Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Loc: Passing through the bulk Flag
LSA Isopropyl
    #4063425 - 04/16/05 08:03 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Here's my question...

I was recently reading on overgrow that you can make a hash like oil with Isopropyl alcohol, by just soaking leaves in a jar with it, and then letting the resulting goo evaporate. You then smoke this or eat this...

Everything i've read about LSA extractions don't even mention isopropyl though, all they talk about is ethanol or methanol, and naptha of course to remove the baddies.

What i'm wondering is why can't isopropyl be used for LSA? I realize THC and LSA are two completely different chemicals, but if ethanol works for both, shouldn't Iso as well?

Please only people who know what they talk about for this one too... normally i relish hearing peoples opinions, but everyone seems to have 3 or 4 thousand when it comes to this; i only really wanted to know this from a chemist or a first hand experience.

Thanks everyone! And i did do a search on this, but like i said very few remarks come up about isopropyl, and none of them are definitive.

And also, if any dear soul wants to actually explain to me why it could or couldn't work from a scientific basis, then i'm all for that too. I can't promise to understand, but i'll promise to try. :grin: :stoned: :mushroom2::strokebeard:

--------------------
Will all the big boomers please unveil, please unveil, please unveil.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShiin
Orthodox Christian

Re: LSA Isopropyl [Re: Hrethic]
    #4063490 - 04/16/05 08:36 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Sup, ive used isopropyl extraction with morning glory and gave the left over residue to a friend who only tripped a bit if at all compared to what he said.And im talking about three good sized pills worth of it, so i dont know if that weakened its effects or not. If your planning on using the extracted lsa id sugest eating them raw, or doing a water extraction, both are ten times more powerful then the other extractions even if you extract with 100% petroleum ether the trip wont be as intense.This is from personal expierience, all in all if you want to try it id say go for it , but 2 me it was a waste of time. lataz

--------------------

Respect...............

Everything I state is strickly false information.

"I do not take drugs, I am drugs" Salvador Dali

God destroyeth the wisdom of the wise, by the foolishness of preaching, and calleth not the wise, mighty, and noble, but the foolish, weak, and men of no account.

1 Corinthians 1:27

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #4063615 - 04/16/05 09:24 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah man you should be able to use Isopropyl just fine. You should use naptha first though, since that will remove the stuff that makes you nauseous.

Shiin, that's interesting you should say that water is more powerful, because I've always found it to be not as powerful, because alcohol removes more than water...maybe you used different amounts of seeds or something?

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Re: LSA Isopropyl [Re: Shiin]
    #4063623 - 04/16/05 09:27 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I've tried a cold water extraction two times. The first time i got good results (similar to a 2 gram shroom trip or so) and the second time i used more and got more sick with less effects, most likely because i threw up, and didn't the first time.

I'm interested in an iso extraction because it's so cheap to buy so much, and because from what i've seen it evaporates to nothing. I'm almost positive i wouldn't be harmed if i did it this way... but better to ask people who know rather than not and die. Dying isn't on my to do list.

--------------------

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

#4063631 - 04/16/05 09:29 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Isopropyl alcohol is volatile, and so will evaporate fairly quickly. Unless you're using pure 100% isopropyl alcohol, the evaporation will be slowed slightly the more water there is in it (e.g. 70% rubbing alcohol = 30% water). You shouldn't apply heat to it though, because LSA is heat sensitive. If anything, you're best bet would be a fan.

--------------------

- John Mayer

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineShiin
Orthodox Christian

#4063645 - 04/16/05 09:33 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Yea Hrethic i dont plan on dying either lol. This MG stuff is tricky, yea blaney i might have used a different quanity of seeds, ive done the extraction a couple of ways and water is my favorite so far, but ill have to do each again as my alcohol extraction probaly wasnt as good as urs first time around. Ill try Isopropyl alcohol while its on topic. lataz

--------------------

Respect...............

God destroyeth the wisdom of the wise, by the foolishness of preaching, and calleth not the wise, mighty, and noble, but the foolish, weak, and men of no account.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

#4063658 - 04/16/05 09:35 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah water's fairly effective, but did you get sick at all from it?

--------------------

- John Mayer

OfflineDannyKindbuds
Drunkenite
 User Gallery

Loc: Buford GA
Re: LSA Isopropyl [Re: dblaney]
    #4064033 - 04/16/05 11:23 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

you can use isopropyl, ic done it, but the end result isnt as "enjoyable" to consume

--------------------
respect, not just consume

-Dann K. Buds

OfflineDannyKindbuds
Drunkenite
 User Gallery

Loc: Buford GA
Re: LSA Isopropyl [Re: DannyKindbuds]
    #4064037 - 04/16/05 11:24 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

now heres one, try throwin the seeds in naptha, finishin that step up, and soakin them in the ethyl with some nuggets, and then finishing

hashid?

(lol)

--------------------
respect, not just consume

-Dann K. Buds

OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Re: LSA Isopropyl [Re: DannyKindbuds]
    #4064217 - 04/17/05 12:17 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

CHEMISTRY LOVERS UNITE!?

Anyone with a degree? Or better yet, anyone with a link to a place that has someone with a degree who says this will or won't work? I honestly think it will, but when it comes to my health i don't fuck around. I know you all understand that :strokebeard::mushroom2::stoned:

--------------------

OfflineShiin
Orthodox Christian

#4064817 - 04/17/05 04:17 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Yea blanley, I fell asleep after I had dosed on it, about 30 mins after, then I woke up and was nauseas for 30 mins or so. Then i was fine after that, tho the whole trip i had a wierd feeling in my stomach, not like lsd or shrooms but a wierd feeling which lasted the whole trip, i couldnt notice it unless i thought about it.

--------------------

Respect...............

OfflineNESpores
Formerly MyLady
Male User Gallery

Loc: Vermont USA
    #4065622 - 04/17/05 01:23 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

the reason that most extraction tutorials/processes mention methanol and ethanol is because, for the most part, they are the most powerful solvents.
For example, pure ethanol works awesome for Salvia D extractions, but when i wasted and entire 1/4 Oz on an ispopropyl, let me tell you, the minor closed eye visuals very much upset me.

all in all, just make some moonshine for your extractions, tiss what I do

happy experiments

--------------------
Did your grow fail, and now your out of spores? Problem Solved. Check out my CakeSaver Tek.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5236115/an/0/page/0

OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Re: LSA Isopropyl [Re: NESpores]
    #4070127 - 04/18/05 07:48 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Does no one know of a reputable source for this information. I've been cruising around the internet for days now and still haven't found a thing... very odd

--------------------

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #4070811 - 04/18/05 10:36 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

you are probably not going to find what you are looking for on the net.

you can however find all of that stuff out if you leave the lsa part out. solvent wise anyway.

as for the lsa, according to a shroomerite here "lsa" isnt necesarily the acive ingredient(s). its apperently unkown. i made a thread in the gardenabout lsa. this is where you will find his post.

i have tried 99% iso on 55 rivea seeds. it worked, tasted like shit, and im not a chemist. nothing remotly close.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder