Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Pink Floyd

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePiperAtThyGates
Pinkfloydiac

Perfect setting..
    #4063291 - 04/16/05 09:04 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Hey guys...

Just thinking of some last minute plans for my trip, (which should take place on this Sunday.) One thing im worried about is the setting. Quite honestly im can get pretty paranoid when Im high on pot. Whenever i hear a noise in my room when Im sleeping I always lean up to see what it was. Im just worried that something bad could happen like this during my trip. I have read some terrrible storys about Bad tripsfrom some people on this web page, and I really wanna avoid that.

I plan to just lay in my room with two of my friends (all first timers planning on consuming 1.5 grams each.) And just chill and listen to a lot of Pink FLoyd.

Anything I should know?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Perfect setting.. [Re: PiperAtThyGates]
    #4063607 - 04/16/05 11:20 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Will there be other people around that could get disturbed if you make loud noises? If there are I would try to find a different setting, because, at least with me, I feel too restricted if I have to not talk too loud or run around just for the hell of it.

Make sure you have some entertaining things to do, or just are with people who are cool to talk with.

Have an awesome time man :peace:

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

Loc: Southern California
Re: Perfect setting.. [Re: dblaney]
    #4063679 - 04/16/05 11:41 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

1.5g really isn't enough to be worried about, especially if you're around friends. Just keep the music going and the mood mellow, sit back and try to relax. Actually, you might be a little disappointed on that dose. I'm not saying to up it, because personally I think its a good starter dose, just that you're not going to get the kind of effects you might be thinking. Just remember to relax and try not to dwell on anything that might bother you. Also remember if you're feeling uncomfortable, like your trip is starting to go south, change something. Quick. If the music is loud, turn it down. If all the lights are on, turn some off. If the fan is on high, turn it on low. When on things like mushrooms is hard to put your finger on things that are bothering you.

Good luck, man. I'm sure all will go will since its a pretty low dose. Hopefully you'll enjoy it so you can move up to a stronger dose next time and really see what your mind can do.

OfflineNickSoapdish
Hypochondriac
Male

Re: Perfect setting.. [Re: PiperAtThyGates]
    #4063705 - 04/16/05 11:48 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

personally, mushrooms give me the strong desire to be outside. On my first trip, I was sitting in my friends house and I started to feel really uncomfortable and claustrophobic. I decided to go for a walk and immediately I felt much better. From that point on I enjoyed the trip.

Just something to consider if you start feeling uncomfortable. Taking a walk outside and getting some fresh air can be really refreshing, particularly if youre gonna be in a small room with a few people.

--------------------

OfflineKodath
strangerThan

Re: Perfect setting.. [Re: NickSoapdish]
    #4063879 - 04/17/05 12:38 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Nature is definatly a great place to trip, everything is so warm and comforting. I do the same thing when I start to feel agitated during a trip, just go for a walk and when I get back I feel much better and enjoy the rest of the trip nicely.

--------------------

Life: Main event at the MGM Grand. Murphy's fighting Occam, and you're in the stands.

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: Perfect setting.. [Re: Kodath]
    #4067113 - 04/18/05 01:33 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Ill just say that you should definitely be outside, without a doubt. I took that much my first time (actually 1.75, but that doesnt matter).. and i was perfectly fine whever I was. I was really nervous beforehand, and I kept asking everyone questions (liek this) and everyone got really annoyed with me and just told me to take them and not worry... and in retrospect, thats what i should have done. There is nothing to fear on a smaller dose like that, and this is coming from someone who thinks way too much and worries all the time.

I went outside with my friends and laid on this hill, we sat there for 6+ hours just talking.. i would highly recommend having someone with you whose tripping, otherwise being by yourself might be kind of meh until youre used to it.

btw, after i was done tripping, i came into my dorm room and it was a huge buzz kill.. seeing everything related to normal everyday life sucked.

Anything that doesnt promote to the goal of self-learning will not be appealing.

ok sorry for the length of that, im pretty faded :/

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

Offline40ozKing
BoozeMaster
Re: Perfect setting.. [Re: Limelight]
    #4069876 - 04/18/05 08:53 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

a few general tips on the setting, these are just my opinions

always be in a place you are comfortable with (your house, a friends house, etc)

trip with one or two people, don't go somewhere with a lot of people

play some of your favorite music, something suitable for tripping. for example, i like metal, rock, techno/trance, etc. but i don't listen to metal while tripping, it's to harsh for the experiance. i listen to techno & trance only while tripping (armin van buuren - live @ club eau 3-18-2000 is my favorite set to trip to)

have some cool things to looks at. i have my computer hooked up to my tv, so while winamp is playing i have the visualizations going full screen on my tv, that can be pretty cool

driving is a lot of fun, but make sure you have someone that can drive safely

anything outside is fun, but i like switch from indoors to outdoors, as i quickly get bored doing one thing

but everyone is different, this is just what i personally have found

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Pink Floyd

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience