Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCaptainCrunch
Contrary ToPopular Belief

Loc: Somwhere Over the rainbow
Not Wet Spot, Mud Spot.Over Saturated cakes..Myc Colinizing! Expert Advice Please
    #4058496 - 04/15/05 11:08 AM (19 years, 6 days ago)

Yesterday the first myc i have ever grown showed up on 7 of my nine cakes, i had already thrown out two due to, i gusse i was worried... last night I'm going through the contamination threads to make sure the myc isn't cob web.. well i find something about wet spot see pics etc.. Well my jars are over saturated and some spots no bigger than the plastic of a tack are sticking to the edges of the jars.. the myc is growing under neath the sticking parts and seems to be colonizing just fine.. I have herd from one person that if your cakes are sticking at all its impossible for myc to colonize and your screwed.. tell me this is not the case.. i threw out another jars last night because the whole bottom half looked like a big mud smear.. but before i did so, i smelled the cake, smelled like wet warm moist verm.. i squished it in my hands the subsrate is very gluey right now and not necessarily just wet, kinda dry muddy..I have not camera i wish i did or id show you.. must i throw out all my jars.. on my first grow? Has this happened to anyone, and they still fruit there cake at 100%? Any advice would be very helpful thanks :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild Blue Yawnder
Re: Not Wet Spot, Mud Spot.Over Saturated cakes..Myc Colinizing! Expert Advice Please [Re: CaptainCrunch]
    #4058606 - 04/15/05 11:36 AM (19 years, 6 days ago)

That's why formulas and drain times are so key for this hobby. Over saturated substrates are the perfect breeding grounds for bacteria. That's why you should always stick to a proven tek and you'll be ok. I'm not sure of your prob, pics would definately help. But i'm about 99% sure your screwed. I'm sorry to have to give you the bad news. Keep trying and you'll get it man! :thumbup:

OfflineCaptainCrunch

Re: Not Wet Spot, Mud Spot.Over Saturated cakes..Myc Colinizing! Expert Advice Please [Re: Hotnuts]
    #4058705 - 04/15/05 12:01 PM (19 years, 6 days ago)

OK well, the subsrate is not contaminated.. The cakes looked like this the day i made them.. Myc showed up yesterday on the cakes and has since then grown. the problem is the cake is saturated there is more than enough water, making the cake gluey in the literal sense, it doesn't look gluey,it is gluey..Five days ago, After i sterilized the cakes for and hour and half, and the cakes being saturated.. they naturally expanded.. There for little parts of the cake that expanded during the sterilization made smears on the glass of the jars.. and parts of the cake are sticking to the sides of the jars due to the expansion during the sterilization process.. now we have identified the problem.. So myc has grown none the less, simply because there's not that much sticking, but it is there... It is not growing and it dosen't smell, therefor i excluded wet spot.. I'm left here thinking logically if the jars are not contaminated, and all that's happening is parts of my cakes are sticking to the sides of the pf jars,( very small parts like the size of the plastic end of a tack).. and the myc is colonizing, then theoretically i could let it colonize to as much as it can... and case.. and or start an out door patch with the cakes.. Dose that put it in better terms? Could that work?

OfflineCaptainCrunch

Re: Not Wet Spot, Mud Spot.Over Saturated cakes..Myc Colinizing! Expert Advice Please [Re: CaptainCrunch]
    #4058772 - 04/15/05 12:16 PM (19 years, 6 days ago)

????

OfflineCaptainCrunch

#4058900 - 04/15/05 12:47 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

Anybody

OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

#4058919 - 04/15/05 12:51 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

If the mycelium is still growing, let'em go. If it's the bottom of the cakes that are a little wet and chunky, you can flip them over and lightly tap them on a book so the substrate will seperate from the glass some. That will proly finish it up. After full colonization, simply use them any way you want too.

Edited by hotnutz (04/15/05 12:52 PM)

OfflineCaptainCrunch

Re: Not Wet Spot, Mud Spot.Over Saturated cakes..Myc Colinizing! Expert Advice Please [Re: Hotnuts]
    #4058991 - 04/15/05 01:17 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

Ha.. Thats brillant, i just did that and it seperated without a problem not smearing either.. funny thing is it was mostly the bottom of the cake that was sticking.. Thank you

OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

#4059931 - 04/15/05 05:12 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

Glad I could be of some help. :thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds