Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Phish

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesampleinajar54
Stranger

Weird Trip story
    #4062416 - 04/16/05 02:57 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Ok I am new to this forum, but i will post one of my stranger trips that I have had (if you can call it a trip). I was at bonnaroo last year and upon arrival, my friend and I bought some mushroom chocolates. These supposedly had 1/8 - 1/4 of shrooms in them. We ate them when Jack Johnson and Ben Harper started to play, and after a bit i started feeling a little intoxicated. But instead of slowly building up into a good trip, it all hit me at once. For about a minute, everything appeared to be breaking into a checkerboard of light and dark shades. It intensified to the point where everything turned black, and the next thing I knew, I was on my stomach in the dirt. My friend gave me hell about how I get too f***ed up and I have something wrong with me. Well, sure enough, about 30 minutes later the exact same thing happened to him. Hypocrite. I didn't feel well for about 45 minutes after I passed out. Definitely my worst trip experience.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinechemistry
One.
 User Gallery

Re: Weird Trip story [Re: sampleinajar54]
    #4062544 - 04/16/05 03:52 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

that stinks dude.

--------------------
c h e m i s t r y

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

#4062546 - 04/16/05 03:53 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

That's weird.

And your friend is a dick.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #4062569 - 04/16/05 04:00 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Welcome to the Shroomery sampleinajar! :sun:

So sorry to hear that your experience turned negative for you and your friend.  Fortunately, it could have been a lot worse and it wasn't!  Tripping in public or crowded atmospheres is definitely not to be taken lightly imho.  There are just too many unpredictable variables and much opportunity for confusion/over-stimuli. 

Your experience brings to mind a trip I took at a Dead show in the San Francisco bay area in 2003.  I attended the show with Vatoloco and his wife, ate roughly 2 grams of dried cubensis mushroom and packed in some smokeables all while donning my most stellar Shroomery Hoodie :tongue2:

Walking into the venue, the young lady searching me for various substance gave me a quirky smile upon view of the hooded garmet I was wearing - already the experience was beginning on a positive note full of good vibes and grinning faces :grin:

To spare you my long-winded details, the concert was absolutely amazing, the long jam sets with thousands of people mesmorized by the music - absolutely wonderful.. until the end of the first set :crazy: - Needing to piss like a race horse on account of the frosty brew Vato's wife had brought back for in the midst of the first set, I made the quick decision to bolt for the restrooms as soon as the venue lighting geared up for intermission.  Well I made it about half way to the exits (we were smack dab in the middle of the huge lawn area seating), and before I knew it, the combination of the thousands of people stumbling their way in the same direction as I, in addition to the steeply sloped lawn, gave me some extreme vertigo. 

Before completely losing my balance, I managed to grab ahold of a handrail on one of the exit stairwells and fortunately stabilized myself by sitting down on a bed of wood chips right next to the walk way.  I can remember almost blacking out (in retrospect, likely on account of the postural hypotension experienced from getting up and trying to move to the exits so quickly after having sat for over an hour, intoxicated to boot!), and as I made my way off the stairwell towards the woodchips, I had to guide myself by holding on to a chain link fence by my side.

Fortunately, I took off my sweatshirt, I was disoriented and sweating.. but I just laid back on the bed of wood chips, took a few deep breaths, regained my composure quite quickly after the short (although seemingly neverending) horrific experience of making my way out of the inner-stadium. 

Phew!  From there I finally made it to the bathroom which was another story entirely.. but I'll tell you, tripping in public can creep up on you in ways that may not be the most enjoyable :wink: 

Be safe, dose responsibly, and look out for others! :cool:
Happy trails :gd_icon:

PS.  I'm jealous you got to hear Jack Johnson & Ben Harper!  You just reminded me to add them to this other thread here in Trip Tips :grin:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Weird Trip story [Re: geokills]
    #4062927 - 04/16/05 06:28 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Geo, your story reminds me of one of mine.....

Alpine Valley-Phish summer tour 2004-1st night

My friend, his girlfriend and myself all ate some pot cookies and split up a quarter of some bomb shrooms. So just over 2G's each of mushrooms.

Comming up was quite an experience, I had never been to alpine, and this was a sold out show, soooo many faces all around, so many. I had the most extreme body high I have ever had in my life, the pot cookies had a lot to do with it though, I ate my extra one a week later and they were almost too strong for me. Anyways, after about the 3rd song in the first set my buddy looked at me, and said he wanted to go and get something to drink and get out of the crowd. I didn't even feel like moving so I just stayed there by myself. After the first set, I REALLY needed water, like desperately, and really needed some food in my stomach, I hadn't eaten all day. Anyways I was way down towards the the seating area just behind the bar, I looked up and saw no way out at all. It was simply to dense, and by now everyone was sitting down which made walking around impossible (especially when tripping). I got confused and jumped down onto a sidewalk thinking it was the way out, but quickly got confronted by security and was forced back onto the lawn. I tried to walk up the hill, but kept stepping on people, I simply couldn't handle it. After the second set started I tried hopping a rail onto a different sidewalk, but a security guard caught me. I told him my situation and that I really needed water and food, but he just said "this way is blocked" and it clearly wasn't, what bullshit. I started arguing with this asshole than this older security guard gets up in my face yelling at me to get back on the lawn, so I did. I saw that others were in similar situations, there was NO way to get up the hill because the lawn was PACKED. So, long story short, I waited the whole show before getting any food or water, I just bummed sips off different people. And yea...my friends never came back, apparantly the trip was to intense for them and they spent the rest of the show way back out of the crowd. However, I still had a GREAT time at that show none the less. And the second night was even better, much less confusion. Sometimes tripping at shows isn't the best idea, in my opinion...

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

Offlinesampleinajar54
Stranger

Re: Weird Trip story [Re: Cubieman420]
    #4062976 - 04/16/05 06:53 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Sounds like you guys went to some awesome shows. I haven't been to any in a while, acutually. I went to bonnaroo last year and the year b4, but that's about it. Acutually the day after the ben and jack show I ate some mushrooms again for the allman brothers and that worked out fine. I sat and talked to the guy who sold me the shrooms for a while to get a good judge of character. I havent bought any since then, though. Just grow now, and i usually end up giving them away instead of eating them.

I'm rambling now, but geokills, you mentioned postural hypotension. I never knew that actually had a name. I have been prone to getting that from time to time, even when I have only smoked pot. Is there any reason why it happens to me a lot?

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #4063200 - 04/16/05 08:19 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the recount Cubieman, your tale made me equate our experiences to something not all that far from the "fear" that recently deceased writer Hunter S. Thompson became very well known for writing about in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas :cool:

Though my writing above may seem lengthy, the actual period of 'fear' was no more than but a minute or two.. however, when you're helpless in its grasp it can sure feel like an eternity!  None the less, as was with your experience, the overall sensation from my trip with the Dead was overwhelmingly positive.  I just wanted to share a story that may help others anticipate and better deal with panic, when panic may arise :wink:

sampleinajar
, I'm glad the next day turned out well for you.. and also that you can be self-sufficient in your myco-tendancies rather than relying on the unregulated street trade :grin: -- so far as why you might experience postural hypotension regularly, I could really only guess; perhaps you have lower blood pressure to begin with or perhaps poor circulation in general

.. :shrug:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend :sun:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Offlinelackobreath
Cannabis Man
    #4063537 - 04/16/05 11:00 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

cubieman, i know how it is there at alipine valley...that place is terrible. I was there at a couple ozzfests like 7-8 years ago... that hill is steep as hell, and i think they oversell the hill space above the seats, which leaves no way out since it's so packed.

OfflineSomething
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Weird Trip story [Re: lackobreath]
    #5427368 - 03/21/06 10:43 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

All I can do is laugh for a minute before I start sharing my Bonnaroo experience.

Bonnaroo 2005

I got there early Thursday morning and ended up camping in camp Pussy Galore. They originally put me in camp M (007 theme) but I managed to move my van so I could leave if something happened.I look back on that and giggle to myself.

Thursday morning I hiked around for a few. Checking out all the different vendors and buying Tshirts and other memorabilia.Then came back and took a nap to get out of the hot sun for a bit and then got up in the late afternoon watched a few shows and grabbed a few different bags of nugs.Then around ten or so I headed back to the van for the evening. I woke up at around ten or so the following morning and headed out to score so goodies and after buying five bags of assorted nugs I was munching all day. As I walked down a trail a guy yells shroomies or something and I walk over and ask how much,he's like there 25 an eight.I said kewl I'll take four.He then said hey these are psilocybin cubensis.And my first thought was shrooms are shrooms right. And assured the guy I was well aware of the potency.And he said have a great weekend.I said you too. Yet after I got back to my van I opened the bag to consolidate the four bags and noticed these where different than the ones I get back home.These mushrooms had skinny stalks and small caps. The ones at home are thicker stalks and caps.So I now think the ones around here are not cubensis.So I decided to approach these with caution since I was unfamiliar with these.Actually since then I'm not sure what strain those where or what I get around here.Any help on that would be greatly appreciated also

At 8:30 The Dave Matthews Band was to start playing at the main stage. I think I got there around 7:30 and then nibbled on a few stems and waited to see the effect of this strain. After about I had a extremely mild feeling and gave it a minute and decided I had not taken enough. So I grabbed a few more stems and and ate those as well.I again waited yet this time only about thirty minutes.Dave had just came on stage and I barely even had a buzz.Which was kinda dis heartening at the moment so after another song I grabbed a hand full and munched them down to.
And I think it was right before Smooth Rider that I closed my eyes and was consciously lifted up.And as I breathed in I felt as if I had gills. I then thought WOO!
As I looked around all things where going to the beat of the music from every single person to the clouds and trees.I remember a guy running around with a cowboy hat on and for second I thought of him as some cosmic cowboy.Yeah I know strange huh? Just give me a second!
For awhile I wandered around for a few and remember finding a vending station with a stripped red and white awning.From there I remember grabbing a pole and sliding down it.Then just looking around for a minute and slipping into this other dimension of sorts. Actually three if I not mistaken.As I sat at the pole I remember laying down and it was like I was a little kids around the age of five or so laying with my brother talking of things only children understand and as we talked I kept shifting within time and space.Then the next thing I know is I am in this world observing people of every day existence yet something is different like they have a understanding of this world that I am not accustomed too.As I listen I think to my self that I have something to say.
As I spoke my consciousness was pulled into another world and what I was saying came out yet in a different world.
Yet it was the same thing thought or said in the previous world. But it had a different meaning within the next.Kinda confusing yet made perfect sense!
And this happened a few times before I realized this was happening.From one world to the next then back to the first I went.As for the exact amount of times I did this I can guess like maybe ten.Sometimes I would end up in a world that was angry with me.That world I felt as if I was a slave or one who was commanded by others. While the other world loved me. I felt adored and cherished. Yeah I know all this may sound strange but it was all so wonderful. And the third I'm still unsure as to what its exact meaning is. I have grasped its meaning once since.Yet some meanings seem to be only spiritual knowledge. And that I only retain for moments. And another strange thing is I can sense the feelings those worlds gave me but as of yet I only have a mental pictures and feelings.As I traveled through these worlds I remember working my way back down to reality.And then it was my brother and I again.And as my brother and I talked I knew I was about to come home again.And then I said to my self that I was ready.I then opened my eyes and saw three medics coming at me and asking me questions.Then I slightly remember getting a shot and after that I vague memory of climbing out of the med tent and wander to a fence and some guy pointing and saying you need to go that way.After that I recall stumbling down the road and I woke up Sunday at about ten am in my van.I left like two hours later. Kinda Shakin

Yet all in all it was a truly spiritual experience that I will always hold dear and once again I see the pattern of three as I do path work within the mental realm
I have other thoughts and feeling on the whole happening but at the moment I have no words for it

Also I woke up with only about a eighth left as more memories come I will update

Edited by Something (03/22/06 07:06 PM)

OfflineSomething
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Weird Trip story [Re: Something]
    #5439218 - 03/24/06 08:33 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Later...................And goodbye

I have seen from a few of my posts that I am on my own path and I guess this ain't no terrapin station

Honestly I had high hopes for this message board

Edited by Something (03/24/06 08:36 PM)

Offlinewwonka
Stranger thanfiction
Male

Loc: PNW
Re: Weird Trip story [Re: Something]
    #5439482 - 03/24/06 10:35 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

I don't think I would ever buy a chocolate with 1/8-1/4. I mean, you're chancing it enough by buying chocolates already so you don't know if that eigth really -is- an eigth anyway. And then to say i dunno if its an 1/8 or a quarter would just send me over the redflag line and I'd have had to pass.

just me though...

-wonk

--------------------
PM me reading suggestions, I might just take you up on your offer.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Phish

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience