and my shrooms dried in about 5 hours with no problems ever!!!

InvisibleNeedMoreSleep
OCD = 100%Sterility :-)

Loc: One Inch ↑
Re: Food Dehydrator (where in St. Louis??) & MES (Mushroom Ecosystem) [Re: BlkXtasy]
    #4065370 - 04/17/05 01:34 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Are you referring to the site Shrooms.ca???  I'm pretty sure you are, and all I can say is absolutely do not purchase from this site, or any of the many sites that are just like this one, mirrored to it.  I'll let everyone else jump into why you shouldn't purchase from the dude known as the keeper... gl bro :stoned:

--------------------

"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil,
which we must fear most. And that is... the indifference of good men."
-Boondock Saints

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #4065372 - 04/17/05 01:34 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

1.) Walmart or a 2nd hand store.
Find an American Havest Snackmaster model.
You can find good deals on Food Dehydrator's at 2nd hand stores...if you have any near by...check em out.
You can usually find them in a 2nd hand store for less than $6.00 in like new condition.
Buy more than one if you can so you will have extra trays.
trays are 2 for $10 to $15 brand new.

This is the one you want.

2.) Don't buy that crap!~
That is a rip off.
Build your own stuff...there is a wealth of knowledge on this site about building your own stuff.

TC

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineBlkXtasy
Stranger
Re: Food Dehydrator (where in St. Louis??) & MES (Mushroom Ecosystem) [Re: Roadkill]
    #4065382 - 04/17/05 01:39 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

My best setup was a cool mist humidifer in a closet....in which the mist was visible. This does the same thing, but shoots it in a "tub," which I currently use. Cool mist showed me the greatest results...so, can anyone point to a setup that they currently use that I can go purchase now. My setup in 4 plastic tubs (just regular plastic things you buy at wal-mart to store shit)...I got them all linked with plastic tubes with sealant around the tubes to keep moisture in. I had a cool mist humidifier in 1 tub to try and send moisture through the other tubs...didn't work. I need something that will keep the cakes and my casing at a very good humidity and moisture level. The site is www.shrooms.com.

Thanks!

Offlinepsilocyben
bad guy

#4065391 - 04/17/05 01:44 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

BlkXtasy said:
I've grew (probably around 10 diff strains) all grew using the PF Tek...I then used casing to grow in bulk

casing, (no matter how many cakes you use,) is not bulk substrate.
bulk is a term that is used when you take spawn (pf wbs rye) and supplement a larger amount of substrate.

"if it's not broke...then don't fix it"
:what:
how is it that you ever expect to get any better at this if you don't aspire to be?

*as soon as you stop messin with cakes, you can achieve adequate RH  with misting alone

--------------------

Edited by psilocyben (04/17/05 01:47 PM)

InvisibleNeedMoreSleep
OCD = 100%Sterility :-)

Loc: One Inch ↑
    #4065393 - 04/17/05 01:44 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

look at the site i mentioned, its the same exact one!  actually there are several domains that this site is linked to.  this guy is known to be a scam artist, preying on newbs.  have you taken a look at how ridiculously priced his syringes are!?!?  BTW, the MES thing is just a fogger inside a pvc pipe, with some tubes coming out.  $200!?!?!?  You could build the same thing yourself for less than 30-40 bux... gl bro :stoned:

--------------------

"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil,
which we must fear most. And that is... the indifference of good men."
-Boondock Saints

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #4065394 - 04/17/05 01:45 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

http://www.shrooms.com./

Thats the Keepers(shane's) site...the guy is a total rip off artist.

Just look around his site and you will see all his over priced products.

His spore syringes are like way the fuck over priced!
And he renames the spore strains that he carries...to his liking.  :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Keeper = fucking loser!~

Don't buy anything from him!~

take care!~

--------------------
Laterz, Road

You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:

OfflineBlkXtasy
Stranger
Re: Food Dehydrator (where in St. Louis??) & MES (Mushroom Ecosystem) [Re: Roadkill]
    #4065794 - 04/17/05 05:05 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I appreciate all your help. The guy even went so far as to put the ad in High Times...that's interesting for a rip off...Anyway, I searched the forums and just went and bought a portable (plastic) closet and another ultrasonic humidifier...I'm good now...I wasn't aware of these portable closets.

Another thing, I've been growing shrooms off and on since 97...I don't have to try new things in regards to growing...I'm good! Trust me, I'm good...this is just for fun...not for money.

OfflineUnderhillmaster
The LemonProphet

Loc: Parts Unknown
    #4066761 - 04/17/05 11:37 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Well I have only been growing a little while, and I can tell you for sure that a lot of advances have been made in this hobby since '97 :smile:  Portable closets, like the Martha Stewart closet, are wonderful things and allow you to go vertical.  As for your 4 containers with a hose, if you get to a point where you want to use those in addition to your closet, you should research a PMP(poor mans pod).  Pmp's are automated like a closet setup and very easy to maintain. 

There are some very knowledgeable people that help here.  The community shares skills and experiences, to the betterment of us all.  There are always things to learn and always someone that knows more.  The hobby is fun and trying new things is interesting to some.  Good luck with your grow.

--------------------
If you cut off my head, what would I say? Me and my head, or me and my body?

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #4080015 - 04/21/05 04:56 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Another thing, I've been growing shrooms off and on since 97...I don't have to try new things in regards to growing...I'm good! Trust me, I'm good...this is just for fun...not for money.

With that kind of an attitude you won't go far in cultivation.

I don't care how good someone is...they can always learn something new and how to grow better.

have a nice day!~

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Brainiac said:

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #4080037 - 04/21/05 05:30 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I hear ya R/K. I?m only a mediocre cultivator. But a pretty good innovator.

Every time I get cocky, some spores watch me doing so??????, then decide amongst themselves, "let?s f*ck with this guy???.how about everybody pin like crazy, then stall when we are all about an inch tall, but not abort. That should drive him nuts". Or, "how about we all pin on one side of the tray & not the other".

Spores are DEVIOUS little f*ckers?.. who just want to have fun?too.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Dehydrator, Rye Grain, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation