Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Loc: Chocolate City
Re: The Famous B+
    #40646 - 07/11/98 10:25 PM (25 years, 8 months ago)

god damnit yur making me jealous.. hehe >:P

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: The Famous B+ [Re: BrAiN]
    #40648 - 07/12/98 12:36 PM (25 years, 8 months ago)

Didn't Herben cop to it being an Azure-cubenis cross recently?? I don't even know if such a thing is possible, but I tend to doubt it. And these photos pretty much confirm my suspicions. Are these REALLY just cubensis??? Workman, can you do a thorough species evaluation based on spores and characteristics?? IF (and I leave it as a capital IF) this strain really is just cubensis, then Herben has a lot to answer for...

Any potency reports yet??

OfflineMescalito
Stranger
    #40649 - 07/12/98 07:18 PM (25 years, 8 months ago)

Yep, it does look alot like a cube, but what about the viel? It looks to be cortinate (cobweb type not lingering on the stem). Have any of your outdoor fruits exhibited a viel like these? Cubes generally have a membranus (more sheath like) partial viel that lingers on the stem. It would be good to get to the bottom of this.

Anonymous

#40650 - 07/12/98 11:10 PM (25 years, 8 months ago)

workman, have you talked to Herben on this yet? i have a syringe in my 'fridge for a coupla months now...you have my attention.

Anonymous

#40651 - 07/12/98 09:42 PM (25 years, 8 months ago)

I was wondering about the species also. I inquired about it. see: "Azurescens Indoor Success" on this board. Supposedly, according to Herben's Web Page, they will be back online.

Anonymous

#40652 - 07/12/98 11:13 PM (25 years, 8 months ago)

now, why did my post jump b4 workmans?

Anonymous

#40653 - 07/12/98 11:15 PM (25 years, 8 months ago)

sorry wokman, this is too weird.

Aphex help!!

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Trusted Cultivator
    #40654 - 07/12/98 11:51 PM (25 years, 8 months ago)

I could have sworn that I posted something here about cubensis veils. Whats going on?

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

Anonymous

#40655 - 07/13/98 12:32 AM (25 years, 8 months ago)

The new message board has files for the messages (instead of CGI script output, which I guess is what the other used). This means you should force a reload of threads you want to look at again because your browser will use a cached version instead. In netscape, there's a reload frame (from the right mouse button menu, under unix anyway..)

Peace

Anonymous

#40656 - 07/13/98 01:49 AM (25 years, 8 months ago)

I think that you're right about the stem, Mescalito. It's been said that this strain is a cubensis/azure hybrid. I believe it. Herben's never let me down so far, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Going to case a pint's worth tonight. I'll let you all know how it goes...

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #40657 - 07/13/98 09:35 AM (25 years, 8 months ago)

Azure-cubensis hybrid, uh yeah thats it. How foolish of me.

--------------------
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

Anonymous

#40658 - 07/13/98 07:15 PM (25 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, workman...i seemed to have killed your post w/mine. i e-mailed Aphex, there seems to be a problem here. :frown:

InvisibleAphex
Co-Webmaster
    #40659 - 07/14/98 10:47 AM (25 years, 8 months ago)

Hopefully this was an isolated incident. I can't do anything to retrieve the message. Later, Aphex.

Anonymous

#40660 - 07/15/98 09:07 AM (25 years, 8 months ago)

The B's are sure enough azurescens. For god's sake, look at the stem. I checked them myself against my ID kit. They ARE azurescens. If in doubt, buy a microscope, they aren't that expensive. The picture you have looks like a very poor pure strain isolation. I would suggest you use a multi spore inoculation next time. I grew some from Herbens syringes and they are textbook perfect have very dark carmel, saucer caps, and are HUGE. Some of the largest weighted close to 30 grams fresh. I also suggest you buy a damn microscope and learn how to use it before accusing anyone of cheating you! As far as the Azurescen, cubensis cross, it is quite possible and has been done! It is a genetic hybrid, not natural. Herben's is a very, viable strain. I have grown it in my lab, and my students tell me the quality is fantastic! Mckenna and Stamets recently developed one and are marketing it through Pacific Exotica. It isn't nearly as good as Herbens and only 1 out of 10 prints even produces fertile spores. YOU owe Herben 2 BIG apologies. I hope you are big enough a man to admit you are wrong. If you still doubt, put your money where your ass is and pay someone to check the spores. I also know where Herben gets his spores. The man is a MD, and a Ph.D. He is a genius and has forgotten more then most of us will ever know. He is also very close friends with Stamets and Mckenna. He, sadly, is also a terminally ill man. People are scrambling now to put his knowledge on paper before it is too late.

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #40661 - 07/14/98 10:23 PM (25 years, 8 months ago)

The B+ in the photograph is a multispore culture. And I don't see how the stem appearance proves its and azurescens. Macroscopically it has all of the attributes of a cubensis. It lacks the viscid pellicle, fibrous stem, nippled cap and extreme bluing reaction of an azurescens. Its has a universal veil with tissue remnants remaining the on cap surface (not visible in photo) like a cubensis. Its growth habits on grain and lack of growth on wood are cubensis like. It grows best at around 85F. Kinda high for a temperate species. I have done all of the testing necessary to convince me that it is a cubensis or allied species. I doubt that a single microscopic piece of evidence would convince me otherwise.

I don't think Herben intentionally cheated anyone. I think that his supplier uses lots of big words, false qualifications and emotional arguments to convince him that all of the growers are idiots. Of course I could be wrong. :wink:

On a lighter note, the B+ strain is very viable, grows quickly and is more potent than the PF cubensis strain. I would recommend it to any cubensis grower.

--------------------
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram

Anonymous

#40662 - 07/15/98 07:11 PM (25 years, 8 months ago)

Is it as resistent as the PF strain? - i don't know anything, but fanaticus says his strain is a beauty and it is very resistent

Anonymous

#40663 - 07/19/98 07:43 AM (25 years, 8 months ago)

Whatever some of you guys say, a hybrid of Cubensis and Azurescens is just not possible. Very sad, but true. Anyway if it is a very good strain it is still worth growing it.
I doubt that you can change the characteristics of a strain (growing on wood) so much. All azurescens strains i know of grow very good on rye, but they also grow nicely on wood. The pictures are also very typical for Cubensis....
Later,
Art.

Anonymous

#40664 - 10/18/00 06:53 AM (23 years, 5 months ago)

Hey everyone, www.Herbal-Shaman.com sells the B+ and claims it's the cross breed. He also says that it has a wide variety of ways it can grow. Maybe some folks are just mixing B+ & Az together in a syringe & selling it.

FOAF who grew B+ had Cubensis though... but weirdly enough they did indeed have that excessive bluing.

OfflineMycelium5150
Check theDate!!!!
    #40665 - 10/18/00 12:09 PM (23 years, 5 months ago)

what the hell are you doing digging this up. What are you new here. It isnt a azure cube cross.

--------------------
Mad skills, you know this!!!

I am here to Myth Bust

Offlinetom
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Nope
    #40666 - 10/28/00 03:16 AM (23 years, 5 months ago)

Only a fool would go and dig this old topic up.

--------------------
"It must be your stamps girl... cause it aint your face" -- Juvenile

"Only in America does someone order a cheese burger, large fries, and a diet Coke" -- ?

"DXMHEAD420 ripped me off and was an ass about it too" -- Myself

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale