Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineivi
 User Gallery

Roskilde
    #4064784 - 04/17/05 05:44 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Hello !
My name is David from Gimle, the Roskilde Student House (www.gimle.dk). If you are interested by live music and the 2nd biggest festival in Europe, please read this email carefully.
In 3 months will be the Roskilde Festival 2005, with Audioslave, The Foofighters, Snoop Dogg, Brian Wilson (BeachBoys), Green Day, Carl Cox, The Dears, Duran Duran, Efterklang and more (see the list on www.roskilde-festival.dk/object.php?obj=539000c&code=1 but more names will be revealed later).
To have a look at last festival site opening just click
www.roskilde-festival.dk/object.php?obj=37ef0029&code=1
This email is about becoming a volunteer at Roskilde Festival, get free entrance to the festival while activelly take part into it, and get a cool experience. Many young europeans are expected to help arranging the biggest nordic festival and second biggest in Europe ! Roskilde Festival (www.roskilde-festival.dk) is a huge music festival carried through by 18,000 volunteers and a dozen full time staff. Each year, any profits from Roskilde Festival are donated directly to the Roskilde Charity Society, which, in turn, donates the money to humanitarian or cultural purposes benefitting people all over the world (IC/ESN Roskilde, Gimle and many local sport clubs are supported this way).
For general informations on volunteers at the festival, check the festival?s
www.roskilde-festival.dk/object.php?obj=c1000c&code=1

The work will be ?camping gard?, meaning mainly patrol and social interaction with our campers-guests. You will get a 2h introduction on safety rules and procedures.
You can put your tent in the camping area and sleep there if you wish. Last year our volunteers had organised their own cosy camp right on camping J.
What we propose you is to get free entrance to the festival in exchange of around 28 hours of volunteer work (the minimum is 24h but it?s more realistic to count 28h).
You will probably have to make at least one shift (8h) during the concert time so there will be few bands you cannot see. If you really don?t wanna miss any bands please let me know in due time (in this case you will have to make 4 shifts).
Otherwise you have to make sure that you are in Roskilde and available from the Saturday 25/06/05 at 15.00 to the Tuesday 05/07/05 at 07.00 because you can work at that moment. If you cannot work one particular day (exam f.e.), you have to inform me as soon as possible. I will always TRY (this is quite complicated with so many volunteers) to have you working with your friends.
One last thing : those who will volunteer will have to take this work seriously. We make a contract between you and us, to ensure that you show up for in good time for your shifts, don?t come drunk, etc... (anything I am sure you wouldn?t do but that we?ve seen in the past, unfortunately). As ?vagt? or ?gards? you will have a responsability over the guests. That include being able to react appropriately in case of emergency (health, fire...). You will get more details about this during an obligatory 2 hours course.
You are more than welcome to tell your friends about this opportunity.
I have put detailed informations (a map of the festival area, a precise
guidelines for volunteers and many nice pictures where you have to imagine
you are the guys with the orange jacket) on our server, so check :
http://gimle.adsl.dk/sonordicA/Others/RoskildeFestival/RoskFestival04Overview

If you, or your friends, are interested, please answer that email by sending me some personal informations :
? birthdate (for example : 12.12.1972)
? First name (f.e. Bob)
? Lastname or Family name (f.e. Marley)
? Adress (in Danmark or in your home country)
? City name (f.e. Roskilde)
? Post number (f.e. 4000)
? Nationality
? Mobile phone number
? Other phone number
? Email

http://gimle.adsl.dk/sonordicA/Others/RoskildeFestival/RoskFestival04Overview
We have a forum on Roskilde University International Club website :
www.international-club.ruc.dk/New/index.php/Forum/Music. You can post all your questions there and i will gladly answer. You?re also welcome to write me directly.
Thank you very much for your attention.

Yours sincerely,

David Saturnin-M?zic(re
www.gimle.dk
Ringstedgade 30, DK 4000 Roskilde
Office : +45 46 37 19 82 Mobile : +45 22 47 36 01 Fax : +45 46 32 12 23

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Roskilde [Re: ivi]
    #4064812 - 04/17/05 06:13 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I've been a "camping gard" on a festival in the Netherlands and it's pretty cool to do sometime. Also when you have free time you can still see concerts and party. Overall a good experiance :thumbup:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub