Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJalruza
Boot Lover
Male User Gallery

hallucinatory comfort of "solid" things
    #4058450 - 04/15/05 10:59 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I find this cuases a lot of unrest.

When hallucinatory comfort of "solid" things gone and unavailable, ego gets sceard and trys to 'pull' itslef or hang itself on to something, anything to provide stable solid ground

i think there might be a deep seated fear of falling involved

anyone has nay tips on how i can calm myself down and embrace and accept whatever happens after my body is gone into void?

--------------------
Time keeps ticking and running away
And It's taking us fast to a brand new free dimension
Too cool to mention well that's the intention
But some of us too dame blind to see
Jesus is the King Volume I
Jesus is the King Volume II
Shroomery MSN club
I'm talking to aliens!
Volcano Vap and Brain Chakras
Hilary Duff!!
:gethigh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: hallucinatory comfort of "solid" things [Re: Jalruza]
    #4058487 - 04/15/05 11:07 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

this is something that only you can do. No one here can give you an answer (at least not one that would work for you). You must cultivate one yourself.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: hallucinatory comfort of "solid" things [Re: dr0mni]
    #4058978 - 04/15/05 01:10 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

It is the infinite fall you that you speak of.
We are all in it.
The only thing you can do is accept it.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineSoK
pimpin sincebeen pimpinsince beenpimpin since..

Loc: ohio river valley
Re: hallucinatory comfort of "solid" things [Re: mecreateme]
    #4058985 - 04/15/05 01:14 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

yeah just accept it, know that its going to happen and don't worry about it the sooner you do that, the sooner it will disappear

OfflinePsiledehysp
second mushroomto the left
 User Gallery

Loc: inside out
Re: hallucinatory comfort of "solid" things [Re: dr0mni]
    #4059004 - 04/15/05 01:22 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Well, once I was doing a research here on Shroomery on topic of letting go (preparing myself for heavy trip) and I have collected some interesting advices given by some of the Shroomery members. Maybe it`ll be helpful, here it goes:

Relax, explore and experience the trip ... it is what it is. Don't judge ... don't fear ... fear is the mind killer.

Don't worry and distract yourself by trying to analyze the trip during your experience, just 'feel it' and go with the flow ... you'll have plenty of time afterwards to think about and analyze the trip and what it meant to you.

========

This is what works for me... but remember, we are all different.

I always dose alone, never with other people around. I trip at home, in the dark, with a candle or dim light. I leave the TV, computer, and radio off. Sometimes I will leave the stereo going, but very softly with 'earthy' music... nothing with vocals. When the onset is nearing the end, right before the peak, I like to lie down and surrender to the peak as it begins to build. I'm not really sure what happens next... it feels like I am floating on the ocean... I will ride a wave up into eternal nothingness, and then down into reality... and back up... and back down... each time I come down, I can remember a bit about what happened, but don't bother to try and hold onto anything... just absorb the feeling of the experience.

======
don't let judgement get in the way, it's the only thing stopping you

========

a technique that works for many is stopping the internal dialogue, the constant jabbering in your head, and just let the subconsious drive.
then the deities will notice.

edit: i spend lots of time in the dark, it's easier to let go with no distractions

=========

if i decided to go with a trip, just deep breathe and forget your normal life, let that pyschedellic dome effect take place and remeber that there's a completely seperate pyschedelic you thats perfectly capable of handling that world.

==========

I had the problem of "hanging on" to the anxiety once--that is, I stayed focused on it even after the real "g-force" of the come-up was over... Then I realized that I didn't need to be doing this at all and i let go of it and it was splendid after this. All that really needs to be done is to realize the anxiety is only caused by your ego holding onto reality... Say to yourself... "fuck reality! bring on the trip motherfucker!" Just keep saying "bring it on... teach me... show me... i WANT to trip."

Rid yourself of the doubt and the sailing will be smoove.

=========

focus on Love. Imagine yourself opening to it and make that your only focus.

========

This may be harsh, and it may cause negative feelings during your trip, but go somewhere where you are alone next time and think about death. Think about if you will still exist after you die, form your own beliefs about if an afterlife exists. Think about what would be important to you if you were not coming back to reality again. What you had loved and what you will miss. This should give you a better understanding of your true self, and, like student said, enjoy the sunrise.

========

You couldn't let go of reality, eh?

Well, I don't know what your problem is exactly, but I see the symptoms in your post; even with something as magickal as tripping, you feel the need to quantify it with numbers and "closed-eye visuals" and various other labels. Perhaps you've accepted reality too much normally, which is why it won't leave you when you're tripping. Tripping cannot CREATE magick in your life, but it can enhance it dramatically.

Just a thought.

=======

By letting Go you dont try to DO anything but when you do this sometimes you will automatically DO things or think things...Just let what flows naturally happen and once its happens LET IT GO...Dont cling to any one beautiful vision or horrible vision just let them both come and go at will. You will Gain Power in doing this bit by bit.....Dont stress yourself and dont try to DO anything...Just let the trip happen and this goes for life as well...

========

The way I understand it, letting go is not really something you "do" in the normal sense. It's simply something that just happens if you let it. That's why it's called "letting" go.

========

defkorn, you said:
"i expected the trip to be(...)"

Why would you expect the trip to be 'anything'? It's going to be a trip - one of the easiest ways to cause problems is to insist on forcing it in directions it doesn't want to go. Nobody can just say: "Right, I want the pretty geometric visuals now, please, I'm bored with this. I'll have the deep cosmic insight in 25 minutes." This is your brain on drugs, not cable TV.

What's there is what you take with you. If you've been reading trip reports, or talking to other trippers, you can be forgiven for having certain preconceptions. Expectations can colour your perceptions so strongly that you can become dissatisfied with wonder.
"Going with the flow" is quite a trite term for a very specific state of mind. Learning to accept each moment of the trip for what it is and enjoy it to the fullest can be an amazingly hard lesson.

You are not the only one who is also still learning it.

Good luck.

=========

only the ego knows pain and suffering.. had you just laid down and not fed into all of the negative aspects of your life and let the love that was jus waiting to be felt from within take hold of you and heal you of your burdens you would have had probably the best experience up to that point in your life. The ego is an ugly beast, it wasnt the shrooms, it was your ego man, you just did not let go, you held on to "reality" which is just an illusion anyways, all of your pain, is just an illusion, but you wanted to hang onto it rather than realize the real truth, that there is no pain, there is no suffering, all there is....is the love you wish you felt!

--------------------
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.
- Carl Gustav Jung

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: hallucinatory comfort of "solid" things [Re: Psiledehysp]
    #4059334 - 04/15/05 02:45 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

^^^^^^Very, Very well said!  :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlineholio1
intense

Loc: toronto son
Re: hallucinatory comfort of "solid" things [Re: Psiledehysp]
    #4063630 - 04/16/05 09:29 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

ahhh so excellently written, but even then i do not think this stuff can help one get there :smile: the first time or even the next couple after will be tremendous experiences

sooner or later it will happen and then you can look back at all this stuff right here and just agree

it IS very hard and i think for almost anyone there are still tough scary times, but you can do it

i hate when i am the point you are talking about, i have had it too. when i am feeling my face or just the textures of things around me and in complete confusion i know i am going away for a while and it might not be too nice

ahhhhhhhh those trips are something else

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: hallucinatory comfort of "solid" things [Re: holio1]
    #4063775 - 04/16/05 10:04 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Break it down homie. Oh yeah. Good advice.

I like to keep a little something-something on hand in case things get a little less than nasty. Portable music, thank god! My ipod mini is a godsend!! Not to mention carrying a run-of-the-mill bic lighter. They're awesome. I like to carry a bic lighter and my mint chap stick in the right pocket. As crazy as it is, for me it's reassuring as hell. So reassuring that I don't have "bad trips" anymore.

Also if you can tell a friend that you're tripping so that you can call them up or talk to them through msn is great. Usually a buddy will be at home, watching a movie or something and I can call them up if things go wrong. Wow. It's the ultimate reassuring factor knowing that someone's silently watching your back for ya. :heart:

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder