Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Brown Rice Flour, Mycobags, Peat, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinempshroom
Stranger
day 7 no pinning help
    #4062477 - 04/16/05 03:21 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Hello my cakes have been in the fruiting chamber for a week now the bottom of the tank is filled with perlite and im using the air pump humidifer tek my cakes seem to be growing like white fluffy stuff in some spots i guess this is mylecium is it? The temp is around 78 and the humdity idk but there is always watter droplets on the side of the tank from the humidity im using a 15watt flouresent light for plant growth very blue. Should i be worried that theres no pins yet or no there is some lil white tips that look like pins could be forming. Thanks For The Help Wish Me Luck Haha

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinechemistry
One.
 User Gallery

Re: day 7 no pinning help [Re: mpshroom]
    #4062517 - 04/16/05 03:39 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Hey that will happen. if everything is right, just have some patience. i was there before, i think due to temps and air exchange, and after a few months, bam!

--------------------
c h e m i s t r y

Offlinempshroom
Stranger
Re: day 7 no pinning help [Re: chemistry]
    #4062534 - 04/16/05 03:48 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

a few months haha what caused that. Im hoping by the end of the month i will have a nearly finished product or close thanks for the help

OfflineIr0NLunG68420
BLaZeDuP
 User Gallery

Loc: Tripville
    #4062536 - 04/16/05 03:49 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

PATIENCE. Just like chemistry said. I am on day 6 and have no pinning as well just wait it out and you will see fruits.

--------------------
"I never meant to give you mushrooms girl, I never meant to bring you to my world, but now you're sitting in the corner crying, and now it's MY FAULT, MY FAULT."
-Eminem-
Second grow log GT & B+
First grow log Mexicub & B+

Offlinechemistry
One.
 User Gallery

Re: day 7 no pinning help [Re: Ir0NLunG68420]
    #4062704 - 04/16/05 04:52 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

i swear, a few months. im guessing its causem my incubator heater broke and because my parents are to cheap to jack up the heat. they were also in mycobags so they weren't getting good air exchange. so i made a fruiting chamber and after a good 2 weeks BAM.

--------------------
c h e m i s t r y

OfflinePhotoguy
Drunk andJobless

Loc: Drunk in Texas
    #4063220 - 04/16/05 08:26 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Im working on something special to post, but do not worry about no pins on day 7 on cakes. I got frustrated on day 7 that I had no pins, and went out and bought a ultrasonic humidifier and rigged it up to my tank.

Within 3 hours I had pins. I am three day into pins, and each cake has almost 30 or 40 nice sized pins on it. I run the ultrasonic on a 30 minute on, 2 hour off electronic timer. Its just an experiment, but its really working well for me.

--------------------
You gotta check yo' self before you wreck yo' self

B, Z, F, Burma, Cambodian, Golden Teacher, Puerto Rico, South American, Costa Rica, African

My name is Ender Wiggen and I will own you soon. Bean is my second in command, he is PC'ing jars right now.

Offlinestarseed1066
officially hosed

Loc: close enough to get mysel...
Re: day 7 no pinning help [Re: Photoguy]
    #4063763 - 04/17/05 12:01 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

not to thread jack, but i'm in the exact same boat and i didnt want to start a new thread.

my first batch was a small one: 5 jars. i decided that big loss = bad, small loss = not so bad. i waited too long to birth the cakes after the mycelium completely filled the jars (almost two weeks) and there was condensation in the jar, it was obvious the cake had pulled in a bit, and the outside of most didnt look very fluffy anymore.

i birthed them all last sunday, put three in a terrarium (lost two to contams, not the third oddly enough), and cased two-- 50/50 verm and peat over moistened (not sopping!) perlite. that one seems to be making all kinds of new mycelium, so i'm not worried about it yet.

the other cake has grown some new fluffy mycelium, but still no sign of pins. temps are a little low-- around 74. i know i need more heat, but i keep reading it can be done cooler. just nto as quickly.

i digress...my point is should i wait it out or case that lonely cake?

--------------------
Under his instruction, I taped drumsticks to his head and turned him into a sort of mummy, or perhaps a caterpiller in a cocoon. He remains this way for about three hours, making bizarre noises, pretending to be a new species that must learn to walk and talk and eat, etc. And he communicates with other life forms by way of the antennae on his head. Eventually we jam a tube from a waterbong into it's mouth and figure he's learned all he needs to know.

OfflineBladeLSD
Squirrel Master

Re: day 7 no pinning help [Re: starseed1066]
    #4063792 - 04/17/05 12:10 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I waited almost 3 weeks to see pins on this one cake that is in a coke bottle ala mmgg, and the pins it did form are taking long as hell to grow, it started pinning around 2 weeks ago and the pin still looks like a pin, all skinny and shit, but it hasnt aborted, I dont know what to say, but im waiting it out with this cake, and I give it air exchange as often as all my coolers, anyways, itll happen

--------------------
We might get glimpse's of objectivity every now, and then, but we're so inherently locked in our temporal and corporeal selves that we're irrevocably locked into subjectivity :crazy:

OfflinebioTek
5-HTP lover

Re: day 7 no pinning help [Re: BladeLSD]
    #4063870 - 04/17/05 12:34 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

i had to wait about 6 or 7 days also. for my grow i used BRF/verm cakes and i think what took so long for mine to pin was because i should've used more BRF when mixing the substrate probably. i'm also starting to believe that different strains would/should have different substrate ratios. Makes sense right? Some strains are thicker, some grow faster, etc. They would need more or less airation or more nutrients for diff. strains. there should be more experimentation with this. eventually maybe there would be a list of different substrate ratios according to the strain! that would be great.

InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
Re: day 7 no pinning help [Re: mpshroom]
    #4063876 - 04/17/05 12:36 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Drop your temp. Worked for the Special People I know.

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Offlinestarseed1066
officially hosed

Loc: close enough to get mysel...
woohoooo! [Re: GnuBobo]
    #4065384 - 04/17/05 01:39 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

well i'm glad i showed a bit of patience and didnt case my last cake last night...i'm looking at it now and there's 3 tiny shrooms on it!

(they seem awfully short and fat, but whatever, time will tell)

so have faith, they will come. :laugh:

--------------------
Under his instruction, I taped drumsticks to his head and turned him into a sort of mummy, or perhaps a caterpiller in a cocoon. He remains this way for about three hours, making bizarre noises, pretending to be a new species that must learn to walk and talk and eat, etc. And he communicates with other life forms by way of the antennae on his head. Eventually we jam a tube from a waterbong into it's mouth and figure he's learned all he needs to know.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Brown Rice Flour, Mycobags, Peat, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation