Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BMX Tricks
dilemma + UTFSE....
    #4061679 - 04/16/05 05:28 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

K, so, i used the search engine because i was looking for info on what i should do with my jars, but the problem i got is hybrid now and i couldnt find anything with specifically my problem....

ok, my jars are about 75-80% white, and I can already see the primordia starting. I had tape on the holes, which i think stalled the growth so i took that off and the myc went from 40% coverage to the 75-80% coverage in about 36 hours, it seems like the myc is still spreading, but i read that you yeild better if you take them out before pinning, and right after complete coverage.... So, what should I do?

Also...when i do birth them (hopefully within 48 hours) is there anything I should layer the bottom of the storage bin they will be birthed in for optimal growth... or just plop em out?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: dilemma + UTFSE.... [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #4061698 - 04/16/05 05:41 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

What are you environmental conditions right now, how much light have they been getting, are you planing on casing these??? I think you need to read up on terrariums if your asking if they need anything on the bottom of them. Almost all teks cover this area, usually for humidification. http://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Cat/0/Board/boxes

PMP is a good choice for cakes.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BMX Tricks
Re: dilemma + UTFSE.... [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #4062455 - 04/16/05 03:15 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

They are in a closet all by themselves, in a rubbermaid container with holes drilled along the lid and a thermometer in it (the jars that is). I know i dont need them in a container but i figured wth. The only problem i can see that i have had is the temp, it has been a constant 73-75 degrees. Also, they get some light from one area and I just noticed that about 4 of the jars are covered on one side while the other side is spotted with it.

I wanted to just practice to see how good my sterelization technique was so I did 10 jars of B+, since i didnt want to risk screwing up my GT's or PE's. I have seen pictures of people who just plopped their cakes out and had them growing like that.

I could case them, I did it once before with an E-Z grow kit about 3 years ago which we lucked our way through somehow to only get contam after the third flush. Do you think I should take the cakes, cut out the parts that arent colonized and try to case them? because right now i have about 3 jars that are 90% colonized, 4 jars 70%, and 3 other jars that are about 55% but all of them are starting to get the veins and little white knots.

I guess i just want a judgment call on what to do: let them fully colonize (which it looks like they might do), or try to birth them. Once i decide that then I can decide if i should case them or just let the cakes plop out.

*Note: the jars are half pint but they dont look like the really short ones in the pics, they are taller.

Offlinexburn
V card
Re: dilemma + UTFSE.... [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #4062478 - 04/16/05 03:22 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Do a search for a TIt and build on and keeep it at 86 deggrees for colonization and you'll be better off if not this time then the next time. you could birth the 90% and just scrape doff the uncolonized dunk and rol. then use the tit for the rest of them for now.

--------------------
Check out the official MushroomWiki at http://www.mushroomwiki.com. Stop by and contribute.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation