Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BMX Tricks
dilemma + UTFSE....
    #4061679 - 04/16/05 05:28 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

K, so, i used the search engine because i was looking for info on what i should do with my jars, but the problem i got is hybrid now and i couldnt find anything with specifically my problem....

ok, my jars are about 75-80% white, and I can already see the primordia starting. I had tape on the holes, which i think stalled the growth so i took that off and the myc went from 40% coverage to the 75-80% coverage in about 36 hours, it seems like the myc is still spreading, but i read that you yeild better if you take them out before pinning, and right after complete coverage.... So, what should I do?

Also...when i do birth them (hopefully within 48 hours) is there anything I should layer the bottom of the storage bin they will be birthed in for optimal growth... or just plop em out?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: dilemma + UTFSE.... [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #4061698 - 04/16/05 05:41 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

What are you environmental conditions right now, how much light have they been getting, are you planing on casing these??? I think you need to read up on terrariums if your asking if they need anything on the bottom of them. Almost all teks cover this area, usually for humidification. http://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Cat/0/Board/boxes

PMP is a good choice for cakes.

"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

User Gallery Arcade Champion: BMX Tricks
Re: dilemma + UTFSE.... [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #4062455 - 04/16/05 03:15 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

They are in a closet all by themselves, in a rubbermaid container with holes drilled along the lid and a thermometer in it (the jars that is). I know i dont need them in a container but i figured wth. The only problem i can see that i have had is the temp, it has been a constant 73-75 degrees. Also, they get some light from one area and I just noticed that about 4 of the jars are covered on one side while the other side is spotted with it.

I wanted to just practice to see how good my sterelization technique was so I did 10 jars of B+, since i didnt want to risk screwing up my GT's or PE's. I have seen pictures of people who just plopped their cakes out and had them growing like that.

I could case them, I did it once before with an E-Z grow kit about 3 years ago which we lucked our way through somehow to only get contam after the third flush. Do you think I should take the cakes, cut out the parts that arent colonized and try to case them? because right now i have about 3 jars that are 90% colonized, 4 jars 70%, and 3 other jars that are about 55% but all of them are starting to get the veins and little white knots.

I guess i just want a judgment call on what to do: let them fully colonize (which it looks like they might do), or try to birth them. Once i decide that then I can decide if i should case them or just let the cakes plop out.

*Note: the jars are half pint but they dont look like the really short ones in the pics, they are taller.

V card
Re: dilemma + UTFSE.... [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #4062478 - 04/16/05 03:22 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Do a search for a TIt and build on and keeep it at 86 deggrees for colonization and you'll be better off if not this time then the next time. you could birth the 90% and just scrape doff the uncolonized dunk and rol. then use the tit for the rest of them for now.

Check out the official MushroomWiki at http://www.mushroomwiki.com. Stop by and contribute.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation