Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBladeLSD
Squirrel Master

My two terrariums
    #4061067 - 04/15/05 11:18 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

Hey all thanks I need a little help.

Heres the dillyoh, I have two terrariums, they are both styraphoam, and is smaller, about half the size of the other. I started fruiting in the smaller one because everything I had fit in it at the time. Now I have more cakes, the ones in the smaller terrarium are on their second flush, I dunked and rolled them, and they started to pin basically immedietly, and they are doing fine, I fan 2-4 times a day, and give 1-2 light mistings a day, and things a rolling along nicely in the smaller terrarium. Now in the bigger one, the cakes that are in there were just dunked, and rolled, and then put into the terrarium, and given a heavy misting when I put them in, its been like 3 days, and all thats happening in the bigger one is fluffy growth on the cakes, the terrarium is fanned 2-3 times just like the smaller one, and also gets misted 1-2 times a day usually two, so whats with the fluffy growth does this mean the humidity is too low?, what can I do to make things turn out better. Someone help me. also I have 6 more cakes which are ready to be birthed, dunked, then rolled, but if these guys arent doing much in their im kinda iffy on putting 6 new cakes in there so what should i do

--------------------
We might get glimpse's of objectivity every now, and then, but we're so inherently locked in our temporal and corporeal selves that we're irrevocably locked into subjectivity :crazy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekratomboy
Drifter
 User Gallery

Loc: Nevada
Re: My two terrariums [Re: BladeLSD]
    #4061140 - 04/15/05 11:36 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

Give it some more time. afoaf is on first batch of cakes right now. Some of them fruited right away, others took around 10 days to pin. I'm not sure why... maybe the condition of the inner cake. Good luck!

OfflineHidingInPlainSight
Male User Gallery
Loc: Oklahoma City , OK, USA Flag
    #4061157 - 04/15/05 11:41 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

Try getting a thermometer and humidity gauge. YOu can find them cheap, even places like Wal-Mart carry them.

OfflineBladeLSD
Squirrel Master

Re: My two terrariums [Re: HidingInPlainSight]
    #4061245 - 04/16/05 12:05 AM (19 years, 5 days ago)

usually those humidity gauges are really terrible, and dont read worth a shit for the humidity levels that we deal with, I was gonna give them time, but the are growing Fluffy mycellium, and not pinning and I know thats a sign of something just not sure what...

--------------------
We might get glimpse's of objectivity every now, and then, but we're so inherently locked in our temporal and corporeal selves that we're irrevocably locked into subjectivity :crazy:

Offlineclosetgrower
Stranger

#4061255 - 04/16/05 12:08 AM (19 years, 5 days ago)

if you get a meter that can be adjusted, you can just calibrate it every now and again.

--------------------
Into this house we're born, into this world we're thrown.

Offlinekratomboy
Drifter
 User Gallery

Loc: Nevada
    #4061338 - 04/16/05 12:51 AM (19 years, 5 days ago)

I've heard that hair humidifiers are pretty accurate in high humidity.

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: My two terrariums [Re: kratomboy]
    #4061350 - 04/16/05 12:55 AM (19 years, 5 days ago)

You could have taken the cakes striaght out of the incubator and put them in the fridge for about a week....that way u'd have time to get a new terrium for fruiting....

-Gnostic

OfflineBladeLSD
Squirrel Master

Re: My two terrariums [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #4062065 - 04/16/05 10:17 AM (19 years, 5 days ago)

I dont understand your post Gnostic, Why would I put my cakes in the fridge if I have a terrarium to fruit them in now, I mean besides dunking in the fridge, what benefit would the cakes have by being put in the fridge?, The cooier I have them in is what I wanted to fruit them in, and I was just wondering what could be wrong with that terrarium if the cakes are just growing fluffy mycellium right now, since the smaller terrarium is fine, i Put the cakes which already fruited once in it, back in them and they started to pin in like a day or two. The bigger one is the one I think may be problematic, and thats what im trying to find out... I dont know its just that your post is confusing, but im sure your not trying to kill my crop or anything and are just trying to help so could you clarify it for me?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix