Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineYenpop
Midnight Toker

Loc: Georgia, US
Bad Choices, 1st Trip, ...
    #4063624 - 04/16/05 11:27 PM (12 years, 9 days ago)

I recently just had my first trip this wednesday, and I cant say the first half of it was making me want to trip ever again....

It all started when I bought these shrooms from this kid who had told me they were possibably the strongest shrooms hes had...he took an eight (this was probably his 20th time tripping)and he said it was way too much for him and he had to throw it all up, trip over...

Well I ended up buying an eight from him and I decided I couldnt wait til the weekend and I had to sit around the next day so Id have a chance to sleep, So I waited til 10:30 that night, after fasting all day, and made myself a shroom pb n j. I quickly ate it and drank a cup of orange juice. I still live with my parents (one more year...) so I decided Id goto my room before they said something to me, I went and sat down and watched some tv, called some friends waiting for something to happen....

Then I started thinking wierd shit like my arms look too long or my fingers are too stubby.... I went to my bathroom and I noticed my shampoo bottles shifting and shit it wierded me out and when I went back to my room every single thing was breathing and I could of sworn my carpet was growing...however slowly... most of the time coming up I was on the phone. I noticed it calmed me down, but after awhile nobody could/wanted to talk so I sat watching tv and then peoples bodies were getting all distorted, like their bodies would be like big "c"s  and when a show started I noticed some light stands they should be normally standing straight where all at wierd angles.

This is when I started freaking out, I thought I should try listening to music to calm myself down but when I put my headphones on I thought they were attacking me, that coupled with the fact the music sounded really slow I decided that it wasnt too calming. I crawled under my covers on my bed and then I started thinking like why are they so long...big w/e. I tried sitting in my chair watching tv again when I heard my parents going to their room, it freaked me out cause there voices seemed really close to my room and then the phone rang (I later found out it was someone i called on my homephone and they thought it was my cell) at 12:15 so I was freaking out like my parents are going to be pissed and there going to come in here to talk to me... it never happened but it got me all wierded out for a bit. Then things started getting intense I tried turning off the lights... it didnt work the room was glowing and lights were flashing out of no where, I turned the lights on again and I thought the whole room was turned on the side and everyhthing looked like it was on one side of the room...I look at my chair and covers and the patterns where changing/moving.

I was so tired I was flipping out also so I decided (stupidly) after 2 and 1/2 hours in Id try throwing it up...it didnt work I threw up into the toilet and the throw up looked like there was a whole shroom sitting in it so i decided to touch it...ewww bad idea it was just puke.. I tried calming down and I called a good friend and I got paranoid cause his repsonses on the phone seemed so delayed I hung up on him then I noticed my tub filling/draining with water and my towel hanging on the curtain rack waving crazily.

It only got more intense frome here on (It felt for a short period of time like it went away when I went downstairs but when I sat down i felt it again and rushed back to the safety of my room) I looked at my arms and hands and they semed to turn into baby hands...that freaked me out so I tried watching tv and for some reason espn souded like a good idea, well there was a basketball game rerun from earlier on and the players arms and legs seemed to strech out sooo long and there bodies and heads shrank. The commentators voices messed with me too since they seemed slow and I couldnt see the people talking. I turned the tv to a channel with no shows (the guide channel) and turned the volume down, turned of the lights and put the covers over my head I could here everything the tv was saying and it seemed so goddamn loud...then the voices started to echo (The the new the new show new is is good is good) I was really freaki gout and I decided to turn off the tv and lay down... well this point I dont remember too much I remember when I got up the walls started flashing red...wierd because they are red..but it was different like the walls were white with a red strobelight.Before I passed out I was hearing jazz music without anything in my room on...wierd shit I remember thinking i was in a dream world when my eyes were closed then I would open them thinking it had been 2 hours ...with like 2 minutes passing and thinking i was at this wierd restaurant... At 2:30 I came back to uhhh conciousness and I peaked again (everyone told me that these shrooms have two peeks I dunno if this is possible but It sure as hell felt like it
This peek was much better than the last in the way it was more fun and less intense on me, I remember seeing a human like thing dancing infront of my clock, seeing a hole in my wall and putting my hand thru it....I dunno what I actually did but It felt like i did, feeling my face and thinking my hands were huge and my face was tiny, the room blurring all around me and my skin moving in the mirror, it wore off around 4:50 (the last time I remember looking at the clock)

I ended up buying another eight today and I am wondering how much I should do (Im going to do it tonight) and what I should do to make the trip better tonight :mushroom2:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSkinnymofo
lalala
Loc: Seattle
Re: Bad Choices, 1st Trip, ... [Re: Yenpop]
    #4063682 - 04/16/05 11:42 PM (12 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

I ended up buying another eight today and I am wondering how much I should do (Im going to do it tonight) and what I should do to make the trip better tonight

its best to wait atleast a week inbetween experiences as tolerance plays a huge effect
Quote:

I still live with my parents (one more year...)

how old are you?

OfflineYenpop
Midnight Toker

Re: Bad Choices, 1st Trip, ... [Re: Skinnymofo]
    #4063724 - 04/16/05 11:52 PM (12 years, 9 days ago)

17, senior in HS, 18 in two weeks

--------------------
"The infinite vibratory levels, the dimensions of interconnectedness are without end. There is nothing independent. All beings and things are residents in your awareness. " Alex Grey

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #4063849 - 04/17/05 12:29 AM (12 years, 9 days ago)

Damnit.  This is the part of the job I hate.. but this site is for adults only and unfortunately in this country that means that we can't have minors under the age of 18 years participating here.  I'll just close by saying that it sounds like you may not have been fully prepared for the mushroom experience.  I also imagine that a lot of the people you may have spoken to about the experience have tended to embellish and over simplify their descriptions of the experience.  Mushrooms are a very strong substance, and for the naive (first time) user they can be downright frightening - but they also have the potential to be eye-opening and freeing!.. casting a whole new light of perception upon our reality and way of life. 

I strongly suggest that you wait at least a few weeks for your next trip.  Why be in such a hurry?.. you have so much time and could trip a thousand times if you felt like it.  Let your mind recover from such a strange and unknown state so that when you trip again, you will have had time to reflect upon your first experience and learn from it.. then, perhaps you will be able to better enjoy your next experience and not run into the same anxiety that plagued your first trip.

One thing that mushrooms, and mushroom cultivation in particular, teaches us, is that patience is one hell of a virtue!  Take it slow, be informed, and don't use these drugs for the sole purpose of escape or else you will be much more prone to a bad experience.  Know your mind, know your substance, know your source!

See you in two weeks :mushroom2:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineKodath
strangerThan

Re: Bad Choices, 1st Trip, ... [Re: geokills]
    #4063872 - 04/17/05 12:35 AM (12 years, 9 days ago)

Doing them alone for the first time in your room with your parents at home and awake is a very bad setting to begin with. The big mistake kids make with drugs of any kind is taking them in a situation where they could be found out by their parents, and it brings so much paranoia into the experience that it ruins the whole trip.

Choose your setting more carefully next time, it really is the most important factor in a trip (that and your state of mind going into the trip). Hope your next one works out better.

--------------------

Life: Main event at the MGM Grand. Murphy's fighting Occam, and you're in the stands.

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: Bad Choices, 1st Trip, ... [Re: Kodath]
    #4064098 - 04/17/05 01:41 AM (12 years, 9 days ago)

shit, sucks you got banned! Well I'm sure you will still be able to read this so I'll comment anyways.

Definitely wait a little while until you trip again. At least a month. Take time to integrate the experiance.

Everything you experianced sounds compeletely normal. In fact it sounded like a fun ass trip, except that you just kept lettin' everything "freak you out". Crazy visuals? Extreme distortion of time? Your room was sideways? I would'a been enjoying the hell out of that shit!

My suggestions:

1)don't do it around your parents. Wait till they go out of town or something.

2)Don't watch the damn TV. Why dumb down your trip with mediocrity? There are way more cool and interesting things to do while tripping than watch TV!

3)You will find that internal stimulation like thoughts, emotions, imagination/fantasy, ect. is much more exciting then external stimulation like visuals, music, textures, etc.

4)Unless you want to trip that hard again, eat less shrooms. But it sounded like a fine and dandy dose to me!

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Re: Bad Choices, 1st Trip, ... [Re: Kodath]
    #4064126 - 04/17/05 01:46 AM (12 years, 9 days ago)

Agreed.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, set and setting are the single two most important variables in any psychedelic excursion.  If you are in a comfortable setting where you won't be bothered and have your own space to "chill out" and your mindset is in a good state, you can't help but have a good trip! :laugh:

It's all about being comfortable and taking a voyage into the unknown.  Anything that may stress or bother you normally, has the potential to do so ten-fold under the influence :wink:

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #4064150 - 04/17/05 01:52 AM (12 years, 9 days ago)

Thanks for stopping by geo. :smile:

Geo's an old-school Trip Tips Mod.

Go ahead... kiss his ass...

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Re: Bad Choices, 1st Trip, ... [Re: Rose]
    #4064181 - 04/17/05 02:03 AM (12 years, 9 days ago)

Thanks Cerv.. my ass needed a good cleaning lol! :lol:

Much :heart: for this forum.. just haven't had enough time lately now that I'm focused on being able to retire at age 33 :grin:

.. but I will make an effort :mushroom2:

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #4064194 - 04/17/05 02:07 AM (12 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

geokills said:
..I will make an effort :mushroom2:

Towards early retirement or visiting more often? :tongue:

Can I borrow a few $$$? :smile:

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleChikitta
Re: Bad Choices, 1st Trip, ... [Re: Rose]
    #4064762 - 04/17/05 05:25 AM (12 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

I still live with my parents (one more year...)

I'd advise against tripping if you live with your parents - especially if they are home. You can get pretty paranoid when tripping anyway and having your parents in the house will only add to that.

Next time try tripping with a friend and lower the dose a little. It sounds to me like you rushed in to it a bit and obviously weren't prepared for what happened.

Wait a week before the next trip too.

Have a good one :smile:

OfflineYenpop
Midnight Toker

Re: Bad Choices, 1st Trip, ... [Re: Chikitta]
    #4173942 - 05/14/05 10:45 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Well I guess I got what I deserved, I tripped again, took a taxi to a nearby friends house who was drinkin, and I ate another eight, it wasnt as strong but I think having drunk firends around me kept it down, then my cell phone starts ringing, its my home, I went home seeing if they would let me back in...they did and they brought me to a behavioral and drug rehad hospital...where I had to stay until I was 18 damnit....

I made the worst decisions ever since I was just impatient....I feel so retarded :rolleyes:

--------------------
"The infinite vibratory levels, the dimensions of interconnectedness are without end. There is nothing independent. All beings and things are residents in your awareness. " Alex Grey

Edited by Yenpop (05/14/05 10:46 AM)

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #4174069 - 05/14/05 11:53 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Damn dude. :shake:

Hope you get out soon!

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineDimmy
Josephacetious
 User Gallery

Loc: Georgia
    #4174086 - 05/14/05 12:00 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

one thing i try to aviod if at all possible while tripping is drunk people. drunkenness and psychedelics just don't mix. too bad to hear about the rehab. so long as u learned something from your mistakes then they weren't a totall waste.

--------------------
:goose:

Offlineunearth
Stranger
Re: Bad Choices, 1st Trip, ... [Re: Dimmy]
    #4174150 - 05/14/05 12:36 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

rehab for mushroom? how stupid is that

OfflineYenpop
Midnight Toker

Re: Bad Choices, 1st Trip, ... [Re: unearth]
    #4177398 - 05/15/05 10:13 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah everyone else there was addicted to crystal meth or herion...I felt pretty stupid

--------------------

OfflineNirvana7
stupid doodiehead, class 7
Male

#4177508 - 05/15/05 11:16 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

damn dude, that sounds like a bad few trips. dont give up though. i myself have never shroomed due to the level of difficulty i have finding someone to buy shrooms from (that will soon change, yay!) but i know enough to say that if you respect the shrooms and just go with the flow youll have a good time. dont let these experiences turn you off of shrooms, just read all the good trip reports on the main page.

--------------------
________zombie_________

??????? ??  :bubs:??????????:tombstone:

Nirvana7=the enlightenment AND the band

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience