Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: S&P Paradoxes [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #4055903 - 04/14/05 05:58 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Human beings are paradoxical and hypocritical by nature. This is not something limited to S+P, nor is it something limited to certain members of S+P.

As I never claimed to believe that we are all one, I am free to hate others.  :heart:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: S&P Paradoxes [Re: trinity7]
    #4055955 - 04/14/05 06:11 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

If we can't describe a form of absolution, and it's not readily tangible (or at all for that matter), what good does it do for any of us to question what we are incapable of grasping?

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

OfflineCeeThruMeer
Aztek GoatBecoming Eagle

Loc: BC, Canada
Re: S&P Paradoxes [Re: Gomp]
    #4056832 - 04/14/05 10:29 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Gomp said:
Quote:

Paradigm said:
What did the Buddhist say to the hot dog vendor?

Make me one with
everything...

and as my mom elaborated one day

'The Buddhist then proceeds to hand the Vendor a $20 bill to pay for the hot dog. The vendor readily takes the money, and hands the Buddhist his hot dog. The Buddhist waits for a moment and then asks, "Excuse me, may I have my change?"... The Vendor looks at him and replies, "Change comes from within."'

--------------------
"my old friend told me
to do well always
set your sails, open
ride your waves, flowing
just relax, sober
leave you past, it's over
bind two hands, stronger
my soul waits, forward" - Arjun and Guardians

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: S&P Paradoxes [Re: Swami]
    #4056858 - 04/14/05 10:36 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

the whole universe is a paradox. get over it.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #4056875 - 04/14/05 10:39 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
"We are all one, but I still hate you!"

That is not a contradiction.

Look at how many people in this world, hate parts of themselves and hate things about others.

They can come to intellectualize the realization or have an epiphany of our oneness is spirit and origin and even still, if they choose to hate parts of the micro versions what are they going to care about hating parts of the macro version?

Your comment was made on the assumption that people who have realized the interconnectedness of all things on the energy/spirit level love everything about themselves, life and others. That's not the same thing. :wink:

Mastering 24/7 love for all is another ball game from realizing interconnectedness.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (04/14/05 11:08 PM)

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Loc: The Womb of Love
Re: S&P Paradoxes [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4057534 - 04/15/05 01:46 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Thats not so, they go hand in hand.

Unconditional Love is the gateway to realizing interconnectedness. Without unconditional love, that realization is impossible.

--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: S&P Paradoxes [Re: egghead1]
    #4057917 - 04/15/05 07:24 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

egghead1 said:
Thats not so, they go hand in hand.

Unconditional Love is the gateway to realizing interconnectedness. Without unconditional love, that realization is impossible.

Yes yes yes! Unconditional love is not about liking each and every act or every part of your or anothers personality structure. It is realizing that beneath that structure, which is not the totality of what we are, we are all one and that oneness is pure love. Your little boy or girl may act "bad " one day but you don't equate their actions with who they are. You see beneath to the essence of divinity within them and you love them unconditionally. Yet you can still work to correct their "bad" behavior. Like hating the sin and loving the sinner. These are words that if lived by and not just mouthed can change all the world, but more important ourselves. :heart:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: S&P Paradoxes [Re: CeeThruMeer]
    #4057946 - 04/15/05 07:41 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

CeeThruMeer said:
Quote:

Gomp said:
Quote:

Paradigm said:
What did the Buddhist say to the hot dog vendor?

Make me one with
everything...

and as my mom elaborated one day

'The Buddhist then proceeds to hand the Vendor a $20 bill to pay for the hot dog. The vendor readily takes the money, and hands the Buddhist his hot dog. The Buddhist waits for a moment and then asks, "Excuse me, may I have my change?"... The Vendor looks at him and replies, "Change comes from within."'

Hehe, that is cool! ...  just heard it like this (same shit different asshole :P): The Buddhist then proceeds to hand the Vendor a $20 bill to pay for the hot dog. The vendor readily takes the money, and hands the Buddhist his hot dog. The Buddhist thank the Vendor, and turn around to walk ... surprising the Vendor, whom asks, "what about your change?"
The Buddhist looks at him and replies "Change comes from within."

:sun:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineDelusion_of_Self
Stranger

#4058126 - 04/15/05 09:25 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
"We are all one, but I still hate you!"

"The only time is now, even though I am still simmering about how you slighted me 3 years ago."

What Swami proposed is rather an assumption of a paradox than a paradox itself. The real paradox is to experience ourselves subjectively while claiming we are all one. I don't see how "I hate you" is relevant... Swami thinks it's a paradox because if you hate someone and we are all one you end up hating yourself. Only a being who has achieved Universal Consciousness, Christ Consciousness, God-Realization or Self-Realization can truly know the meaning of oneness ("we are all one").

Care to elaborate on your second "paradox"?

Edited by Delusion_of_Self (04/15/05 04:54 PM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: S&P Paradoxes [Re: Delusion_of_Self]
    #4058731 - 04/15/05 12:07 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Those that have achieved oneness have access to "my" mind and need no explanation. Have one of those "others" elaborate for those of "you" still outside the circle.

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4058819 - 04/15/05 12:30 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Like you are outside of any circle swami. If you were, there would be no reason or point for you to come here. Here at S&P we connect with each other through channels of communication. Be it to teach, learn or relate via making connections, the ability to do so is there. We have to have the ability to connect and be connected to do this. It's not rocket science.

There is nothing mystifying about oneness realization. To realize we have the ability to make heart or mind connections with others and transfer information through channels that connect us is not a big deal. To realize we can relate to others because we are related o each other is not a big deal.

Hate anything all you want too. You can only do that because of your ability to relate external people, acts, things and experiences with an internal emotion. All we can hate are illusions that fade anyway.

Hate someone and then they die. Now what? One less person to hate. Currently 2.6 are born for every one that dies. More people to hate. Yeah!

What is so smart about choosing to be in a state of hate anyway? It feels like crap which makes it self punishing and that's a form of masochism.

We can live in a world of preferences and eliminate the reasons to be in hate. We can live in a continuum of moving towards what we prefer and it's so much nicer.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#4058884 - 04/15/05 12:45 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Human beings are paradoxical and hypocritical by nature. This is not something limited to S+P, nor is it something limited to certain members of S+P.

As I never claimed to believe that we are all one, I am free to hate others.  :heart:

Your world is as you create it, if you want hate to be present in your life feel free to except it, i try and not waste my time with that though, yet i accept other people acceptence of it.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: S&P Paradoxes [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4058890 - 04/15/05 12:46 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I hate no one. I just find it amusing that someone would get angry with me for questioning their "We are all one," comment. The irony is always so over-the-top with many "spiritual" types. Kind of like religious wars: "Love one another, dammit! Or I will have to kill you."

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4058926 - 04/15/05 12:53 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I hear ya! :lol: Reminds me of the why is it thread I did where I asked why it is, it takes an ego to tell people you have no ego. It is funny stuff!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4058934 - 04/15/05 12:54 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Good Swami, I'm glad to hear that. I think it's sad rather than amusing that we tend to get so defensive about our beliefs (some of us). Maybe we all do from time to time. I see your point, and it doesn't change the feeling for me that we really are all one. I just don't worry if you don't agree. :heart:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Edited by Icelander (04/15/05 12:55 PM)

OfflineDelusion_of_Self
Stranger

#4059319 - 04/15/05 02:42 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:

Those that have achieved oneness have access to "my" mind and need no explanation. Have one of those "others" elaborate for those of "you" still outside the circle.

Why do you bail out in such a way? I'm not playing any games with you. I shared my perspective. Could you share yours? -- You were the one to start the thread in the first place...if no discussion is going to take place then what's the point?

--------------------
"It is never a question of belief; the only scientific attitude one can take on any subject is whether it is true. The law of gravitation worked as efficiently before Newton as after him. The cosmos would be fairly chaotic if its laws could not operate without the sanction of human belief." -- Sri Yukteswar

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#4059359 - 04/15/05 02:52 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Why do you bail out in such a way? I'm not playing any games with you.

You're not? You sincerely do not know the difference between the present and the past?

--------------------

OfflineDelusion_of_Self
Stranger

#4059400 - 04/15/05 02:59 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Do you know the difference between elaborating on a point and asking back questions?

--------------------
"It is never a question of belief; the only scientific attitude one can take on any subject is whether it is true. The law of gravitation worked as efficiently before Newton as after him. The cosmos would be fairly chaotic if its laws could not operate without the sanction of human belief." -- Sri Yukteswar

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#4059414 - 04/15/05 03:03 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

what part of the circle would i be under if you dont mind making the assumption?

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#4059985 - 04/15/05 05:23 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Well if you do not understand "time", then I cannot explain it further.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale