Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedfslkfsd
Pot head

Tripping alone
    #4055323 - 04/14/05 03:27 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Well im about harvest my first shrooms this weekend and I was planning on doing them with a friend but he got very ill. I really wanna try em ive done shrooms before I think it was only about 1.0-1.5 grams dry but it was really fun experience. so have you ever tripped alone? how was it did you have a bad trip?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: Tripping alone [Re: dfslkfsd]
    #4055347 - 04/14/05 03:32 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I have, and I had to go take my dog for a walk because I didn't want to be alone. It wasn't bad, but I almost had to fight someone, and I was pretty scared.

I was drunk also at the time though, so I can't really tell you what it would be like just tripping.

Hanging out with other friends who are tripping too is very fun... people say lots of funny things.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
    #4055424 - 04/14/05 03:48 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

IMO tripping alone is great, the experience can be directed so much easier than with others around. Sometimes I find that my friends do not want to take a deep introveted trip with me, so in turn I save that for myself.

Get yourself some good music, I recommend Sphongle, I also like tribal drumming and other such meditative music. A few trip toys are great. On my last trip I brought out my 10x handheld lens and examined my herb with it. During this time I was getting flushed with surface patterns alterations and the herb took on the same natural flow, it was quite amazing.

A notepad, sketching pad or coloring book is always fun IMO, good for the comeup and comedown. Also for the comedown if the setting allows and the trip has been particularly intense I like to put on some mountain bike vids, it gets me super stoked to ride and lets me relax :smile:

What is the dosage and setting?

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: Tripping alone [Re: MeThoD]
    #4055456 - 04/14/05 03:54 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Tripping alone can be very enlightening, as you don't have anyone else around to change your train of thought. just you, god(s), and psilocin. I also find it to be more intense than a group trip, your mind is free to wander and no one is there to stop you. you are free to do whatever your mind tells you.
I wouldnt recommend tripping by yourself though if you plan on taking a heavy dose and have never tripped hard before, you are more likely to go flying into a bad trip due to your loneliness.
I would also recommend taking a light dose and tripping in public (primarily a school enviroment [unless you are the teacher]). It sounds exremely risky, but it really isn't. as long as you take a small dose you won't go too crazy, and no one will even suspect that you are tripping (unless you give them good reason to suspect). Some more observant people might notice that you are acting a little strange, but won't really care (basically it will hardly affect your social life if at all)
Again, i would only recommend this to experienced psychonauts.

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4055546 - 04/14/05 04:07 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

tripping alone is different. its just you and your environment, and you can do what you want. great for thinking about stuff. however, i find tripping with friends a lot more enjoyable. conversation is a great thing.

if you do trip alone, do a smallish dose because you've got no one to help you if you get into trouble.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Offlinedfslkfsd
Pot head

Re: Tripping alone [Re: Kerr]
    #4055667 - 04/14/05 04:33 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for the input. what do you think would be a decent dose? I have no idea how potent my little friends are gonna be but I think I might shoot for 20 grams wet maybe a little more. and my roomates are gonna be gone for the whole night so I have the place too my self. oh and have any of you tried the B+ strain? if so has was the trip?

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
    #4055691 - 04/14/05 04:37 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I think that you will be good with 20 grams wet, Im not familiar with the B+ strain sorry.

It sounds like you are going to have an amazing time, good luck and good vibes :smile:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

Offlinedfslkfsd
Pot head

Re: Tripping alone [Re: Kerr]
    #4055966 - 04/14/05 06:13 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Just one more quick little question I thought I would just post it here rather then starting a new thread. there is fuzzy mycelium growing about half way up the stems should I scrape it off or just eat it?

OfflineBorgFace
PEENTASTIC
Loc: Australia
    #4056391 - 04/14/05 08:36 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

It contains actives too, eat it!

--------------------
Give me an ounce of civet, good apothecary, to sweeten my imagination!

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #4056393 - 04/14/05 08:36 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Just eat the fuzzy myc, or better yet make tea. In my experience B+ is weak.

Offlinewjames
Phenomenologist

Loc: Europe
Re: Tripping alone [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4057651 - 04/15/05 02:58 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

If you do go out in public, keep in mind that, due to pupil dilation, it might be more apparent to others that you're high than you realize.

It's not a bad idea, if you trip, to have the express purpose of gaining self-knowledge. One way to promote that is with conscious preparation. Like (1) cutting down on stress and caffeine earlier in the day; (2) looking at art and nature; (3) reading religious passages or quotes the day before.

--------------------
"We're all in this consciousness-raising business together."
"An idle mind is the devil's workshop."
"Everyone should eat hashish, but only once." - S. Dali

OfflineLedHead
Stranger

Re: Tripping alone [Re: wjames]
    #4059522 - 04/15/05 03:41 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

just make sure that wherever you trip you won't have to worry about any inconveniences i.e. parents coming home, siblings, etc.
have some good music picked... i think music while tripping is almost neccesary. i just feel like i can feel the music in my body and its incredible. good luck man and have fun.

--------------------
I'm a traveler of both time and space...

OfflineMycoJunkie
Psilanthropist

Loc: .4merica
Re: Tripping alone [Re: LedHead]
    #4059544 - 04/15/05 03:47 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Dude..
Tripping alone w/ less than 5g dry is perfectly safe if you've done it before. Over 5g... I'd be careful unless you're very experienced.

I just tripped alone on 3g of ground up shrooms on Wednesday. Very fun. Never had a bad trip

I love tripping alone because nobody is there to talk and ruin ur concentration. I like to just listen to music and focus on visuals.

--------------------
:cussing::whip:

Offlinedfslkfsd
Pot head

Re: Tripping alone [Re: MycoJunkie]
    #4059988 - 04/15/05 05:23 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Sweet.... Im very excited for tonight im gonna put on some pink floyd draw and just chill. ill be sure to write up an experience report.
Thanks for all your input!

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

#4060232 - 04/15/05 06:29 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Good vibes going your way ~~~  :laugh: :thumbup: :mushroom2: :sun: :heart:

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Tripping alone [Re: Ginseng1]
    #4060237 - 04/15/05 06:32 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Ginseng1 said:
Good vibes going your way ~~~  :laugh: :thumbup: :mushroom2: :sun: :heart:

--------------------

OfflineIAmTheWalrus212
LIL WEEZY
Male User Gallery

Loc: ?
    #4060276 - 04/15/05 06:54 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Never tripped on mushrooms with others. Walked outside for many, and for my last I stayed inside and researched the Shroud of Turing listening to creepy Russian chanting in the dark. Very fun.

--------------------

Offlineckyrock
Dreamer
Re: Tripping alone [Re: IAmTheWalrus212]
    #4060683 - 04/15/05 09:23 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Alone is the best, at least in nature or spiritual trips. Then again... I never like people talkin to me at all when I trip.

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Tripping alone [Re: IAmTheWalrus212]
    #4060764 - 04/15/05 10:04 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

IAmTheWalrus212 said:
and for my last I stayed inside and researched the Shroud of Turing listening to creepy Russian chanting in the dark. Very fun.

Wow, that must've been interesting.....I love weird/old/mysterious shit like that, it would be interesting to explore while tripping. I've dropped acid after watching UFO documentaries, and eaten mushrooms after watching stuff about various ancient cultures and monuments (Egyptians, Mayans, Stonehedge, etc.) and after reading some Terence McKenna....both produced very interesting trips, the latter showed me that Terence is right on with some of his theorys.

--------------------

Offlinedfslkfsd
Pot head

Re: Tripping alone [Re: wjames]
    #4060837 - 04/15/05 10:29 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

wwwwwwwwoooooooooo......... im really tripping. Who ever said b+ wasnt very visual they were wrong... really wrong.. :thumbup: :heart: :crazy2: :mushroom2:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains